• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1043: "Let us die together" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Please don't tell me Luffy is going to get imprisoned again and this arc lasts another year and Luffy ends up never actually beating any Yonko.

Especially since if he never beats Kaido then I just know a small sect of fans will insist he's "not really yonko level".

2. Luffy smiling baffles me. Like dude, your crew is gonna die against Kaido!

1. Please don't tell me Luffy is going to get imprisoned again and this arc lasts another year and Luffy ends up never actually beating any Yonko.
Nah, that's not gonna happen, Oda seemed to heavily imply Wano's ending this year
Especially since if he never beats Kaido then I just know a small sect of fans will insist he's "not really yonko level".
Well he's not fully Yonko level, he's had a shit ton of help getting to this point, he's Yonko level in AP and Durability, but overall as a fighter, he comes up short, his stamina can't compete with Kaidou's, I mean Kaidou's been basically fighting non stop tough opponents since the Raid began, meanwhile Luffy's taken like 3 naps
2. Luffy smiling baffles me. Like dude, your crew is gonna die against Kaido!
Well he is Joyboy, whatever that means

Wait, that means Luffy lost his Devil Fruit!
Nah, since it’s likely his Awakening as Joyboy that revived him

We still have no idea what being Joyboy means, it could just be a title, an actual specific person, the name of Luffy’s DF, the name of the devil within Luffy’s DF

We don’t know if Luffy will still be himself or is possessed, we don’t even really know if Luffy is legitimately a reincarnation of Joyboy, just similar to him, or he shares a soul with him

We have no idea in general WTF is going on

Well his heart stopped and brain went out for sure, but you can be dead legally for a few seconds to minutes and still come back to life IRL

But yeah, Luffy literally died.
I don't think Luffy clinically died, I think he actually passed away, as he lost his voice, which your body emits just by being alive.
Enel clinically died when he got "Reject Dialed", but no one commented on his voice disappearing.

I don't think Luffy clinically died, I think he actually passed away, as he lost his voice, which your body emits just by being alive.
Enel clinically died when he got "Reject Dialed", but no one commented on his voice disappearing.
I mean, nobody but the Priests and Aisa have Observation Haki or Mantra on Skypeia. The Priests were all defeated by that point of time and Asia was trapped with Luffy in the snake iirc

Well he's not fully Yonko level, he's had a shit ton of help getting to this point, he's Yonko level in AP and Durability, but overall as a fighter, he comes up short, his stamina can't compete with Kaidou's, I mean Kaidou's been basically fighting non stop tough opponents since the Raid began, meanwhile Luffy's taken like 3 naps
Yes, he was roughly even with Kaido in speed and AP (and has advanced future sight haki), but only for the short time that Gear 4 lasts, whereas Kaido can fight at peak capacity for days and has greater versatility.

Speaking of scaling to Yonkos i'm curious, how wide would you folks puts the power difference between current Yamato & Kaido? Is fighting pre-timeskip Yamato worth mentioning as a feat in Ace's page?

Yamato has probably grown much stronger by now.

Past Ace and Past Yamato do not scale (or at least shouldn't scale) to what they do later on, especially since they both train after their meeting.

Is it bad that I ship them both?

Unconciuos Luffy still had the '' Voice '' by the way, did anyone forget that Momo heard Luffy's voice in thelepathy when he Knocked out to the sea? mean Luffy still alive, Kaido and Bigmom still heard the ''Voice'' of 5 Supernovas and said they still alive, I think Voice here is refering to Precence or Life

Yamato when she fought Ace shouldn't be backscaled from her performance fighting against Kaido on the rooftop.
I already knew she wasn't as strong back then as she's now(3 years is quite the gap of course), that's why i separeted her with pre-timeskip & now. My intention was to mention that Ace can take hits from Yamato who's about as strong as he was at that time, I didn't plan to ugrade him with the current Wano powerlevel at all. Looking back at this, it's probably unusable.
Any ideas about my other question?

