• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently, they're changing Namor up a bit in Black Panther 2. Something about Mayan culture?
I was just about to ask aboht this because I forgot to bring it up earlier but seriously what the **** Hopefully the rumors aren't true, that said did yall hear about what's going with Namor in the MCU

Here's the quote btw:

"The character will not originate in Atlantis, as in the comics, but in the Central American region and will come from a historic and submerged city of Mexican culture. Also, he will be the son of a human with a queen of the submerged people - Tenoch Huertawill play the character who will also be accompanied by a royal guard. The change must occur so that the public does not confuse Namor so much with Aquaman, a character who has an almost identical origin in the comics - he is half-human, half-Atlantean and rules Atlantis. Having two characters from the same background would complicate the audience's understanding."

Here it is I suppose it's not the most egregious thing but it's kinda silly he's no longer an atlantian and is just of the "submerged people" lol but the fact they're doing it because they don't believe general audiences can have the know how to differentiate between him and aquaman is wild

I was thinking the calc could improve his magic AP, not his physical strength AP.
Yeah that makes sense, the physical scaling was just a joke
Speaking of shockwaves didn't Calcium or whatever his name is cause a shockwavw in the 1st Doctor Strange movie, that could yield something

Here's the quote btw:

"The character will not originate in Atlantis, as in the comics, but in the Central American region and will come from a historic and submerged city of Mexican culture. Also, he will be the son of a human with a queen of the submerged people - Tenoch Huertawill play the character who will also be accompanied by a royal guard. The change must occur so that the public does not confuse Namor so much with Aquaman, a character who has an almost identical origin in the comics - he is half-human, half-Atlantean and rules Atlantis. Having two characters from the same background would complicate the audience's understanding."

Here it is I suppose it's not the most egregious thing but it's kinda silly he's no longer an atlantian and is just of the "submerged people" lol but the fact they're doing it because they don't believe general audiences can have the know how to differentiate between him and aquaman is wild

How is this origin any better different lol. Besides wasn’t namor made before aquaman?

I don't think whoever came first matters here, the point is they're both similar so i guess Namor needs to have his backstory changed (which is stupid)
True but I’m just saying people are gonna calm him an aquaman ripoff regardless. Besides his og origins only real semblance to Aquaman is that his half atlantian or whatever. Other then that namor just chills out in Atlantis and fight’s nazi’s in ww2 with cap and the og torch

Here's the quote btw:

Mike_Wazowski-Sulley_Face_Swap.jpg

[The character will not originate in Atlantis, as in the comics, but in the Central American region and will come from a historic and submerged city of Mexican culture. Also, he will be the son of a human with a queen of the submerged people - Tenoch Huertawill play the character who will also be accompanied by a royal guard. The change must occur so that the public does not confuse Namor so much with Aquaman, a character who has an almost identical origin in the comics - he is half-human, half-Atlantean and rules Atlantis. Having two characters from the same background would complicate the audience's understanding."
Disney out here, keep making the worst decision on phase 4

Disney on the future be like: "So uhh, since Human Torch kinda have the same power, which is being on fire, as that flaming motorbike dude name Ghost Pepper or something, we decided to change his power to just heat related! What a great idea, right guys?"

I mean, Meso-American Culture are way cooler than Atlantean Culture and we know that this trope has been overused a lot
Whenever it going to be a bad way or good way i don't care, at least Meso-America culture get more representation
How so? Kinda sorta not really, in comics yes, in movies and stuff not really from my knowledge. Eh, it would have been better to get an og meso American character then to change a pre existing character

You are all forgetting they already changed Ms. Marvel's powers because Reed has similar powers. They better f***ing not change Namor as well though

that's litterally closer to Aquaman backstory tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back