• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1003: "Night on the board" (Official Release)

Multipliers aren't able to be used w/out a statement of multiplying power.
Hody's pills are too wankable, I tried it and it didn't work.

Kaido has the casual lifting Onigashima feat, but it's not combat applicable so it's useless. That's why I want this

To happen, because I feel like it could give good results.
ready for city level result

It's okay for Zoro to get a magic powerup. A lot of One Piece powerups are magic in the first place. Even Zoro's Ashura form is a magic powerup (and unexplained as well).

Also, speaking of the chapter, did anyone else get the impression that Robin has infiltrated to the room where CP-0 is sitting ? There is a courtesan in the wide panel showing CP-0 members that looks exactly like her

I've seen others think that was Robin, but it wasn't. Oda would've made it clear that it was her if it was the case. Also, it doesn't really make sense for it to be her.

Why am I reading Zoro > Luffy?
Blades are always more lethal than punches, especially if you have a sword capable of cutting Kaido's skin...
Luffy is the first line against Kaido, I wouldn't even say that Zoro is stronger than Kidd and Law, he's just a better matchup against Kaido because of Enma. :/

KingTempest:

Well, at least Kaido is a less extreme cannibal than Big Mom, who is even willing to eat her own children.

True, Mama’s hunder pangs are way worse lol.

As for the Zoro > Luffy one I think its Luffys Haki that keeps him legitimately in the convo of being stronger right now, now I think G5 will legitimately put him above but atm G4 isnt quite enough.

Why am I reading Zoro > Luffy?
Blades are always more lethal than punches, especially if you have a sword capable of cutting Kaido's skin...
Luffy is the first line against Kaido, I wouldn't even say that Zoro is stronger than Kidd and Law, he's just a better matchup against Kaido because of Enma. :/
During the raid he's the first individual to force Kaido to dodge, first person to break through his scales and make him heavily bleed, first to force him to transform into his hybrid form. Saying he's stronger at the moment isn't unfounded.

Blades may be more lethal but we've been told neither blades nor physical blows should work on Kaido so it's not like Zoro is getting any easy advantage here (Killer and Law both use blades but are forced to use durability negation to harm him).

But of course the battle is still relatively in it's early stages and Luffy still has the King Kong Gun (and maybe even something else, who knows) and Zoro still has his Santoryu Ougi & Asura so still time to wait and see who is the definitive strongest. As for Zoro being stronger than Kid & Law, well personally I think he is considering Law's best attack did less to Kaido than what Zoro has & From Kid's dialogue it seems like he doesn't see himself stronger than the Kong Gattling.

"he's just a better matchup against Kaido because of Enma." Not sure what this means, are you implying Kaido is just naturally weak to enma slashes or something? Weird.

I definitely think Luffy wins a 1v1 but I do think atm moment with Enma Zoro has higher AP.

Ill say this tho, “make him heavily bleed” I dont know if id call that making Kaido bleed heavily as it honestly seemed comparable to the combo attack by the Scabbards, which is still impressive but id like to wait and see if its a deep cut or one that simply made him bleed.

"he's just a better matchup against Kaido because of Enma." Not sure what this means, are you implying Kaido is just naturally weak to enma slashes or something? Weird.
Yeah? Enma is the only blade who made Kaido bleed in this chapter. Kaido himself only focused on Enma and not on the others swords.
I don't get why you think that Ashura will be useful against Kaido when Zoro only has 1 sword capable of doing damage to Kaido. Zoro isn't suppressing himself, he knows that, that's why he used and Ittoryou attack with Enma in the previous chapter.

I don't get why you think that Ashura will be useful against Kaido when Zoro only has 1 sword capable of doing damage to Kaido. Zoro isn't suppressing himself, he knows that, that's why he used and Ittoryou attack with Enma in the previous chapter.
3 Enmas.
Ichi Ni Gorilla.
Zoro's definitely holding back.

If Zoro used 3 Enmas he’d probably die lol 😂.

On a serious note Enma has been shown to be very taxing which means there are limits to how much Enma can be used.

Yeah? Enma is the only blade who made Kaido bleed in this chapter. Kaido himself only focused on Enma and not on the others swords.
I don't get why you think that Ashura will be useful against Kaido when Zoro only has 1 sword capable of doing damage to Kaido. Zoro isn't suppressing himself, he knows that, that's why he used and Ittoryou attack with Enma in the previous chapter
Zoro still hasn't mastered Enma like Oden had but since last chapter his proficiency with the blade increased dramatically (the excess Ryou is smaller and Zoro isn't left wheezing after one attack this time).

Oden at the height of his power was able to use enma's power (i.e his own) in both his blades with no issue, that goes to say if Zoro can master Enma he could do the same with his three blades and Asura.
Baseless, Enma is producing strong enough attacks to harm Kaido. It's not that he has some natural weakness to Enma slashes than any other attacks.

. It's not that he has some natural weakness to Enma slashes than any other attacks.
Kaido has some natural weakness to ryou and Enma, which is different from other swords, is capable of unleashing It.
But only Enma can do that, so yeah? It's like a counter for Kaido, lmao.

