• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of feats and abilities, the movie has some pretty nice stuff but not the spectacular displays of powers we expected and should have had for such an important moment.

Strange displays advanced summoning similar to Strange Supreme like summoning hands, heads and dragons to grab and attack and creates green fire against Gargantos. At one point, he controls the body of a guy played by Bruce Campbell to force him to hit himself and kind of curses him to continue for three weeks. He has a brief duel with Sinister Strange where he gets shot by energy and then literally takes musical notes from some pages and instruments and uses them as projectiles and balls of energy. Other than that, lighting up candles and small things like this and a pretty big stuff I will speak about below, nothing memorable.

Wanda gets some stuff to. She ccasually creates a new hex thanks to the Darkhold and is shown to be able to summon it at will like Agatha could. She attacks Kamar-taj to get America, single-handly destroys it and kills the majority of sorcerers. At one point, she gets trapped into a magical room with mirrors but starts using reflections from mirrors, water and other stuff to attack from a distance and disintegrates Strange's Sling Ring while not in the same room. She has the ability to acquire the power of other beings, wich she wants to use to steal America multiversal portal creation wich would kill Athe girl. About that, Strange never attempts to do it but is stated and confirmed to be able to do the same. he even knows how to control America's own power to force her to use it and can make her open portals to specific locations. Her psychic powers are also shown to be able to affect sorcerers who don't totally resist. Also, it's revealed she has been enchanting monsters like Gargantos with runes to hunt down America across the multiverse.

The big thing is called Dreamwalking, a spell from the Darkhold that one can use to possess a variant of themselves across the multiverse for a time. Wanda does it to a version of herself who has her children and shes uses that vessel to chase Strange and America and attack the Illuminatis. Strange later uses this as well on Defender Strange, reanimating his corpse to possess it. Damned souls try to attack him to punish him for this act but he overpowers and subdues him, can merge them into a large cape, uses them to absorb shots from Wanda and can also command the spirits to attack.

For more minor characters, America learns to control her portals at the end of the movie and can channel their energy to physically attack her foes. She hits Wanda several times with that but Wanda handles it and easily subdues her after that. Wong is shown to create lassos of energy and at one point traps Wanda within a sphere of magical energy. Defender Strange freezes a large monster pursuing him and America at the beginning of the movie. Sinister Strange uses the same musical notes trick than Sacred Strange and the only notable thing about him is that his Magic manifests with purple energy.

Just below Wanda Vision for me.

Feats : Nothing much to add other than an actual speed feat from Layla who reacted to gun shots in a close range.

Abilities : Moon Knight : Flight and cloth manipulation needs to be added.
Layla : Gets about the abilities as moon knight.

Harrow : Flight, Energy Projection, Augmented Physical Statistics, Death Manipulation Via Soul Removal, Earth Manipulation ( Moved the rocks of the pyramid to enter the temple ), Summoning (Can summon Egyptian creatures), Likely others that are unseen against the other avatars of gods he slaughtered.

Khonshu : Possession, Avatar Creation, Cloth manipulation, Power Bestowal, Incorporeality, Spatial Manipulation, Size Manipulation, Light Manipulation and Everyother abilities of his Avatar.

Amid :Soul Manipulation and absorbtion, Death Manipulation Via Soul Consumption, Power Bestowal, Size Manipulation and everyother abilities of her avatar.

One Important point is that The Avatars gets as much powers and abilities as they can get if empowered by their god, It was shown clearly in this episode.
I disagree with Avatar Creation for Khonshu, it's clearly just empowering someone so Power Bestowal, I would also add Expert Combattant (Martial Arts) and Weapon Mastery, other than that I agree

Last edited:

Chosing someone to give them power is not creating an avatar, it's the literal definition of Power Bestowal.

Except it's different this case....plus the series literally calls it an avatar, it's what's needed for Khonshu to affect the real world....but I also understand where you are coming from but the series used Avatars.
He fights Ammit using his scepter so he uses it as a weapon
But not enough for weapon mastery, he barely did anything with the scepter, at least nothing better than you and I could do.

Y’all could at the very least label the spoilers…

anyways, my thoughts on Moon Knight. Kinda long.

Using Jake to skip the ass beating of Harrow was lazy and lame, but outside of that the episode was really enjoyable and I think they did a solid job of not rushing it too much.

