• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching Moon Knight episode 6. It was fast paced but didn't feel too rushed overall, despite the shorter runtime.

I'm definitely looking forward to how the profiles for the series will turn out. Moon Knight, Layla, Harrow, Khonshu, and Ammit should all warrant profiles at least.

There's plenty of feats throughout the episode that might be worth calcing.

With how the mid-credit scene went, I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a second season announced in the near future.

Last edited:
My honest review for episode 6 of Moon Knight:
This episode is so fast paced and probably a little rush for my taste, but I don't really mind it as much as Wandavision finale and FATWS finale tho. My complain about the episode is I wish they didn't off screen the defeat of Harrow, I know he's defeated by Jake and Marvel need to keep that secret for the plot twist at mid credit scene but I still think that Harrow deserves to get beaten live so that the audience can see it since he's the main antagonist of this show, or a better option is we could see it from Layla POV about how "Marc" seem to be brutal and overpowered after he got impaled by Harrow and thus add it to the mystery of the third alter. Oh and also the Enneads are so ******* weak for some reason, they went from able to restraint Marc/Khonshu easily and sealed Khonshu entirely to got beaten by guy with a cane and bunch of his human henchmen off screen? Bruh moment. Overall I'll give this episode 8/10 and the whole show 9,5/10, it's definitely my favorite D+ show yet beating Wandavision.

My Disney+ Marvel show ranking so far:

1. Moon Knight | 9,5/10
  2. Wandavison | 9,0/10
  3. Loki | 8,7/10
  4. What If...? | 8,0/10
  5. FATWS | 7,3/10
  6. Hawkeye | haven't watched it yet lol

Mine is (with a heavy street level bias)

1. Moon Knight
2. Falcon and the Winter Soldier
3. Hawkeye
4. Loki
5. WandaVision
6. What If...?

That being said they're all kinda close together, all of them are sort of a mixed bag that I like but don't love.

Daredevil is still clear

In terms of finales

1. Hawkeye (there were disappointing elements but at least an entire hour let them breathe)
2. Loki (underwhelming for some but I liked that they did something unique)
3. Moon Knight
4. Falcon and the Winter Soldier
5. What If...?
6. WandaVision

Oh man, he's so sexy and dapper
FR541lMagAA7JRo

I gotta say, moon knight is probably the best D+ show yet. But saying that, the final while decent was still slightly rushed and still has some holes in it. Like I get the gods don’t really vibe with humanity anymore but they clearly don’t want ammit out, so why didn’t they come out to gang up on her with the old bird? Also harrows defeat was a bit underwhelming, like the action was cool but jake running his fade off screen was kinda cool but agian underwhelming for the main villain.Also it kinda sucks that ammit is just dead(cuz she was hawt!) it would have been cool to keep that ideology battle between her and the bird. But putting that all aside it was still pretty good

I gotta say initially I was a bit underwhelmed by the last episode but after giving it some time to sit I've actually turned around on it and I like it a lot now, along with the whole show. Definitely the most consistent D+ show so far too.

My ranking of all the Disney+ MCU shows up to now goes like this

1. Moon Knight
2. Loki
3. Falcon & Winter Soldier
4. Wandavision
5. Hawkeye
6. What If..?

These shows are still yet to reach Daredevils level but hopefully they'll get there someday

Last edited:
Btw a bit of a random essay but FATWS finale wasn't that bad imo, it had its fun elements. The problems with it were mostly with the entire series as a whole and at that point the writers have already wrote themselves into a corner (such as the Flag Smashers and Sharon). So I wouldn't say it's the finale that ruined the show as it was impossible for them to resolve them by that point.

Anyway other than the unsolvable issues of Flag Smashers and Sharon that would require restructuring the entire series, I think it could have been made better with just minor tweaks

John Walker suddenly being good was a bit weird I'd agree but he should not be shown as a complete villain either. A small change I personally would make is for him to catch the car, showing he has a heroic side to him, but then see the Flag Smasher coming, flashbacks to Lamar's death and drops the car to go for the Flag Smasher.

Sam's "you've got to do better" line did sound really cringe in hindsight but it isn't complete nonsense since I think what the writers were trying to convey that in such complex socio-economic situations there isn't really a great solution and everybody should be more compassionate with each other's situations outside the law. A small change to "we've got to do better" would have sounded less condescending in my opinion.