It seems to be quite hard to get OP into the higher tiers of tier 7 and lower tiers of tier 6 unfortunately.

Uh... I mean could Tashigi even use Enma? Cause only a few people have ever been able to tame Enma.

Kaido has some natural weakness to ryou and Enma, which is different from other swords, is capable of unleashing It.
But only Enma can do that, so yeah? It's like a counter for Kaido, lmao.
Yeah he's susceptible to Ryou and internal attacks, but I'm struggling to see how that's a handycap in favor of Zoro only and somehow a weakness for Kaido when it would effect anybody.
Kaido vs Tashigi with Enma. Who would win?
Assuming she could even wield Enma (which I doubt since she couldn't even beat Monet on her own) then it would bring out whatever haki she has which personally I don't think she has enough to win against Kaido.

Disappointed, but not really surprised at this point.
The bias be too much on this site
It seems to be quite hard to get OP into the higher tiers of tier 7 and lower tiers of tier 6 unfortunately.

1a3d2deb2e13d615cf192e017c5e678b.gif

Nice chapter, idk, 5-7/10? The Yonkou core was very repetitive this chapter but CPa0 being in Onigashima really hyped me a bit, the Straws are doing surprisingly well if what we see of them is a bit ahead in their battles, was Yamato fighting someone last time we saw him tho? And no panel with Marco, sadly.

I hope next chapter we are finally going to focus in something else, i can't keep seeing the Yonkou doing absolutely nothing for 4 chapters in a row.

Also, what is the problem with tier 7 OP, guys? Tier 7 is a nice tier, iirc One Piece can fight and either draw or win against some verses that stop there, but in higher tiers OP will not be that strong.

Last edited:
It would be nice if One Piece could reach tier 6 at some point, yes. Going by the anime calculations, it is clearly intended to be of that scale, but the manga has less useful feats to go by.

I hope next chapter we are finally going to focus in something else, i can't keep seeing the Yonkou doing absolutely nothing for 4 chapters in a row.
Same I feel this is a good point to move away now, with CP-0 mentioning how even if the Yonko were defeated it wouldn't matter if the executives weren't dealt with.

Excited to see battles like Sanji Vs Queen etc.

I do think we’ll see something else next week, either other fights or a flashback.

Also I wouldnt say Mama isnt doing anything, but yeah it would be nice to see other stuff. Oda just better not have anything happen off screen.

Btw when you asked how Tagishi would fare against Kaido with Enma I hope you meant if she could hurt him and not fight him 1v1.

I definitely rate the chapter far higher than you do lol

Last edited:
Zoro stans are the biggest haters of Oden out there :-(

An excellent chapter overall. Kaido is lookiing sick with this twisters and Zoro fighting back with his Dragon named techniques. Big Mom gets a new attack and the supernova are smart enough to doge rather than try and tank it. In fact they have been fighting extremely well together so far and it has been a few chapters now so that is a win for teams not needing practice together.

Speaking of teams the highlight for me this chapter was actually CP-O. I've wanted to see them either in action or speaking for a while now and they did not dissapoint. It appears someone has the ability to measure casualties using a boardgame. An ability like that is extremely useful for large scale tactics and I am happy to see it. Either that or they just have very good OH and the board is a prop. I prefer to think it is the former though :D

Hybrid Kaido is incoming but I want to see Big Mom pull out a transformation as well. She might be able to use her Soul-Soul Fruit on Oden's lingering spirit, but will she help or hurt Kaido? I would be surprised if the pirates do not take each other out but Oda can still surprise me being that great imagination that he is.

Last edited:
I don't think Kaido has a specific weakness to Enma. Maybe Oden imbued the sword with his spirit - which is helping Zoro now - which wouldn't be far fetched because swordsmen canonically alter their swords permanently with their haki in One Piece (Ryuma and Shusui being the most obvious example).

Maybe somebody should write Oda a question about that?

If I write Oda, my question is "how do I pull off that godlike worldbuilding, though?"

But if I could ask more, yeah, I'd ask about Mihawk VS Shanks.

I also wish the Hancock VS Koby fight was seen. That would have been cool to see. I think Hancock would have won, though.

Well, I was more interested in Mihawk versus Oden than versus Shanks.

Saw this theory and thought it was worth sharing here:
The “forged” phrase repeatedly use to describe black blade formation may in fact be literal and those armament “flames” we see around Enma are currently heating up the steel and tempering it to change its properties, just like real life sword forging.
EtjTmb5XIAIX_E3

please try again. You're still not making sense
Basically Oda made a Madara out of Kaido, meaning he acknowledged he made him too strong in an interview years ago. He then goes and creates for us Oden, a new character outside of Marines or Pirates and thus someone who could and proved to be stronger.

Despite all this legwork Oda did Zoro stans takeaway is that Oden is just some high tier stepping stone for their favorite character to reach other characters weaker than Oden or Kaido. That both powerhouses are weak rather than both that strong. Below top tier instead of equal or above.

Back