The CGI of the gods was honestly super clean from beginning to the end. Makes me curious as to what the other gods would’ve looked like if they were shown. A part of me kinda hoped Layla would just knock over whatever statue she set her sights on so I could see what all the gods looked like.

The action scenes that we got were also pretty damn solid. Definitely some of my favorite choreography out of all the D+ series so far. Even the purely CGI combat had me hyped up (even though my beloved Khonshu was getting his shit rocked).

also can’t ignore how sick that end credit scene was. The way Khonshu just outwits the shit out of everyone with such badassery was pure art. All while fully dripped out too. The way Harrow/Amit had the audacity to mock Khonshu while he was speaking only to have their brains blasted out by Jake seconds later makes it even crazier.

Things I didn’t like:
  • Jake being used to skip Harrow’s defeat
  • Lack of follow up on tawaret knowing Layla’s father (may be explored later)
  • Taweret’s ceremonial armor’s design is a bit too similar to Cap (Sam Wilson) for my liking, especially for a hippo goddess.
  • Harrow being a psychologist in Marc/Steven/Jake’s dreams still not having been explained.
  • The other gods didn’t even note how they were 100% wrong about Khonshu putting Harrow on trial and imprisoned him for it.
  • Literally only two gods put in effort to stop ammit from pulling off mass death.
A few smaller issues with the finale but a mostly solid finish and a good series overall. Great CGI, good choreography and cinematography, great acting, makes up for its flaws. By no means a perfect series but a damn right solid one nonetheless.

9/10

1.) Moon Knight
2.) Hawkeye
3.) Loki
4.) WandaVision
5.) FATWS
6.) What If

Last edited:
I really liked the Choreography in this episode. I really hope they give Layla a spinoff show. Fighting other Egyptian Gods & protecting Egypt. She was extremely beautiful and attractive, especially in this recent Episode.

As far as episode count goes, I hope Marvel transitions from 6 episodes to 8 at least. Wandavision was 8 & iirc, She-Hulk is 8 but it should become the standard. One thing i’m noticing about these shows is that the stories they’re trying to tell are too big for only 6 episodes & we can feel the rushed feeling to a degree.

Also, I hate how Marvel CGI’s over practical suits. I think Diaab made a mistake showing the suit form in the tomb. It was heavy CG’d. From a Director’s pov, I wouldn’t have showed that specific scene if CG wasn’t up to snuff.

Also, Kevin isn’t “heavily” involved with the shows, is he? Iirc, he appointed one of the Marvel Execs under him to “oversee” the shows.

Also, I hate how Marvel CGI’s over practical suits. I think Diaab made a mistake showing the suit form in the tomb. It was heavy CG’d. From a Director’s pov, I wouldn’t have showed that specific scene if CG wasn’t up to snuff.
"Obviously, on any Marvel show, there’s the CGI, but we still wanted to make sure that it was functional so that it could stretch, they could do all the moves they needed to do, and they could breathe with the masks on and all of that."

Suit's real.

I never said it wasn’t. I said I hate how they CGI “Over” the Practical Suits. Example: Spiderman. They have a real suit that TH wears and it looks amazing, but they Replace it with CGI in editing instead of just doing simple touch-ups.
In certain scenes, when Oscar has the mask off, they don’t CGI over it but in most shots it is replaced with CG and its noticeable.

In some other scenes, they even fully replace Steven’s suit. My issue isn’t that there is no suit, because there is a suit. My issue is that they make the suit redundant by using CGI over it.

Spider-Man is completely different because of the movements and interations he does. Sometimes Tom Holland isn't even there, it's a CGI model, a complete CGI model.

The CGI is only noticeable because it's below average by Marvel standards and it's not only the suits, you could clearly see there was a green screen behind them. Sometimes Marvel's scenarios are so well made you have no idea what's CGI and what's real. Though I agree with you that they use lots of CGI when they could've used practical stuff, like for example The Batman where even that scene where he flies the only thing that is CGI is the background, scenarios are practical, no CGI during the water part, etc.

