• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

INTRODUCTION

Hello to you!

This thread is trying to discuss and argue that the current rating of 2-A of the Pokémon God Tiers do not have sufficient evidence to be indexed as likely, or arguably, not even possibly

I will try to summarize the reason why 2-A is being considered, and then argue why I believe it shouldn't be interpreted the way it's currently is.

I'd like to ask you to keep an open mind, as I will be accepting a compromise of "possibly' if that comes to the debate. I am not also planning on stonewall, nor push this through your opinions, so there will not be a need to be hostile towards me, or the thread, as it's been done in good faith. I honestly believe that the evidence presented by the blog we use is misinterpreted

With that in mind, let us start!!!

WHY 2-A IS ACCEPTED

The blog above summarizes all the reasons why 2-A is considered to be accepted, I'll make a brief summary in case some staff who has no expert knowlegde on the verse would like to express their opinion.

"Time and Space in the Pokemon Multiverse Is Infinite"
This argues that the time and space of the Pokemon Multiverse is infinite based on the fact that Masuda himself has stated that Infinite Time and Infinite Space exist within Pokemon.
Masuda: "[...] Infinite time and infinite space — that to me is the ‘ultimate.'"
This point is working as support evidence for the following arguments.

"Each Individual Cartridge Is Canonically a Universe In Pokemon"
This argues that every individual game in itself is a canonical universe in the grand multiverse of Pokemon.
"There's the fact that any Pokémon that comes from a cartridge from an older generation has the description "seems to have traveled across space and time to reach you from the X region". Same thing goes with the Gen 7/8 games and Pokémon GO."

Alongside some more evidence that this is the case
This point is again, supporting evidence for the next points.

"Pokémon uses the Many-Worlds Interpretation Theory"
This gives evidence that every possibility, choice from anyone create a different branch in the timeline, making countless universes in the grand multiverse

"This starts with the fact that, in the anime, it's stated that any possibility creates a parallel universe, following what M.W.I does."
"In ORAS, the Delta episode alludes to different universes bringing different possibilities from Zinnia's comment about the Dimensional Shifter and we can see a universe for each possibility too."

This is arguing that there's an countless amount of universes in the Pokemon universe.

""Space" means "Parallel Universes""
"And as another smaller supporting point, Space in Pokémon is also considered ever-expanding dimensions that infinitely expand, and since in this context they mean parallel universes, it further supports the M.W.I theory being a concept in Pokemon. The Original Story also refers to this being parallel universes when detailing the creation of the Cosmology"

This acts as a bridge between two of the evidences, M.W.I and the infinite space statements.

"Countless is actually infinite"
"Aside from Masuda's statement in section 1 of the blog, there are several reasons why the Countless statement of the previous part means actually Infinite."
"The Trading Card Game (which is accepted here) alludes to the existence of Infinite Space:
"Lucian, one of the Sinnoh Elite 4, claims the existence of Infinite Space when reading through Sinnoh Lore in Canalave Library"

This argues that the countless nature of M.W.I is actually infinite because of these statements, as well as the "countless ultra space" statement.

This summarizes the main points about why 2-A is even accepted here. I'll now explain the mistake of the core argument.

WHY 2-A SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTED

If you read all these arguments, you realize that the point the original blog is trying to make is, every possibility makes a new universe, and since there is an infinite amount of space and time, and because Space means "parallel universe", there is an infinite amount of timelines.

This line of reasoning is deeply flawed and lacks logical coherence.

The blog in question erroneously attempts to establish a causal relationship between assertions about spatial infinity and the theory of multiple worlds, without any substantive basis for such a connection. It fails to recognize that these two concepts are separate and self-contained, devoid of any intrinsic interaction. By erroneously conflating the two, the blog commits a logical fallacy and distorts the integrity of the arguments presented.

These claims regarding infinite space are not only rendered invalid for their intended purpose but are also fraught with logical inconsistencies. Take, for instance, the quote attributed to Lucian.
"...Ah, hello. You’re here to read, too? Books are wonderful things. The thoughts of people written in books stretch beyond time and space. I was just reading a collection of letters written by an artist long ago. More precisely, they were written to the artist's younger brother. 'The stars above tantalize from across infinite space. Feeling their gaze from so far away, I am charmed again by life.' The artist must have come to a conclusion seeing the night sky... It's an affirmation of life. It's very moving. I imagine we'll see each other again at the Pokémon League. Take care."