Last edited:
I already knew she wasn't as strong back then as she's now(3 years is quite the gap of course), that's why i separeted her with pre-timeskip & now. My intention was to mention that Ace can take hits from Yamato who's about as strong as he was at that time, I didn't plan to ugrade him with the current Wano powerlevel at all. Looking back at this, it's probably unusable.
Any ideas about my other question?
A gap of 3 years is enough to make a protagonist a god tier.

A gap of 3 years is enough to make a protagonist a god tier.
That's why I'm not backscaling Flashback Ace's durability to Current Yamato, but scaling him to Flashback Yamato. Back then, she could match attacks from an early pirate Ace who could slightly effect Whitebeard. I already gave up about this anyway

Can't describe the amount of chills I had from Zunesha likening Luffy's re-awakening to hearing the drums of liberation. Or I guess that's just his Haki causing that sound? Regardless- I'd hate it if Joyboy/Nika is possessing Luffy after he died/almost died. Bringing liberation by using another's body is-- a form of puppeteering after all. I'll hang to the hope that Luffy just had his moment of getting to sync with his DF. Or having some form of spiritual experience.

One's will exists on certain items/places after they're death, so it won't be far fetched to say JB/Nika's will continued on inside Luffy's fruit and he taught him how to awaken it? And maybe carry his will in the process.

Speaking of scaling to Yonkos i'm curious, how wide would you folks puts the power difference between current Yamato & Kaido
She's slightly weaker than Hybrid Kaido, as fast as him but less durable than him.

Kaido when he's in his drunk Shuron Hakke state is a lot stronger though, and even stronger with his super hybrid mode.

Can't describe the amount of chills I had from Zunesha likening Luffy's re-awakening to hearing the drums of liberation. Or I guess that's just his Haki causing that sound? Regardless- I'd hate it if Joyboy/Nika is possessing Luffy after he died/almost died. Bringing liberation by using another's body is-- a form of puppeteering after all. I'll hang to the hope that Luffy just had his moment of getting to sync with his DF. Or having some form of spiritual experience.

One's will exists on certain items/places after they're death, so it won't be far fetched to say JB/Nika's will continued on inside Luffy's fruit and he taught him how to awaken it? And maybe carry his will in the process.
Possession is the polar opposite of Joyboy's themes. It's just Luffy bouncing back from the dead like Enel.

Possession is the polar opposite of Joyboy's themes. It's just Luffy bouncing back from the dead like Enel.
exactly!! Saying Joyboy is CONTROLLING ANOTHER BEING would literally stand fully against his theme.
But I won't be against it if next chapter actually shows us what was happening to Luffy when he was dead. A toriko-like moment where he meets White- only Luffy with Joyboy/Nika.

Oooooh, the giga buff state, now I know what you mean.

If we added that to the profile, what would we even call that?

Im late but i read something about ace = yamato 3-4 years ago but people always seems to forget that yamato has sea stone chains so she is much weaker than she actually is (like no haki and DF) just wanted to point this out yamato is actually way stronger than ace without sea stone chains

No Haki users were conscious at that moment aside from Asia, who's Kenbunshoku was disabled atm btw
Unconciuos Luffy still had the '' Voice '' by the way, did anyone forget that Momo heard Luffy's voice in thelepathy when he Knocked out to the sea? mean Luffy still alive, Kaido and Bigmom still heard the ''Voice'' of 5 Supernovas and said they still alive, I think Voice here is refering to Precence or Life
Alive and unconscious ≠ dead
6B Ace = Base Yamato < Hybrid Yamato < Hybrid Kaido?
Does Hybrid Yamato Posibly stronger than Marco?
That's why I'm not backscaling Flashback Ace's durability to Current Yamato, but scaling him to Flashback Yamato. Back then, she could match attacks from an early pirate Ace who could slightly effect Whitebeard. I already gave up about this anyway
She fought Pre-Training Ace, the one who couldn't even scratch WB

Im late but i read something about ace = yamato 3-4 years ago but people always seems to forget that yamato has sea stone chains so she is much weaker than she actually is (like no haki and DF) just wanted to point this out yamato is actually way stronger than ace without sea stone chains
seastone chains were fake, no one confirmed these were seastone chains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back