• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1000: "Straw Hat Luffy" (Official Release)

Eminiteable

He/Him
Tuesday fan-translations come out and on January 3rd the official release will be out.

Break after Chapter 1000

Links to the Chapter: Mangaplus, VIZ

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread, also try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Spoiler Warning
- Luffy attacks Kaido with the Gomu Gomu no Red Rock (looks like a new attack) in Gear 3.
- Big Mom to Kaido: "How did you let him hit you like that?"

I'm waiting for tier 6 Supernovas

just a dream lol, even the yonkous are downgraded to tier 7
I mean, Kaido practically has a 6-C feat with casual effort, and Doflamingo should be scaling at least partially for his threads being durable enough to tank Fujitora's meteor shower (Luffy being the only character that arc able to destroy his threads consistently with Gear 4th.. Doffy taking hits from Gear 4th... fighting him for x amount of time.. etc).

Also, kinda going off what Big Mom said about "Kaido letting himself get hit", I think it's fair to assume Kaido is going to be taking this fight easy and might even demand that Big Mom stays out of it. Lack of scans and an actual translation atm, though. rip

I mean, Kaido practically has a 6-C feat with casual effort, and Doflamingo should be scaling at least partially for his threads being durable enough to tank Fujitora's meteor shower (Luffy being the only character that arc able to destroy his threads consistently with Gear 4th.. Doffy taking hits from Gear 4th... fighting him for x amount of time.. etc).
Good luck with that, unless it is explain how his flame clouds work and that his Boro Breath use the same flames, the scaling will never be accepted.

And the Birdcage scaling had be rejected last time i check, just like Kaido and Big Mom's clash.

Good luck with that, unless it is explain how his flame clouds work and that his Boro Breath use the same flames, the scaling will never be accepted.

And the Birdcage scaling had be rejected last time i check, just like Kaido and Big Mom's clash.
The Bird-cage scaling was only rejected because there's no way to get an exact value for the energy each thread took from the meteorites that dropped from it. On top of the fact that there were several people who legit tried to argue that the meteorites only came into contact with like 6 threads (Illogically... and ignoring the fact that there are artistic limitations and errors), so the surface area was small. It was a huge mess (The entire cage could scale fully to each meteorite since it's very likely they fully absorbed the impact as the meteorites did literally nothing upon impacting the ground--except starting a huge fire that remained for the entirety of Sabo vs Fuji).

There's also the matter of "You can only scale what each thread took" even though this isn't entirely accurate since all of the threads are connected at one point, so they'd all be feeling the reverberations of a literal meteor shower hitting the same spot at once (NOT the full force, obviously, but vastly more than what directly touches the thread), not to mention the threads were strong enough to withstand the full force of the shower since the rocks ended up dropping onto the city without actually putting a hole anywhere--or destroying the island for that matter. Also the fact that Doflamingo clusters hundreds to thousands of threads together in spikes for his Awakening (and makes ropes and stuff via Overhiito and Kumonosubaki) and G4 Luffy could still damage them as much as his normal threads (ignoring the fact that Doflamingo forced Luffy to use a further amp'd Bound Man attack to take him out cuz nothing else was working).

If anything, I'd just settle with it being justification to scale Doflamingo anywhere from base-line 6-C all the way up to the actual AP of the meteorite, so giving him just a "At least 7-A+ (current reasons), Likely 6-C (Dura scaling, Partial scaling to Gear 4th AP, who scales above his threads since he can break them--and needed KKG to finish Doflamingo off)" alone is justified. All this would change is that everyone who is currently "At least 7-A+, likely/possibly High 7-A" would instead be "At least 7-A+, likely 6-C".
  • It's also supported by the fact that Luffy is the only character in the verse to ever break Doflamingo's threads (the one's on his wrist are an unknown factor in the manga since Luffy's elasticity could've easily allowed him to slip free at any point), and only with Gear 4th--so only characters who scale from these 2 could possibly get the 6-C scaling in any fashion.

Kaido's feat is iffy since we don't know the functions, but if he is capable of generating an ability that can lift with 6-C energies (assuming it isn't a power that just makes everything weightless), he could scale to it.

I'm getting off-topic.

Anyways, I can't wait to get more info (specifically scans) for the chapter since it would be cool to see Gear 3rd Luffy do something to someone above mid-tier (seriously, it was hype at the start of Post time-skip via one-shotting the Kraken, Hody, and Caesar, but after that, it got trashed on).

I wonder what this "Red Rock" attack looks like. I think it would be too predictable for it to just be a massive version of Red Hawk (Probably would look like a type of Elephant Gun that has embers coming off of it and the Haki gives off an illusion of being "cracked" like a molten rock. Would look cool).