Not only does this statement is presented by Lucian himself as a reflection on life, employing poetic language, but it is also unsuitable as valid evidence for logical reasons.
"The artist must have come to a conclusion seeing the night sky... It's an affirmation of life. It's very moving."

First and foremost, it fails to establish a compelling connection to the infinite multiverse as it unquestionably pertains to a single physical universe, devoid of any reference to the expansive multiverse. Lucian explicitly states that the artist's conclusion was derived from contemplating the night sky. Thus, its relevance to the subject matter at hand remains questionable.

Moreover, it is worth noting that this assertion originates from an artist who contemplated his own life under the moon's glow. It goes without saying that an arbitrary hipster from the past lacks the credentials to make substantiated claims about astronomy. The absence of formal training or expertise in astrophysics renders this statement invalid. It holds no scientific weight and fails to meet the rigorous standards required for credible evidence. This is not valid, and it is no different from you or me making these assertions casually. Do you think science would use this as evidence? No.

Another crucial point I'd like to address is the sheer fallacy of claiming that the term "space" signifies or is synonymous with "parallel universes." None of the evidence presented supports such a claim. Let's analyze the excerpt from the "Original Story":

"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos.At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg.Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One.From itself, two beings the Original One did make.Time started to spin. Space began to expand.From itself again, three living things the Original One did make.The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be.The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be.The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep..."

Nowhere in this passage is there even a hint that the term "space" signifies parallel universes. Furthermore, it is important to note that these parallel universes also required the passage of time mentioned in the preceding sentence. Thus, to assert that isolated space alone could be synonymous with parallel universes is a glaring logical leap.

To be frank, I have no clue if there is any evidence supporting the notion that the entire multiverse was created simultaneously. If not, this assertion becomes utterly futile. This is due to the fact that the same blog claims that it is choices that give rise to parallel universes. Consequently, at the inception of the universe, there would not be potentially infinite choices being made by sentient beings on a universal scale.

Moreover, space exists within all parallel universes that commenced their expansion. Merely alluding to this fact by mentioning space does not transform the term "space" in isolation into a synonym for "parallel universes." The statement merely denotes that the space within these universes began to expand. It serves no substantial purpose.

Now let's delve into the assertion that states space refers to dimensions:

" Space is ever-expanding dimensions that infinitely expand "

This pertains to cardinal dimensions, spatial axes, not parallel dimensions. This is further substantiated in Legends Arceus, as indicated in the Pokédex entry
"This Pokémon is feared as a deity in Hisuian legend. The birth of Palkia was what caused the walls of our world to disappear, creating a sky that spans for infinity."

There is nothing here that supports the notion that space corresponds to parallel dimensions
Ahem, this particular section of the Pokédex will hold significance for us later on

Finally, I'd like to discuss what is undoubtedly the strongest point used as evidence. Strongest from the perspective of the blog, in this case. All the previous arguments serve solely to support the idea that this argument is relevant to the conversation when it truly isn't. The blog cites evidence of infinite space and infinite time in terms of size, and claims that this proves a quantity of infinite spacetimes. But, well, that's not quite right.

Occam's Razor states that, all else being equal, explanations with fewer entities or fewer kinds of entities are to be preferred over those with more.
To refute this, I just need an explanation that is less extraordinary and makes fewer assumptions than the one presented by the blog, as long as it satisfies the intended meaning of the statement.

The blog interprets that "there is an infinite quantity of universes, therefore, an infinite quantity of space, and an infinite quantity of time, fulfilling the assertion."
The problem is that "space" doesn't necessarily refer to the multiverse. And before you mention it, pointing out the evidence I responded to regarding space in the multiversal context doesn't work. I also provided, and the blog also presented, instances where the term "space" referred solely to the physical space of a single universe, such as the artist's citation or the Pokedex entry. It's not in the context that you want just because you want it.
I don't think a game developer would refer to the multiverse using the term "space" instead of simply saying "multiverse" or "multiple worlds."
Here's my simpler interpretation that aligns with the evidence of infinite velocity and also satisfies Masuda's citation:
"Every universe is infinite in size, and time will endure forever."

There you have it. The High 3-A interpretation is sufficient to satisfy the citation. It is simpler, less extraordinary, and doesn't contradict anything. A 2-B multiverse with each universe being infinite in size also fulfills the citation. Remember, it was the ACCEPTED blog that claimed that "infinities" have different sizes, so you can't assert that Masuda was referring to a larger infinity than the basic one commonly used by us.

