• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Pokemon revisions

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This isn't anything major at all. Hence the title.

Babies
Baby Pokemon should be upgraded to Tier 8 via this calc if it gets accepted. Regardless of the accepted end, it's still tier 8.

Megas (& possibly Pseudos)
Ever so slightly more controversial, but I have no problems just dropping it. They should get the + for their tier as they should be above or at least comparative to a Thick Club boosted Marowak, which doubles its AP to a solid 588 GT, which is above halfway.

Because I have yet to edit every single profile (it takes a load of time ;_;). They're currently ~300 GT, but I have to edit several hundred profiles to make everything in line.

Before getting to the topics of megas

If Marowak has the boost from Thick Club, what about Pure/Huge Power Pokemon?

It would make sense, as Adaptabilitu is treated similarly and durability wouldn't scale because 2x isn't enough to one shot yourself with Newtwon's 3rd Law, although it would potentially push Mega Medicham into Small Country level.

Mega Mawile too.

And Adaptability should be clarify that only works on STAB (Not know how to handle that gane mechanic)

I forgot about Mega Mawile lol.

Yeah. For example, on Lucario's profile, I put it saying that moves that have the same type as it do double damage.

And Megas being stronger than Thick Club Marowak... I mean, it's not the biggest change in tier and it's not illogical, but i'll wait for others' opinions

So... This Post's idea is: Change Wall level pokes to Building level

Megas to High 6-C+

Implement the changes from Double attack

Basically that?

And Pokemon with double speed via Abilities (Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, Swift Swim) should get Relativistic+? (Or not? I mean, Poliwrath's calc x2 is 49% SoL lmao)

I've made all the changes regarding megas, and added a few abilities that some I felt were missing.

Quick question: Why is base Mawile High 6-C? It's a weak steel type found in Granite cave that has a lower BST than Beedrill and Kecleon.

Yeah, I agree with Aiden there. It's not one of the single stages that are High 6-C.

It really is good to have ya back.

Technically, Sableye still doesn't have a profile yet. (Someone should get to work on that.) But as for Mawile, I think the only reason it was up that high is because it Mega-Evolves. Personally, I would be able to sleep just fine at night if base Mawile was dropped to Low 7-C.

Neutral about this sans that Sableye, Mawile and Absol are Low 7-B, but several ignored Adult Pokémon are Sub-Relativistic and needs to be upgraded.

Dark649 said:
Neutral about this sans that Sableye, Mawile and Absol are Low 7-B, but several ignored Adult Pokémon are Sub-Relativistic and needs to be upgraded.
I think thats just because Cal forgot to uprade them.

This'll be a bit off-topic but its bothering me and I'd really like some input on it.

For some non-legendary Pokemon, why do we treat their Pokedex feats as Outliers exactly?

Are you talking about low-end pokedex entries, or are there any in particular?

The real cal howard said:
They shouldn't. I've since changed my mind about that being the case.
Oh really? Lol

Well, I mean, a Mega Stone would give a better boost than Thick Club or Light Ball

Mega forms in don't change except for being 2x stronger. But some base forms of Mega Pokémon like the aforementioned Mawile need to be evaluated (though I'll argue that Absol stays High 6-C).

Can I just say something?

I decided to help a little bit with the edits (finished Gens l and ll for you).

These edits are taking way too long to finish when we have more than 3 Pokemon supporters who are consistently active on the Pokemon scene here. There's no reason that after weeks, we still have Pokemon whose stats are outdated. Kommo-o was still Sub-Rel despite Rel being accepted for like a month. Not only that, you all need to fix your reasonings (I am not about to address my issues with Rel Pokemon here), but sometimes, said reasoning is lackluster. When I worked on Kangaskhan, why is that the only reason for the tier was that "Is a Mega Pokemon"? There wasn't even a "Should be comparable to other Mega Pokemon". Also reasonings like "via powerscaling" do not fly. Snorlax had that and I had to make up a reason to why he scaled to High 6-C just to edit the file. Via powerscaling is nice....but via powerscaling to whom? Not to mention some Pokemon are Relativistic, without any reason given.

There's my little rant.

All Pokémon in generals needs to be powerscaled to something different rather than the same as current and have a calc listed, it would be also appreacciated to not make any new profile until the all profiles are revised, trainers included.

That seems fair, at least until we get the majority of the Pokemon up to snuff.

Lazily slapping "Via powerscaling" is forbidden by our powerscaling rules, by the way.

Looks like Pokémon profiles need a major rework in general.

Pokemon has the most profiles on the wiki by a mile. And for a while, I was the only one doing it. Cut me some slack.

All the profiles from the regular Pokémon to little of the Leggendaries to the Trainers.

The real cal howard said:
Pokemon has the most profiles on the wiki by a mile. And for a while, I was the only one doing it. Cut me some slack.
But I wasn't targeting you Cal? Matter of fact my first sentence was actually complaining that you are the only one doing so.

Back