• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Pokemon revisions

Why wouldn't Rhydon scale. Until Gen lV, it was a final evolution and one of the more montrous Pokemon out there. Unless we assume Dugtrio is superior in power to a giant Rhinosaur.

The problem is that, by that logic, most evolved Pokémon who got an evolution later would be High 6-C. Porygon2 among other things. Or just Porygon itself, really.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The problem is that, by that logic, most evolved Pokémon who got an evolution later would be High 6-C. Porygon2 among other things. Or just Porygon itself, really.
But Porygon isn't a Rhinosaur tho

Porygon is a high tech killer bird robot. A SPACE high tech killer bird robot. That's good enough for me.

How so? I mean, we already have Pokemon who scale to High 6-C, but fluctuate. I am pretty sure we consider Tyranitar to be superior to the likes of a Raichu.

While I disagree and don't see how Rhydon being High 6-C messes up the system, I'll leave it be.

Or you could simply treat the Rhydon line differently, preserving the accuracy of our profiles.

The Rhydon line isn't the only one though. Gen 4 introduced plenty of evolutions after the original gen, and the entire Porygon line works that way.

Overlord775 said:
Putting Rhydon at high 6-C would mess up the entire pokemon scaling system
Not exactly. I agree with Dragon that Rhydon actually does have the qualifications to be High 6-C, and Rhyperior can be listed as "At least" High 6-C, due to being much stronger than Rhydon.

Then that would mean we would have Rhyperior inexplicably stronger than most other Mons just because it came later.

I mean....is that a real problem? We already treat certain Pokemon as stronger than others. Or are you saying that we treat the likes of Garchomp equal to the likes of Pelipper? Instead of being a decent deal stronger. (Refusing to point out that we have High 6-C and Relativistic PELIPPER, but whatevs)

I agree it's confusing, and I may not have explained it right. But, the fact is that in the early manga and anime, Rhydon has been shown to battle on par with many other high-level Pokemon, so it is definitely qualified to be at High 6-C.

Starter Pack said:
I agree it's confusing, and I may not have explained it right. But, the fact is that in the early manga and anime, Rhydon has been shown to battle on par with many other high-level Pokemon, so it is definitely qualified to be at High 6-C.
That applies to most pokemons, we costantly see base pokemons keep up or even defeat full evolved pokemons.

Starter Pack said:
But that was before Rhyperior came along and retconned that. If Rhyperior didn't exist, Rhydon'd likely be High 6-C

Except Rhydon was actually considered equal to those higher level Pokemon, and was not considered inferior to these other Pokemon at all. Heck, even Bruno from the Kanto Elite Four has been shown to use Rhydon during certain instances.

Like I said, retconned. Bruno also used an Onix, and we don't consider that High 6-C.

Apparently adding an evolution is a retcon strong enough to make a Pokemon automatically weaker. I disagree, but I am not in the mood to pursue this.

In the Pokemon Generations anime, Giovanni was shown to use a Rhydon to battle Red's Charizard, which is considered High 6-C. And this was after Gen IV.

In Pokemon Origins, Blue used a Rhydon to battle his way through Agatha, and defeated her Arbok, and while it does not have a profile, Arbok would certainly be considered High 6-C. He also possibly defeated Gengar with his Rhydon as well, though this was left unclear. And this was after Gen IV.

So...not exactly retconned, is it?

Apparently adding an evolution is an excuse for one Pokemon (Rhyperior) to be far stronger than any other, including psuedos which are canonically above it. Wait what?

Also it's annoying when people bring up examples of well trained Pokemon to prove a Pokemon's average strength.

High 6-C Squirtle anyone?

GyroNutz said:
Apparently adding an evolution is an excuse for one Pokemon (Rhyperior) to be far stronger than any other, including psuedos which are canonically above it. Wait what?
Where does it say that Rhyperior is even canonically below Pseudo's? You know, a fan-made term? Base stats are not evidence of this either as according to base stats, Kommo-o is comparable to base Necrozma and superior to the Legendary Birds.

But whatever, I am not about to debate this today as it's a waste of my time. All we are gonna do is go back and forth and end up nowhere.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Base stats are not evidence of this either as according to base stats, Kommo-o is comparable to base Necrozma and superior to the Legendary Birds.
Just because they prepared themeself for the arrival of Necrozma it doesn't mean they would be able to do anything to him

What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with lore at all. That has nothing to do with my comment at all.

This was also brought up on one of my vs threads, but should Abra scale to other first stage Pokemon? It currently scales to babies

So...I think I got the rest of the main High 6-C Pokemon profiles up to snuff. It should only just be the Trainers that need to be fixed up now.

Trainer need a change?

Both if not all are listed at High 6-C max

The only change needed is an speed upgrade, for some reason none of them reach Relativistic

Slightly off-topic, but why does Dark Matter have 4-A striking strength and only 5-B durability?

Back