• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1003: "Night on the board" (Official Release)

This is the attack Big Mom used btw, except this time it's full power
0890-014.png

Oh yeah it seems like the Volume 98 SBS has been leaked, Kaido's fruit is the Fish-Fish Fruit Mythical Model: Seiryu

I thought this might be this instead of a Karp fruit, just another case of Oda choosing a non conventional fruit name (Like Kaku with the ox ox fruit)

So Kaido is the Azure Dragon of the Four Symbols. I’m guessing now that Marco will be the Vermillion Bird. Yamato will be the White Tiger. No clue who will be the Black Tortoise. And I’m making a wild guess here Dragon will be the Yellow Dragon. Cause you know his name is literally Dragon so he will probably have some kind of devil fruit related to dragon.

With this upcoming chapter and last week's, Zoro should finally be High-7A when the upgrades happen. About time! And I can't wait to see what Zoro does when he stops Big Mom from hitting Luffy with her Cognac attack (the attack she used on Jinbe and he blocked).

With this upcoming chapter and last week's, Zoro should finally be High-7A when the upgrades happen. About time! And I can't wait to see what Zoro does when he stops Big Mom from hitting Luffy with her Cognac attack (the attack she used on Jinbe and he blocked).
Apparently Zoro just took Luffy and ran away from the blow.
I am really enjoying these chapters because there are really some cool panels and I like how Oda still pushes with the Supernova trio dynamic.
Zoro attacks are cool, but people still somehow deny the fact that his only way to hurt Kaido Is Enma, which it is a power-up, the yonkos are hyping the sword every chapter. I don't know why people get mad if Zoro's strength comes from a magic sword, Enma is like the Master Sword for Link from the legend of zelda, nothing wrong about it. Hope that Zoro fans will stop saying stupid things about Sanji's raid suit when the swordman has a huge power-up too, that is doing all the job against the Yonkos.
I am mad at Oda because I think It's bad writing the fact that Luffy still has this huge weakness in Gear 4th.
Kaido's Hybrid seems cool, let's wait and see, the situation seems to be really bad for supernovas, with a Luffy who can't fight.
Hawkins, Yamato and maybe Sanji Will reach the rooftop and help, in my opinion.

Apparently Zoro just took Luffy and ran away from the blow.
I am really enjoying these chapters because there are really some cool panels and I like how Oda still pushes with the Supernova trio dynamic.
Zoro attacks are cool, but people still somehow deny the fact that his only way to hurt Kaido Is Enma, which it is a power-up, the yonkos are hyping the sword every chapter. I don't know why people get mad if Zoro's strength comes from a magic sword, Enma is like the Master Sword for Link from the legend of zelda, nothing wrong about it. Hope that Zoro fans will stop saying stupid things about Sanji's raid suit when the swordman has a huge power-up too, that is doing all the job against the Yonkos.
I am mad at Oda because I think It's bad writing the fact that Luffy still has this huge weakness in Gear 4th.
Kaido's Hybrid seems cool, let's wait and see, the situation seems to be really bad for supernovas, with a Luffy who can't fight.
Hawkins, Yamato and maybe Sanji Will reach the rooftop and help, in my opinion.

I've seen the scans. So Zoro has a speed feat in carrying Luffy out of the way of Big Mom's Cognac. Cool.

From what I've seen, no Zoro fan denies or get mad about people saying that Enma is a big power-up for Zoro or his main way of hurting him. It's when people use that to downplay him like you're pretty much doing that Zoro fans have an issue with. And I really don't know why you felt the need to bring up Sanji and his Raid Suit when I didn't even mention either one of them. Personally, I hate the whole war between the Zoro and Sanji fandoms and wish it would die out already.

Also, it's interesting that for last two chapters Zoro has only been using attacks with the word 'Dragon' in it against Kaido whenever he goes on the offense.

I've seen the scans. So Zoro has a speed feat in carrying Luffy out of the way of Big Mom's Cognac. Cool.

From what I've seen, no Zoro fan denies or get mad about people saying that Enma is a big power-up for Zoro or his main way of hurting him. It's when people use that to downplay him like you're pretty much doing that Zoro fans have an issue with. And I really don't know why you felt the need to bring up Sanji and his Raid Suit when I didn't even mention either one of them. Personally, I hate the whole war between the Zoro and Sanji fandoms and wish it would die out already.

