• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a problem with that actually, ultra space being infinite relies on there being infinite universes to begin with

it should still be "countless 3-A" due to countless universes being the minimun, but still
yeah just do what this guy said

Ain't Ultra Space a universe? It'd be Infinite with the "Infinite Space" Palkia statement
This has me thinking, does each new cartridge/alternate timeline of the pokemon verse all hae their own ultra space? or do they link to each other? probably not the thread of this but it relates to the topic so I thought i would ask

This is not an excuse for using the thread for your derailments and off-topics.

I agree that the poem is not evidence. It’s extremely flowery and I’m not going to entertain the idea that sky can equal space/miltiverse. That’s just absurd.

However, OP needs to prove that when the word dimension is used, they mean axes dimensions and not different spaces. You have not done that.

Also Junichi’s statement of infinite space and time, matched with the statement from cartridges is enough for a possibly. And all the other things can push it up to a likely.

So I disagree, if pokemon would get a 2-A downgrade, these are not the right arguments.

Reminding that you need to wait two days before reaching a conclusion, the disagreeing side was OVERWHELMINGLY faster to respond than any potential agreeing side, so don't think about closing this instantly.
I respectfully state that the rule is applicable solely to agreements. Nevertheless, in cases where two staff members with evaluation rights hold conflicting opinions, the closure of the thread can be contingent upon the specific eventualities.

gonna have to agree on the sky thing being exxagerated, it sounds like a case of assuming two distinct characters have the exact and specific definition of a word for different contexts, at best this can make the universe infinite in size if it wasn't before

@CloverDragon03

Could you kindly explain the connection between the sky and space (or how they are equivalent)? I recall reading about it before, possibly on Executor_N0's blog, but I'm unable to recall the specific details or locate the exact source.

Not him but i believe the statement comes from a book in the canalave library, where someone sees an infinite amount of stars
@CloverDragon03

Could you kindly explain the connection between the sky and space (or how they are equivalent)? I recall reading about it before, possibly on Executor_N0's blog, but I'm unable to recall the specific details or locate the exact source.

@CloverDragon03

In fairness, I'm not the world's most knowledgeable Pokemon guy, but what I do know is Palkia's Pokedex entry from Legends: Arceus, which states:
"This Pokémon is feared as a deity in Hisuian legend. The birth of Palkia was what caused the walls of our world to disappear, creating a sky that spans for infinity."

We already know that Palkia controls all of space and that it created all of space, indicating with this wording that "sky" and "space" are synonymous terms in this context

In fairness, I'm not the world's most knowledgeable Pokemon guy, but what I do know is Palkia's Pokedex entry from Legends: Arceus, which states:
"This Pokémon is feared as a deity in Hisuian legend. The birth of Palkia was what caused the walls of our world to disappear, creating a sky that spans for infinity."

We already know that Palkia controls all of space and that it created all of space, indicating with this wording that "sky" and "space" are synonymous terms in this context
the issue i have is that this assumes whoever wrote this poem, who was looking at the night sky for it mind you, has the exact same definition of sky than professor laveton, who wrote the pokedex entry

one is a reflection of life looking at the night sky that we can only see a star 16k light years away with our naked eye IIRC, and the other is a scientific description of a deity

this kinda implies that anyone talking about the sky is forced to be using this definition as the standard instead of needing to specify that they are talking about the fabric of space instead of the thing we just need to look up to watch during the night

Thank you for the explanation.

I am a bit late for the party, but I disagree with this CRT too. Most of the important things were already said by other supporters, so I will just say that, in regards to the argument of the word "endless" that I briefly read, we do accept that "endless" can mean "infinite" if the context supports it, and given all the other evidences I do think that "infinite" would be consistent with the potrayal of the verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back