(Also, did i not call it like 50 chapters ago that 1,000 would be Luffy clashing with Kaido? Give me my million e-bucks)

Last edited:
the chapter is like a BOMB. but I have a problem with the drawings. It looks like it was not drawn by the fans but it also looks like it wasn't drawn by Oda. weird af

Knew Zoro would ignore King like he did Queen 10 chapters or so ago, so glad he's in the Kaido fight.

I assume translation isn't urgently needed? In theory, if I weren't so lazy, I could sort of "translate" it.
By which I mean, use an OCR website or transcribe the text to have Google Translate translate that... French dialogue, I think?

But I'm sleepy, & that's kind of something anyone can do if they really want.

I assume translation isn't urgently needed? In theory, if I weren't so lazy, I could sort of "translate" it.
By which I mean, use an OCR website or transcribe the text to have Google Translate translate that... French dialogue, I think?

But I'm sleepy, & that's kind of something anyone can do if they really want.
There's someone else doing a rough translation for it (although they've only covered 5 pages so I haven't linked it yet), but I'm unsure if they will continue.

The regular English team that translates the chapter says it will be delivered by Tuesday at the latest.

Luffy was truly badass at this chapter. Damn, really looks like he's going to kick Kaido's ass. It even reminded me of Goku arriving in the Saiyan Saga, ignoring his opponents and going to see his fallen friends.

It seems that Oden has also managed to see the future and Marco stopping two commanders at the same time is insane (As much as both have no great feats).

Btw, probably The fights will be Zoro, Killer and Law against Linlin (Honestly, they are all swordsmen there) and Luffy and Kidd vs Kaido since this was predicted when both were arrested at Udon.

Good chapter, better than i expected.

Can I just say lets wait until at least Chapter 1001 to use that to downplay Kaido or upgrade Luffy pls? Nothing there really showed Kaido was actually legit hurt and plus like 20 chapters ago we where shown Kaido’s tendency to just tank hits from foes he views as “Weaker” and tbh the look on his face after getting hit looked like shock, I doubt he was expecting Luffy to have developed so much.

Plus Luffy does have that Dura Negging Haki so lets just wait a bit before we declare Luffy equal to the Yonko.

But ignoring the scaling shit awesome chapter yet again with some fantastic moments.

Luffy's Haki is far more powerful than I was expecting. The fact that he isn't even using Gear 4th and dealt DAMAGE to Kaido himself speaks volumes for how much he has grown in the last training segment. (At least 7-A+ with Gear 3rd, 6-C with Haki confirmed lol)
  • I do not want to hype Luffy and co. too much at the moment though, given the fact that the fight has only begun and Kaido + Big Mom were just disrespecting Luffy before he landed the hit--even after, Big Mom questioned why Kaido "let himself get hit" and isn't believing for a second that Luffy is as strong as he is. Kaido and Big Mom are Yonko despite it all, so don't expect either of them to go down so easily.

All I know is that scaling is going to be a mess since I'm 100% sure Luffy was holding his Haki back when facing Ulti, Page One, and Yamato (and was likely only using his power from pre-training).

Marco restraining King and Queen doesn't automatically mean he's leaps above them (it could, but we can't call that yet). He is buying time for Zoro to reach the roof. However, I do expect Marco to be capable of taking Queen down at least. King doesn't seem all that concerned at the moment, so it might be a tough battle at the end of the day.
  • I'm certain King and Queen (especially combined) will be capable enough to pose a threat to Marco and figure out his ability's weakness, resulting in a higher-diff victory for Marco... assuming of course he wins in such a 2v1