In some other scenes, they even fully replace Steven’s suit. My issue isn’t that there is no suit, because there is a suit. My issue is that they make the suit redundant by using CGI over it.
Ya know they don't have actual superhumans on deck so.they have to use CGI at times over suits whether it be touch ups or to get some kinda effect you can't possibly do working from a 100% practical standpoint and besides what you're complaining and saying they should do is exactly what they're doing using practical suit and doing simple touch ups or edits to make it look good or flow better for scenes

Hopefully though the next spidey movie doesn't do too much with the suit CG and allows it to have wrinkles and such

They have a lot to explain and work in this second season. Marc and Steven are friends and share the body, cool, but now Jake has accepted Konshu again and the 3 are gonna have lots of trouble with this.

Can't wait for it.

Pretty much the best Marvel D+ show (in terms of overall consistency and quality) the finale was a bit rushed, which unfortunately is the norm these days with Marvel D+ shows (It's kinda annoying seeing the same formula of; "multiple plot threads having to be resolved in a less than one hour long finale plus the boss battle/confrontation topped off with the mandatory mid/post credit scene" being reused ad nauseam).

High points:

*I'm glad Armmit wasn't just some soul eating monster (I mean she still is tho) and has actual intelligence, "grace" and reasoning to her methods while still being intimidating.

*Always a pleasure to see family kick butt together, in this case husband(s?) and wife not to mention the creative usage of the characters moveset (I especially liked Mr Knight throwing his tonfa and then when it gets deflected back to him the camera cuts to Moon Knight catching it).

*I really liked seeing Marc and Steven standing up to Khonshu ofc the bird gets the last laugh in the end lol!

*That mid credits scene was just too much, at least Harrow/Armmit died seeing the best drip they've ever seen (and them some) also Jake has zero chill whatsoever.

Feats:

*Aside from what was mentioned by the others, it should be noted the Egyptian deities can interact with each other and even destroy the environment around them while still being invisible to most also I was kinda surprised just how common soul manipulation was in MK ("Your soul is mine" wait wrong franchise).

Hopes for the future:

*Obviously a S2 or even a straight up movie.

*More details about how Jake came to be and how he avoided detection from the others.

*Introduce the other major Egyptian deities like Ra as well as a Bast cameo perhaps? (We're already getting Zeus in Love and Thunder might as well bring another Skyfather into the MCU) Also is Anubis sealed too? I'll doubt he'll be too happy about what happened.

Overall I'll give Moon Knight a 8.5/10.

For reference imo:

WandaVision 7.5/10
Loki 8/10
FATWS 7/10
What if...? 8/10
Hawkeye 6/10

Who knows my ratings my change with retrospect and rewatching?

So a bunch of people in Cairo got killed and then their souls eaten plus there's still the remnants of a crocodile cult out there, are we just going to ignore that or...?
Bast will be in Love & Thunder, probably to get offed by Gorr

So wich abilities must I add to the Khonshu blog?
Probably should remove Resurrection from his profile because in Marc flashback, Khonshu only healed him in the brink of death and it become more clear in this episode that when Marc completely died, Khonshu can't do anything and retort to offering Layla to become his avatar and to just fighting Ammit alone when Layla refused.

Probably should remove Resurrection from his profile because in Marc flashback, Khonshu only healed him in the brink of death and it become more clear in this episode that when Marc completely died, Khonshu can't do anything and retort to offering Layla to become his avatar and to just fighting Ammit alone when Layla refused.
So he loses Resurrection and gets Healing

So he loses Resurrection and gets Healing
Which Type of Healing does Khonshu/Healing Armor fit best?

• Healing medium and heavy injuries - Allows user to completely or almost completely heal serious injuries, from which the body can not recover on its own for a long time (months or years). This type might also include partial regeneration of organs and body parts.

• Healing fatal injury - Allows user to heal wounds which are fatal to an average person. Very advanced healers can heal such wounds very quickly, and in some cases, completely regenerate organs and other body parts

Which Type of Healing does Khonshu/Healing Armor fit best?

• Healing medium and heavy injuries - Allows user to completely or almost completely heal serious injuries, from which the body can not recover on its own for a long time (months or years). This type might also include partial regeneration of organs and body parts.

• Healing fatal injury - Allows user to heal wounds which are fatal to an average person. Very advanced healers can heal such wounds very quickly, and in some cases, completely regenerate organs and other body parts
Second type for both Khonshu and the armor I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back