• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1000: "Straw Hat Luffy" (Official Release)

I guess that may be blood but id like to see the colored version but ok I’ll concede that point, tho again I highly doubt the damage caused by it was very much.

Honestly im just hoping Kaido gets some decent feats during this fight and actually holds his own in this fight and doesnt just get pushed around.

My god this was a glorious chapter, Luffy just walking past Kaido and Big Mom and then dropping Kaido with a punch was amazing, this is probably my favorite chapter of the Wano Arc so far, it is oozing badassery

Congrats to One Piece for finally hitting 1000, so glad we reached this benchmark

the chapter title is Monkey D. Luffy, and this is the first time Luffy has introduced himself with his real name and not Luffytaro since the beginning of Wano just WoW

An amazing chapter. It really managed to be inspiring and pull on the heartstrings in how it showcased the nobility, loyalty, dedication, and bravery of several characters.

Oda is incredibly patient in how slowly but surely he builds up his story.

Anywho though, looks like the definitive top 5 supernova is probably going to be these 5.
Killer seems out of place though. Zoro took him down easily earlier, and his pride was broken by Kaido.

Killer seems out of place though. Zoro took him down easily earlier, and his pride was broken by Kaido.
true i thought that as well, but i suppose his pride was never broken and was rather sacrificing himself for his captains sake. But undeniably these will be the 5 strongest since they're likely the only ones who will get feats against Yonko.

Good chapter, but 995 will probably be my favorite of the entire arc, imo 995 added more to Nami in 4 or so pages than 1000 added to Luffy, 1000 was good and badass yes, but most of the events in 1000 were confirmations of Luffy's personality, which has been perfectly developed since 0001, rather than additions to him. If the secret dream Luffy shares with Roger had been revealed in 1000 it would be completely different tho, but for some reason it wasn't.

Also regarding scaling. X drake's AP comes from it scaling above gear 3rd luffy because he needed gear 4th to one shot the numbers.

With this chapter I'm doubting that because luffy cracks some of kaido's teeth with red rock which even if it ignores durability to an extent by burning that shouldn't mean it should crack teeth that's a blunt force feat , the blood could be explained because of flames but not the teeth.

The best move is just to wait because gear 3rd has been used very liberally in this arc as he uses it on page one with only minor damage and even on a random fodder soldier, but this is just a note at the moment.

That was supposed to be changed to scaling to other flying six members.
Yeah true, but understanding where the flying six scale is hard too, we have to see how this fight goes down, but Kaido should be way stronger than all the other members of the flying six and luffy was having trouble with ulti and page one. We need more chapters for context to understand the new scaling chart but lets wait.

Base Sanji < Raid Suit Sanji < Page One ~ other members of the Tobiroppo.
Base Luffy < Gear Third Luffy < Ulti ≤ Gear Fourth Luffy.

Didnt raid suit sanji take a hit from King and he even attributes it to durability. Whatever rn I'm waiting until this arc is over to talk about this.

Lets just have fun here.

Drake and the others don't automatically scale above Gear 3rd Luffy just because Luffy popped Gear 4th on Numbers--especially since Luffy one-shot them (and weaker characters have done the same). The Numbers are practically irrelevant on the scaling chains currently:

For Ulti's AP, there are 2 specific chain paths to follow:

1) Base Luffy (AP-only) < Ulti (for overpowering him) < Hybrid Ulti </= Gear 2nd Luffy (unknown here) < Gear 3rd Luffy. Base Ulti is "At least 7-A", Hybrid Ulti is simply "higher".

2) Base Luffy (AP and Dura) < Full Transform Ulti (for pinning him and seemingly at a threat level where Luffy thought it necessary to use Gear 4th to tank her incoming attack. 2.5) Any Headliner or rank beneath Tobi Roppo < Ulti at full power. Full Transform Ulti is "7-A+" since a) She's suggested to be superior to the likes of Hawkins and potentially Apoo by virtue of being a Tobi Roppo, and b) she was implied capable of seriously hurting Base Luffy, who has 7-A+ durability at the time.

Each Tobi Roppo (with the exception of Drake) would look like:

At least 7-A normally (scaling from Ulti), 7-A+ with Full Zoan Transformation.

And the AP would look like "At least Mountain level (reasons. Ulti), higher with Hybrid Transformation (reasons. Page overpowering RS Sanji, and them being stronger than base in general), Mountain level+ with Full Transformation (Should be stronger than any of the headliners. Scaling from Ulti who nearly forced Luffy to pop Gear 4th. Should be stronger than Apoo physically)

for Drake, he'd be slightly different since he's got his own feats to work with:

At least 7-A normally (same reasons), 7-A+ with Zoan Transformations

"At least Mountain level (scaling from Ulti. Also cuz he held his own against a casual Zoro), Mountain level+ with Hybrid Transformation (pressured Apoo heavily, stronger than base), higher with Full Transformation (finished off a wounded Apoo with one blow. Should be stronger than his Hybrid form)

@CyborgSakumo - Sanji during Onigashima raid would have his own key as opposed to when he entered Wano. However, he hardly gets scaling from King given that he was overpowered by base form quite easily.