To talk about the details of the chapter in general, I'm very satisfied with the lore building and small details:
  • We learn that Ace acquired his Vivre card from Yamato, the same one he showed in Alabasta before giving a piece to Luffy. I adore trivia like that.
  • We learn that Yamato found Oden's logbook in the burning castle thanks to someone in there protecting it--which makes more sense than Kaido simply trying to burn the place down and the book magically surviving for Yamato to acquire.
  • We're starting to understand little-by-little what the One Piece could be thanks to Yamato's words. Given that Roger stated "we were too early" and needed to wait "20 more years", this heavily implies that the One Piece (or something that is guarding it.. or acts like a key) ages with time. Perhaps it has something to do with a plant or animal (or egg) that grants access to the true treasure. There's so many directions this could go. Inb4 the One Piece is a giant block of cheese that needed to age 20 more years to be flavored perfectly. Sanji's true goal is in sight!!
  • Some part of Ace believed in Luffy even before he joined Whitebeard's crew and thought he could achieve his goal and become King of the Pirates.
  • Ace not realizing that Yamato is comparing Luffy to his father--whom his hates--which is ironic and precious. It gives me hope that Ace would have actually respected Roger and loved him if he had actually met the dude and not heard terrible things (like how Ace himself should never have been born and is a curse).
  • Part of me is suspecting "fate" to be playing a huge role much more recently, and I have a feeling that we will hit a big reveal VERY soon.
  • Luffy's behavior in ignoring both Big Mom and Kaido shows how much his mind-set has changed from his first encounter with both of them. He was hot-headed and that got him in trouble in both cases, but now he's collected and has a full grasp with everything surrounding him.
  • Law's eyes were obscured when he listened to Luffy's request to move the Samurai. I'm truly beginning to believe that Law is going to put his life on the line for Luffy, just that he's currently conflicted about it (and we'll learn his reasoning later too).
  • Big Mom and Kaido each show a sign of fear the moment they realize Luffy to be a threat.
EDIT: THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES TO THE STATS FOR ONIGASHIMA SIEGE CHARACTERS UNTIL AFTER THIS ACT OR THE ENTIRE WANO SAGA IS CONCLUDED

@CinCameron20
  • Luffy does have Dura negging haki so lets not automatically upgrade it to 6-C
  • Where did it legitimately show Kaido was hurt? We see a small pic of his face after the punch but its blacked out and you cant see much.

I will say tho that I think at the end there Mama and Kaido, for the first time, realised that Luffy was a legit threat.

This chapter is a great reminder of how far Luffy’s come from the rubber boy who was trapped in a barrel now he’s here proudly and boldly stating his ambition too two of the strongest pirates in the world. It’s really a perfect way of showing Luffy has come just as far as One Piece itself has. Congratulations to Oda for 1000 chapters of this phenomenal story and I’m very excited for what the next 5 years will bring.

Anywho though, looks like the definitive top 5 supernova is probably going to be these 5.
I’ll definitely agree with that, this fight will be quite interesting tbh as I wonder how it will go and how they will use there powers in unison.

This is Oda so this fight could go any number of ways and tbh neither side is guaranteed victory, Mama and Kaido could legitimately best the Novas just as they could lose since Oda has shown to go against the grain every now and then.

In that case Luffy doing this with gear third isn't that controversial scaling wise since he's likely going to fight comparably with them in gear fourth.

Last edited:
This may not be a popular opinion, but I found this chapter underwhelming.
Don't get me wrong, it's a really good chapter, but I expected something CRAZY from the number 1000, like the reveal of the meaning of the D. or else.

Regardless, Yamato remembering Roger's words is my favourite part, and the supernova standing in front of Kaido and BM with the profecy being told around is epic.

@CinCameron20
  • Where did it legitimately show Kaido was hurt? We see a small pic of his face after the punch but its blacked out and you cant see much.

I will say tho that I think at the end there Mama and Kaido, for the first time, realised that Luffy was a legit threat.
He made a clear expression of pain when he took the punch, but I think we need wait for the official translation before debating scaling and making theories.

I mean I dont know if id say it was a clear expression of pain, he did get punched in the face and he could simply be shocked but I can see what you mean.

But I guess either way the Scabbards showed that “hurting” Kaido doesn’t automatically mean you are doing any sort of real damage so we’ll definitely have to wait and see.

@CinCameron20

We don't fully know the extent of Ryuo, and we're not changing the profiles until after this arc is concluded (but if Kaido's durability is upgraded to 6-C via his own feat or Doffy's, Luffy's AP with the Haki would to for being capable of hurting him)

We see Kaido's face right at the impact of the punch. He is cringing and has blood coming out of his mouth, indicating that Luffy harmed him with the attack (However, since Red Rock likely functions identically to Red Hawk, it's dura negation anyways). TFW a Red-Hawk is probably > Kong Gun in effectiveness.

(Can someone please remind me how to link images through text? omg)

(Also the Scabbards would only scale to 1/4th Kaido's Durability while using Ryuo since their only meaningful attack that caused him to bleed a lot was a result of 4 attacking the same spot simultaneously, and despite their other attacks CLEARLY impaling his body [to my annoyance], they only get partial scaling to him).

Presuming Kaido gets scaling to 6-C (ASSUMING it's from Doffy negating a 46.2GT meteorite), they'd only be "At least 7-A (scaling to characters they've each fought before), up to 6-C with Ryuo (11.55GT scaling 1/4 from Kaido's Dura)

Last edited:
Back