Also, it's interesting that for last two chapters Zoro has only been using attacks with the word 'Dragon' in it against Kaido whenever he goes on the offense.
I actually find it kind of dope.

Also, what if Zoro developed a Four Sword Style?

Never said one of you did.
I talk with so many One Piece fans from different communities and they were all "oh, Sanji without his suit Is useless against King. So the suit Is the only thing strong about him", while now that Zoro is doing damage only with Enma (which is totally normal, it's his power-up and the sword was hypped as the only sword capable of hurting Kaido) they're all giving credit to the swordman, when the Yonkos gave a lot of credit to the sword, which was described as not common blade.
Nothing wrong about having a sword which is your main source of power, it's a common thing in fictional chatacters, Zoro is still on that level, even though he needs Enma.
I like the fact that Roronoa saves Luffy in different occasions and he's doing great against Kaido, but let's not forget about Kidd and Law, Mugiwara's rivals, which Oda is portraying alongside the main chatacter, I think people are sleeping on them.

My only issue with the Enma conversation is people assuming that it has its own storage of power or whatever, it's power was already said to take more from the user than normal and that is still a power-up I'd assume and I think that's fine.

But when people act like the katana is actually storing it's own haki that Zoro is using is stupid, the Scabbards were also described to be using Oden's Ryou and I don't think Oden left them some of his haki before he died. It's more likely just inherited will/souls living on in the Katana's that was mentioned earlier in the story.

However now that we know Kaido can sense haki in people/swords would this be justification for Observation Haki?

Never said one of you did.
I talk with so many One Piece fans from different communities and they were all "oh, Sanji without his suit Is useless against King. So the suit Is the only thing strong about him", while now that Zoro is doing damage only with Enma (which is totally normal, it's his power-up and the sword was hypped as the only sword capable of hurting Kaido) they're all giving credit to the swordman, when the Yonkos gave a lot of credit to the sword, which was described as not common blade.
Nothing wrong about having a sword which is your main source of power, it's a common thing in fictional chatacters, Zoro is still on that level, even though he needs Enma.
I like the fact that Roronoa saves Luffy in different occasions and he's doing great against Kaido, but let's not forget about Kidd and Law, Mugiwara's rivals, which Oda is portraying alongside the main chatacter, I think people are sleeping on them.

Hey, I like Sanji, and I've noticed that he does get a lot of unnecessary flak from the One Piece community. Even from some of his own fans. So I can understand your frustrations about that.

Who's sleeping on Kidd and Law? I've seen plenty of people give them and Killer their props because of what they've done in the past few chapters. Myself included.

Last edited:
My only issue with the Enma conversation is people assuming that it has its own storage of power or whatever, it's power was already said to take more from the user than normal and that is still a power-up I'd assume and I think that's fine.

But when people act like the katana is actually storing it's own haki that Zoro is using is stupid, the Scabbards were also described to be using Oden's Ryou and I don't think Oden left them some of his haki before he died. It's more likely just inherited will/souls living on in the Katana's that was mentioned earlier in the story.

However now that we know Kaido can sense haki in people/swords would this be justification for Observation Haki?
I mean, seems legit.

Seems Kaido referring to Zoro using "Oden's Haki" is his way of referring to that level of Armament Haki or something. From what I can tell it just means Zoro has the same tier of Armament Haki as Oden.
EtZn4KWWgAAEBcB

EtZn4a3WgAAaoVe

Seems Kaido referring to Zoro using "Oden's Haki" is his way of referring to that level of Armament Haki or something. From what I can tell it just means Zoro has the same tier of Armament Haki as Oden.
EtZn4KWWgAAEBcB

EtZn4a3WgAAaoVe
But don't forget that Kaido said something quite similar to the Scabbards, but he did somewhat take his statement back just before taking off Kiku's arm (Only implying that they are inferior to Oden).

He could be talking about Oden's Haki literally, but if that's the case, I do believe Oden left a permanent imprint of his Haki in Enma--similarly to how it can be determined that the Black Blades are permanently turned black via Haki. He could have also bestowed his Haki onto the Scabbards as well since it's safe to assume one person could potentially transfer their Haki from themselves onto another person.

Bro lets ******* GO! That chapter was hype as ****!