Drake and the others don't automatically scale above Gear 3rd Luffy just because Luffy popped Gear 4th on Numbers--especially since Luffy one-shot them (and weaker characters have done the same). The Numbers are practically irrelevant on the scaling chains currently:

For Ulti's AP, there are 2 specific chain paths to follow:

1) Base Luffy (AP-only) < Ulti (for overpowering him) < Hybrid Ulti </= Gear 2nd Luffy (unknown here) < Gear 3rd Luffy. Base Ulti is "At least 7-A", Hybrid Ulti is simply "higher".

2) Base Luffy (AP and Dura) < Full Transform Ulti (for pinning him and seemingly at a threat level where Luffy thought it necessary to use Gear 4th to tank her incoming attack. 2.5) Any Headliner or rank beneath Tobi Roppo < Ulti at full power. Full Transform Ulti is "7-A+" since a) She's suggested to be superior to the likes of Hawkins and potentially Apoo by virtue of being a Tobi Roppo, and b) she was implied capable of seriously hurting Base Luffy, who has 7-A+ durability at the time.

Each Tobi Roppo (with the exception of Drake) would look like:

At least 7-A normally (scaling from Ulti), 7-A+ with Full Zoan Transformation.

And the AP would look like "At least Mountain level (reasons. Ulti), higher with Hybrid Transformation (reasons. Page overpowering RS Sanji, and them being stronger than base in general), Mountain level+ with Full Transformation (Should be stronger than any of the headliners. Scaling from Ulti who nearly forced Luffy to pop Gear 4th. Should be stronger than Apoo physically)

for Drake, he'd be slightly different since he's got his own feats to work with:

At least 7-A normally (same reasons), 7-A+ with Zoan Transformations

"At least Mountain level (scaling from Ulti. Also cuz he held his own against a casual Zoro), Mountain level+ with Hybrid Transformation (pressured Apoo heavily, stronger than base), higher with Full Transformation (finished off a wounded Apoo with one blow. Should be stronger than his Hybrid form)

@CyborgSakumo - Sanji during Onigashima raid would have his own key as opposed to when he entered Wano. However, he hardly gets scaling from King given that he was overpowered by base form quite easily.
I'm sort of fine with that scaling chart the issue here is that Luffy and the people in this fight will probably end up to some extent scaling to Kaido and Big Mom we'll cross that bridge when we get to it to see how they scale together but Kaido should at least be 6-C, if luffy and co's durability can even somewhat scale to it that scaling chart would need some edits.

Spoiler Warning
- Luffy attacks Kaido with the Gomu Gomu no Red Rock (looks like a new attack) in Gear 3.
- Big Mom to Kaido: "How did you let him hit you like that?"

I'm waiting for tier 6 Supernovas
I think Red Rock should be an upgraded version of Red Hawk and based of my theory i would say Red Rock Was Combined With Advanced Armament Haki since we saw Kaido bleeding from his mouth

Btw did anyone get meruem flashbacks when luffy walks past them in one step.(Yes it was one step, the sfx oda uses clearly shows this). Not saying it's a blitz as all it shows is Kaido and Big Mom shocked which could have just been because he ignored them, but it's still really cool.

I'm sort of fine with that scaling chart the issue here is that Luffy and the people in this fight will probably end up to some extent scaling to Kaido and Big Mom we'll cross that bridge when we get to it to see how they scale together but Kaido should at least be 6-C, if luffy and co's durability can even somewhat scale to it that scaling chart would need some edits.
Luffy's AP can only currently scale to 7-A+ with Gear 3rd. Assuming he shows that he can consistently hurt Kaido with haki-imbued attacks, he would be "up to 6-C via Haki", but right now Red Rock has dura negation (due to functioning similar to Red Hawk) and if he was using Goken (also dura negation) his AP at this time has no reason to full-scale to Kaido.
Btw did anyone get meruem flashbacks when luffy walks past them in one step.(Yes it was one step, the sfx oda uses clearly shows this). Not saying it's a blitz as all it shows is Kaido and Big Mom shocked which could have just been because he ignored them, but it's still really cool.
Luffy didn't take one step to get behind Kaido and Big Mom. He was ignoring them and walking towards Kinemon while the two of them were trash talking. They were confused because Luffy didn't show any interest in what they were saying, nor was he giving either of them any form of attention.

Or he did blitz them and they both didn't even react to it in any fashion lol

Luffy's AP can only currently scale to 7-A+ with Gear 3rd. Assuming he shows that he can consistently hurt Kaido with haki-imbued attacks, he would be "up to 6-C via Haki", but right now Red Rock has dura negation (due to functioning similar to Red Hawk) and if he was using Goken (also dura negation) his AP at this time has no reason to full-scale to Kaido.