Watched episode 6, honestly really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better D+ finales.

If I where to rank the D+ shows it would probably be:

1) WandaVision
2) Moon Kight
3) Hawkeye
4) Loki
5) What If…
6) Falcon and Winter Solider

Watched episode 6, honestly really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better D+ finales.

If I where to rank the D+ shows it would probably be:

1) WandaVision
2) Moon Kight
3) Hawkeye
4) Loki
5) What If…
6) Falcon and Winter Solider
Wanda simp spotted

Just seen the last episode of moon knight

So Moony can fly now basically, and he scales to Harrow who threw him to a concrete wall. Dodged Harrow's staff beams (How fast is it really?). And also, this always wondered me since episode 1, whenever Marc/Steven suddenly black out, the scenarios turn out the opposite than the bad scenario. What form of time manipulation is it? But a nice finale after all.

Last edited:
Pretty much the best Marvel D+ show (in terms of overall consistency and quality) the finale was a bit rushed, which unfortunately is the norm these days with Marvel D+ shows (It's kinda annoying seeing the same formula of; "multiple plot threads having to be resolved in a less than one hour long finale plus the boss battle/confrontation topped off with the mandatory mid/post credit scene" being reused ad nauseam).

High points:

*I'm glad Armmit wasn't just some soul eating monster (I mean she still is tho) and has actual intelligence, "grace" and reasoning to her methods while still being intimidating.

*Always a pleasure to see family kick butt together, in this case husband(s?) and wife not to mention the creative usage of the characters moveset (I especially liked Mr Knight throwing his tonfa and then when it gets deflected back to him the camera cuts to Moon Knight catching it).

*I really liked seeing Marc and Steven standing up to Khonshu ofc the bird gets the last laugh in the end lol!

*That mid credits scene was just too much, at least Harrow/Armmit died seeing the best drip they've ever seen (and them some) also Jake has zero chill whatsoever.

Feats:

*Aside from what was mentioned by the others, it should be noted the Egyptian deities can interact with each other and even destroy the environment around them while still being invisible to most also I was kinda surprised just how common soul manipulation was in MK ("Your soul is mine" wait wrong franchise).

Hopes for the future:

*Obviously a S2 or even a straight up movie.

*More details about how Jake came to be and how he avoided detection from the others.

*Introduce the other major Egyptian deities like Ra as well as a Bast cameo perhaps? (We're already getting Zeus in Love and Thunder might as well bring another Skyfather into the MCU) Also is Anubis sealed too? I'll doubt he'll be too happy about what happened.

Overall I'll give Moon Knight a 8.5/10.

For reference imo:

WandaVision 7.5/10
Loki 8/10
FATWS 7/10
What if...? 8/10
Hawkeye 6/10

Who knows my ratings my change with retrospect and rewatching?

So a bunch of people in Cairo got killed and then their souls eaten plus there's still the remnants of a crocodile cult out there, are we just going to ignore that or...?

Last edited:
Just below Wanda Vision for me.

Feats : Nothing much to add other than an actual speed feat from Layla who reacted to gun shots in a close range.

Abilities : Moon Knight : Flight and cloth manipulation needs to be added.
Layla : Gets about the abilities as moon knight.

Harrow : Flight, Energy Projection, Augmented Physical Statistics, Death Manipulation Via Soul Removal, Earth Manipulation ( Moved the rocks of the pyramid to enter the temple ), Summoning (Can summon Egyptian creatures), Likely others that are unseen against the other avatars of gods he slaughtered.

Khonshu : Possession, Avatar Creation, Cloth manipulation, Power Bestowal, Incorporeality, Spatial Manipulation, Size Manipulation, Light Manipulation and Everyother abilities of his Avatar.

Amid :Soul Manipulation and absorbtion, Death Manipulation Via Soul Consumption, Power Bestowal, Size Manipulation and everyother abilities of her avatar.

One Important point is that The Avatars gets as much powers and abilities as they can get if empowered by their god, It was shown clearly in this episode.