Zoro finally got his cut on Kaido, wasn’t huge or devastating but its a start, while ill dispute Zoros haki being on par with Oden it being the the same type at least when he uses Enma (Basically the kind of Haki Enma pulls from the user) id fully agree with that.

Kaido seemed to recover from Kong Gatling pretty quick and as I mentioned he was legitimately cut but it seems to be similar to that combo attack preformed by the scabbards where they got him to bleed but the damage wasn’t permanent (At least so far thats how it seems). Mama took Counter Shoke, and seemingly did yell in pain but recovered rather quick.

Kaido gets some new stuff but damn bro... finally got a preview of Kaidos ****** Hybrid form hell yeah.

Great chapter with alot of stuff from various characters, showed off Zoro and Luffys relationship as well which is awesome to see.

But don't forget that Kaido said something quite similar to the Scabbards, but he did somewhat take his statement back just before taking off Kiku's arm (Only implying that they are inferior to Oden).

He could be talking about Oden's Haki literally, but if that's the case, I do believe Oden left a permanent imprint of his Haki in Enma--similarly to how it can be determined that the Black Blades are permanently turned black via Haki. He could have also bestowed his Haki onto the Scabbards as well since it's safe to assume one person could potentially transfer their Haki from themselves onto another person.
He took his statement back on them being like Oden because he kept having flashbacks to Oden when he fought them which he described as "the visage of Oden".

It's okay for Zoro to get a magic powerup. A lot of One Piece powerups are magic in the first place. Even Zoro's Ashura form is a magic powerup (and unexplained as well).

Also, speaking of the chapter, did anyone else get the impression that Robin has infiltrated to the room where CP-0 is sitting ? There is a courtesan in the wide panel showing CP-0 members that looks exactly like her

Manga Reader​

This was a fire chapter and so far, one of the best Wano chapters since Wano started 100 chapters ago.

The scene was set.
Luffy has fallen (temporarily).
Kaido has finally been cut.
CP-0 has been shown.
Tobiroppo vs Straw Hats scenes have been shown (a little, nothing to get hype about).
Kaido's Hybrid form is finally showcased.

CP-0 and Orochi were confirmed to have a relationship, they called him their "supplier". What did he supply them? I know they had encounters earlier when he shot one of their members, but "Supplier"? That's new.

Kaido has a bunch of named techniques now that we know of.

Kaido eats people. He was actually about to eat Luffy... what the heck?

I also really liked this chapter, but hope that Shanks will show up with his crew, as things are not looking good right now.
Shanks definitely did say "I'll see you soon Luffy" after Whole Cake Island. I don't think soon means "after you leave Wano".
Shanks definitely idolized Oden, and Oden called him "first son". I'm convinced that someone who killed someone that close to Shanks is just wandering around and Shanks doesn't care, unless he's still talking with the Gorosei at Levely about "a certain pirate".

Power Scaler​

When the official scans come out, can someone calc Luffy punching Kaido? It made a huge shockwave that pushed apart clouds.
Zoro made huge tornado, Kaido made huge tornadoes. Tornado boys.
Enma Zoro > Gear Fourth Kong Gatling Gun.
Big Mom got hit with counter shock and wasn't seen for the rest of the chapter until the end.
High 7-A One Piece is on the chopping block right now. I'm trying to maintain it, but it might be gone soon.

If we argue to keep doriki scaling, maybe we can make g2 and g3 5x and g4 9x. And with Hody's pill multipliers, characters will become High 7-A, maybe 6-C. I don't know. But we have to try for One Piece. If we leave trying, OP God tiers would even downgrade to 7-B XD

If we argue to keep doriki scaling, maybe we can make g2 and g3 5x and g4 9x. And with Hody's pill multipliers, characters will become High 7-A, maybe 6-C. I don't know. But we have to try for One Piece. If we leave trying, OP God tiers would even downgrade to 7-B XD
Multipliers aren't able to be used w/out a statement of multiplying power.
Hody's pills are too wankable, I tried it and it didn't work.

Kaido has the casual lifting Onigashima feat, but it's not combat applicable so it's useless. That's why I want this
When the official scans come out, can someone calc Luffy punching Kaido? It made a huge shockwave that pushed apart clouds.
To happen, because I feel like it could give good results.

Back