Luffy didn't take one step to get behind Kaido and Big Mom. He was ignoring them and walking towards Kinemon while the two of them were trash talking. They were confused because Luffy didn't show any interest in what they were saying.
Look at the SFX it only shows a single step where previously it showed multiple, in no way am I saying it's anything near a blitz and I used the exact logic you said on why that's true, regardless it doesn't matter it could be one step or ten it's really not important we agree it's not a speed feat and that's what matters. I'm calling it one step because that's what it looks like to me and that's more badass

I really don't know why we would use up to 6-C as no other character who has Goken(Rayleigh, Roger, etc..) is given that rating and the power has never been stated or given a reason to fluctuate.

I'm not using this chapter to scale because we don't know how this fight will go, just speculating from how it seems to me.

I would say Whos Who And Sasaki ~ RS Sanji > Page One ~ Other Tobiroppo > Base Sanji Cause RS Sanji still dominated Page One Off screened in the end he made Page One scream from pain

I really don't know why we would use up to 6-C as no other character who has Goken(Rayleigh, Roger, etc..) is given that rating and the power has never been stated or given a reason to fluctuate.
I'm actually going to be addressing Haki being included onto the profile pages, as up until this arc we had no real reason to put a stat of it on any of the character pages (except Bellamy).

There's several feats (particularly in more recent arcs) that justify giving either a "higher" rating or simply a higher tier for specific characters.

@Darkvie123 - Sanji wasn't exactly dominating the fight if his only successful attacks were a result of Page getting cocky and also we see evidence of Page taking notable damage. the chain is in regards to power, not overall combative effectiveness.

I'm actually going to be addressing Haki being included onto the profile pages, as up until this arc we had no real reason to put a stat of it on any of the character pages (except Bellamy).

There's several feats (particularly in more recent arcs) that justify giving either a "higher" rating or simply a higher tier for specific characters.

@Darkvie123 - Sanji wasn't exactly dominating the fight if his only successful attacks were a result of Page getting cocky and also we see evidence of Page taking notable damage. the chain is in regards to power, not overall combative effectiveness.
Oh okk i see

If that's the case it should be 6-C with Haki not up to 6-C with Haki , Haki is a relatively consistent powerup that doesn't fluctuate significantly.

I didn't read the whole thread, but this part is full of circular scaling, Apoo is only 7A+ if Drake is 7A+, therefore Drake can't be 7A+ for pressuring Apoo, and he can't be 377 due to being equal to a 7A+ who was fighting casually, he can have it from scaling to Ulti but this bit about Zoro does not work.

Iirc the reason for the Tobiroppo being 7A+ is that their transformations are massive power ups to their already 377 base form. So Drake is 7A+ in Hybrid for being way above his base, then Apoo is = him due to blocking him and a casual Zoro using Haki, and then Zoro is 7A+ due to one shooting Apoo when serious.

Yeah this actually bringes up a pretty major issue in scaling regarding Bellamy.

Bellamy's profile is low 7-B likely 7-A via haki.

This makes no sense, mainly because of Dellinger.

Dellinger stomps Bellamy with relative ease without using his fighting fish form and if Haki really was such a boost it would make him 7-A which would be above dellinger, the obvious question is why didn't he use it in that fight.

I think the idea is rather obvious, it's not a massive boost relative to his power level.

Bellamy most definitely did NOT fight back against Dellinger because he was beginning to have a mental breakdown because his idol was willing to have him executed for his failure (also, there's the potential for the Executives to be upgraded to "At least Low 7-B, possibly 7-A" for the simple fact that Viola was strong enough to hurt Sanji a bit--Gladius being evidently more powerful than her, and potentially scaling Chinjao to Base Luffy, who at the time is also "At least Low 7-B, possibly 7-A")

Bellamy most definitely did NOT fight back against Dellinger because he was beginning to have a mental breakdown because his idol was willing to have him executed for his failure (also, there's the potential for the Executives to be upgraded to "At least Low 7-B, possibly 7-A" for the simple fact that Viola was strong enough to hurt Sanji a bit--Gladius being evidently more powerful than her, and potentially scaling Chinjao to Base Luffy, who at the time is also "At least Low 7-B, possibly 7-A")
Ok, in the anime they do show him fighting back but that's not considered canon, but regardless why would doflamingo send someone weaker than Bellamy to kill him he should bare minimum be comparable to him probably stronger.

None of the Yonkou are 6C anymore LMFAO. But 6C Killer would be amazing, who would have thought Killer would surpass the Admirals in power?

Last edited:
Why arnt they 6-C?
The 6-B Whitebeard got scrapped as Environmental Destruction and it scales to nobody, they have no 6-C calcs, they have no 6-C feats, nothing.

The only thing we can put them at right now is at least High 7-A for one shotting Luffy.

Back