Just came back from Multiverse of Madness

In my opinion, the movie was meh. Disappointing even to a degree

On the good side, the actors are great as always. Wanda is the star of the movie and is really imposing, even outright terrifying at many moments, she nails it as the Scarlet Witch and she's an excellent antagonist (there's literally a scene where she crawls out of a gong a la Grudge). The visuals are great and very eerie in many cases, especially the Sinister Strange universe. Raimi clearly put his style in this movie and this is very refreshing, there are several genuinely horror-like scenes and even some gore. America Chavez is well-done, enjoyable, her star-shaped portals are quite good-looking and she's not way too competent in a Mary Sue way nor too weak to the point of becoming a stupid burden. There are also many funny moments and jokes.

On the bad side, the editing is sometimes extremely bad, especially at the beginning. The Illuminati are absolutely wasted. Unlike No Way Home where the other Spider-Men were well-integrated in the story, here they're all basically Sandman. Black Bolt (played by the same guy from the series) dies in a funny way but Captain Carter is ridiculous and Mister Fantastic is as well. They're all killed very easily by Wanda. Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel puts her in some difficulties but it only lasts some seconds and she gets crushed by a statue. No really, that's Captain Marvel's death here, Wanda makes a statue fall on her and she dies from it. Charles Xavier is also underutilized and dies too quickly, although his death is quite brutal. The Strange Variants are barely exploited to, Defender Strange is alive for five minutes at the beginning then dies and same for Sinister Strange. Most importantly, the film doesn't feel important. I mean, this was supposed to be THE great moment of the MCU after Endgame, with multiple medias pointing at it as the next big thing but it simply feels like a filler episode. There's no woah moment, except for the very brief second where we see the Living Tribunal and there's no exceptional display of power nor great long duel between Strange and Wanda. Cthon is mentionned as the creator of the Darkhold but unlike what you can expect, he's not trying to corrupt Wanda to open a path to the Multiverse so he can invade it, he's just name-dropped. Gigantic missed opportunity to inrtoduce one of the most powerful and malevolent beings in Marvel. You can also forget Blade, Ghost Rider and several other cameos, including in the post-credit scenes. And last but not least, no Tom Cruise as Superior Iron Man. Despite EVERYTHING pointing at him.

Just came back from Multiverse of Madness

In my opinion, the movie was meh. Disappointing even to a degree

On the good side, the actors are great as always. Wanda is the star of the movie and is really imposing, even outright terrifying at many moments, she nails it as the Scarlet Witch and she's an excellent antagonist (there's literally a scene where she crawls out of a gong a la Grudge). The visuals are great and very eerie in many cases, especially the Sinister Strange universe. Raimi clearly put his style in this movie and this is very refreshing, there are several genuinely horror-like scenes and even some gore. America Chavez is well-done, enjoyable, her star-shaped portals are quite good-looking and she's not way too competent in a Mary Sue way nor too weak to the point of becoming a stupid burden. There are also many funny moments and jokes.

On the bad side, the editing is sometimes extremely bad, especially at the beginning. The Illuminati are absolutely wasted. Unlike No Way Home where the other Spider-Men were well-integrated in the story, here they're all basically Sandman. Black Bolt (played by the same guy from the series) dies in a funny way but Captain Carter is ridiculous and Mister Fantastic is as well. They're all killed very easily by Wanda. Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel puts her in some difficulties but it only lasts some seconds and she gets crushed by a statue. No really, that's Captain Marvel's death here, Wanda makes a statue fall on her and she dies from it. Charles Xavier is also underutilized and dies too quickly, although his death is quite brutal. The Strange Variants are barely exploited to, Defender Strange is alive for five minutes at the beginning then dies and same for Sinister Strange. Most importantly, the film doesn't feel important. I mean, this was supposed to be THE great moment of the MCU after Endgame, with multiple medias pointing at it as the next big thing but it simply feels like a filler episode. There's no woah moment, except for the very brief second where we see the Living Tribunal and there's no exceptional display of power nor great long duel between Strange and Wanda. Cthon is mentionned as the creator of the Darkhold but unlike what you can expect, he's not trying to corrupt Wanda to open a path to the Multiverse so he can invade it, he's just name-dropped. Gigantic missed opportunity to inrtoduce one of the most powerful and malevolent beings in Marvel. You can also forget Blade, Ghost Rider and several other cameos, including in the post-credit scenes. And last but not least, no Tom Cruise as Superior Iron Man. Despite EVERYTHING pointing at him.
Blame for all the fans blindly following the false rumoe about Supperior Ironman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back