TL;DR: The line of reasoning is flawed and lacks logical coherence. The blog attempts to establish a causal relationship between assertions about spatial infinity and the theory of multiple worlds without substantive evidence. The blog conflates separate concepts, commits logical fallacies, and distorts arguments. The quote from Lucian fails to provide evidence for the infinite multiverse as it refers to a single physical universe. The blog's reliance on an artist's reflection on life lacks credibility and scientific validity. The claim that "space" is synonymous with "parallel universes" lacks support. The assertion that space refers to dimensions pertains to cardinal dimensions, not parallel dimensions. Occam's Razor suggests simpler explanations should be preferred. The interpretation that every universe is infinitely sized and time will endure satisfies the evidence and is less extraordinary. It is important to consider the context in which the term "space" is used and not assume it refers solely to the multiverse.

CONCLUSION​

• All the 2-A of the Pokemon universe are downgraded to 2-B definitely. Or Likely 2-A is downgraded to Possibly 2-A

AGREE: @ImmortalDread
DISAGREE:
NEUTRAL: @ShionAH

Last edited:
If you read all these arguments, you realize that the point the original blog is trying to make is, every possibility makes a new universe, and since there is an infinite amount of space and time, and because Space means "parallel universe", there is an infinite amount of timelines.

This line of reasoning is deeply flawed and lacks logical coherence.

The blog in question erroneously attempts to establish a causal relationship between assertions about spatial infinity and the theory of multiple worlds, without any substantive basis for such a connection. It fails to recognize that these two concepts are separate and self-contained, devoid of any intrinsic interaction. By erroneously conflating the two, the blog commits a logical fallacy and distorts the integrity of the arguments presented.
Literally ******* so? Palkia's whole thing is to manipulate alternate dimensions. Why would "space" be restricted to just a single universe?
Another crucial point I'd like to address is the sheer fallacy of claiming that the term "space" signifies or is synonymous with "parallel universes." None of the evidence presented supports such a claim. Let's analyze the excerpt from the "Original Story":
You really cannot read lmao.

All the rest is just fluff which is debunked from just the two scans that I have quoted.

It says clearly that space is related to parallel dimensions/universes, and that it is such, with Palkia having domain over those.

You should go back at giving your horrible takes on Undertale, I am debunking this REAL SOON.
You didn't read the thing in 5 minutes. This SCREAMS spite and dishonesty.

"Ah! I won't consider what's been proposed in front of me, I'll ACTIVELY HUNT DOWN A REASON WHY IT'S WRONG",

This is not being a honest debater, Strym. This also seems to be an agenda. Your rating is being attacked! You need to protect it.

Also,
I'd like to ask you to keep an open mind, as I will be accepting a compromise of "possibly' if that comes to the debate. I am not also planning on stonewall, nor push this through your opinions, so there will not be a need to be hostile towards me, or the thread, as it's been done in good faith. I honestly believe that the evidence presented by the blog we use is misinterpreted

Careful with your tone, if your attitude is consistently toxic, I will report it again

Literally ******* so? Palkia's whole thing is to manipulate alternate dimensions. Why would "space" be restricted to just a single universe?
On today's episodes of "Things I never f*cking said"
You really cannot read lmao.

All the rest is just fluff which is debunked from just the two scans that I have quoted.

It says clearly that space is related to parallel dimensions/universes, and that it is such, with Palkia having domain over those.
This is beyond desperate. I wonder how fast your heartrate is right about now

Either make a proper debunk or I'm sleeping

Pokemon Supporters are acting childish again, they really said, "screw being open minded, I'll just mock the post and say our debate god will utterly debunk this terrible post!"

I really shouldn't give any attention to this bs.

On today's episodes of "Things I never f*cking said"
There you have it. The High 3-A interpretation is sufficient to satisfy the citation.
Yeah you really do.
This is beyond desperate. I wonder how fast your heartrate is right about now

Either make a proper debunk or I'm sleeping
Explain how I am wrong then, I am waiting.
Please don't or I'll downgrade UT back to Low 2-C.

Yeah you really do.
Strym olympic logical leaper, distorting points, and gaslighting the reader!

High 3-A is enough to satisfy quotes of Infinite Space and Infinite Time, I literally say 2-B, with each universe being High 3-A would also do it not two sentences after, read.
Explain how I am wrong then, I am waiting.
Refer to OP section where I debunk the very interpretation of this quote. Remember I'm quoting the blog when it says it's "ever-expanding dimensions", I don't agree with it.

High 3-A is enough to satisfy quotes of Infinite Space and Infinite Time, I literally say 2-B, with each universe being High 3-A would also do it not two sentences read.
Not really, as infinite time is something that exists across infinite universes, due to Dialga being the time of the whole multiverse, so Palkia too is the space of the whole multiverse.
Refer to OP section where I debunk the very interpretation of this quote. Remember I'm quoting the blog when it says it's "ever-expanding dimensions", I don't agree with it.
Out of context, "dimensional axis" can't become bigger.

Why would these statements, such as the Pokedex ones, be restricted to a single space-time it's talking about the creation of the Pokemon cosmology (hence why it mentions the birth of Palkia), which is known to have countless universes? If anything, it supports a full on 2-A rating

Disagree with the OP

Why would these statements, such as the Pokedex ones, be restricted to a single space-time it's talking about the creation of the Pokemon cosmology (hence why it mentions the birth of Palkia), which is known to have countless universes? If anything, it supports a full on 2-A rating
2-B

356666119_240043255483587_8183392396961880694_n.jpg

Not really, as infinite time is something that exists across infinite universes, due to Dialga being the time of the whole multiverse, so Palkia too is the space of the whole multiverse.

Out of context, "dimensional axis" can't become bigger.
You're just making factually incorrect claims with confidence.

"Infinity" has different sizes, time can be infinite in one single universe, either to accomodate an infinite universe, or that lasts for an infinite future. Dimensional axis can become bigger, you just made up a rule out of your butt.

Someone get @The_real_cal_howard too, it's getting real fun soon.
Stop the mocking, or these unnecessary comments, or go get them yourself.

@The_Yellow_Topaz @StrymULTRA

Second warning on a thread you both interact. Third time will net you on to the RVR. Either discuss in a civilize manner or just don't.
Strym is the common denominator in all his reports when it comes to toxicity.

Disagree with the OP
The statement about the artist is restricted to one space-time because it's a personal observation,

There isn't a single piece of evidence that the countless universes existed at the birth of Palkia or if they were created after all this. The pokedex entry is clearly speaking about ONE universe expanding into infinity, and naturally, all the universes created by the M.W.I follow suit.

"A sky that spans for infinity"

And countless has been used synonymously with infinite, as shown in Kukui's blog
"A sky".
"It's clearly talking about the countless universes".
Also this lines talks about a span that lasts for infinity too, so it doesn't even support 2-A, continuously growing is 2-B.

The statement about the artist is restricted to one space-time because it's a personal observation,

There isn't a single piece of evidence that the countless universes existed at the birth of Palkia or if they were created after all this. The pokedex entry is clearly speaking about ONE universe expanding into infinity, and naturally, all the universes created by the M.W.I follow suit.
A personal observation that I find to be very wrong, given that we know the birth of Palkia (along with the rest of the Creation Trio) was what formed the Pokemon cosmology, which well beyond a single universe
"A sky".
"It's clearly talking about the countless universes".
Also this lines talks about a span that lasts for infinity too, so it doesn't even support 2-A, continuously growing is 2-B.
Two things here:
  1. It's simple. "A sky" means the space that comprises the entire Pokemon cosmology.
  2. "Spans" doesn't mean continuously growing. The word refers to the full extent of something, or how far it reaches

"Infinity" has different sizes, time can be infinite in one single universe, either to accomodate an infinite universe, or that lasts for an infinite future. Dimensional axis can become bigger, you just made up a rule out of your butt.
So you're telling me that Dialga is infinitely bigger than Palkia despite both being equal lore-wise. Do you realize the illogical conclusion of your statements, right?
I mean, infinity / n = infinity, so...
You have literally ignored the whole of this counter ngl.

Like, bruh.
I'd very much argue for a flat-out 2-A rating ngl
A downgrade becoming an upgrade is definitely something ngl.
Then be an adult and don't respond to them, wait for staff to call him out and/or report him. You are not a saint here. You've been warned.
Give your opinion at least plzzz.

So you're telling me that Dialga is infinitely bigger than Palkia despite both being equal lore-wise. Do you realize the illogical conclusion of your statements, right?
I mean, Dialga would end up being infinitely bigger than Palkia even with the 2-A interpretation, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back