• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
Here is the fight.

Her page currently says this:
Large Mountain level+ (Casually put an injured Thanos in a headlock. Able to momentarily stagger Thanos by surprise), Island level with Energy Absorption (After absorbing energy from the Infinity Stones, she was able to briefly overpower Thanos, forcing him to use the Power Stone to break off from her)

This explanation doesn't take into account how she was blatantly portrayed as being stronger than base Thanos in the above little fight. Thanos was only caught by surprise when she landed the first kick and punch. He quickly regained control, got up on his feets and and started swinging his arms at Carol, but Carol dodged. While she was able to hit him with clean blows that pushed him back and hurt him, evident by his grunts. Thanos then used her momentum and his lifting strength to pick her up and swing her away, after which she comes back for Thanos to finally land a clean headbutt, something she is totally tanks. And as the little fight draws to its conclusion, when she has a firm grip on Thanos' hand, she has him on his knees with just one hand, her other hand ready to land a serious blow on his face, noticing which Thanos used the power stone.

Nowhere in that scene is she absorbing energy from the stones. When she does, the stones actually glow, which they don't in the above scene and literally nothing in that scene hints at her absorbing any energy.

She should scale above base Thanos as she is blatantly shown to be stronger than him throughout the fight. Her current description just doesn't make sense. The part about injured Thanos shouldn't even be there since he was weak. The second part is incomplete and only takes into account her first kick she landed on Thanos. The last part about absorbing energy from the stones is false.

Last edited:
I know there was recently a CRT thread made about Captain Marvel and Thanos scaling, but I can’t find it, due to them not linking it to her history for the changes and having trouble searching it up through tags, as if they didn’t tag the thread.

From the previous thread:
The first round she gets tossed aside easily.
Ignoring context. How is she tossed aside? Carol doesn't weigh much while Thanos is a big guy. Carol went for the punch, Thanos got out of the way, grabbed her hand, used the same momentum to pick her up and fling her away, while she wasn't using her flight. For a big guy to pick up a small woman is no big deal, this is just lifting strength at work.

Second round she comes back after Thanos puts on the gauntlet, and thus starts experiencing that 5 gigatons, and starts to overpower him.
The strain he felt from the gantlet was already over by the time Carol stopped him from using the gauntlet. The strain going away is also visually shown to us when the power surge stops and Thanos becomes comfortable, not screaming in pain.

What's more, this isn't the same peak Thanos that fought Thor, Cap, and Iron Man at the same time. This is post Scarlet Witch almost crushing him to death. In other words, the Thanos she fought towards the end was an injured, and potentially tired, Thanos.
He was not seriously injured, there were no signs of any substantial injury visible on him, neither was he visibly tired. Sure, he must have been a bit hurt and tired after fighting Wanda, but nothing proves that he got so much weaker than his usual strength.

Furthermore, she never really does any damage, only over powering him in terms of pushing him down.
Just because the damage isn't visible doesn't mean he did not get hurt. Punches are blunt force, they would not necessarily make someone bleed. It's not like Carol is THAT much stronger than him. He was clearly being pushed back with his head taking serious blows and him grunting. Moreover, when Thanos tried to hit her, she didn't even flinch. One gets punched hard, rocked back, staggered, grunting, and the other doesn't even flinch after taking a straight headbutt. The portrayal of who is stronger couldn't get any clearer than that. And she finally overpowered him and got him on his knees. If it weren't for the power stone, the victor in that fight was clearly Carol.

when Captain Marvel grapples the Nano Gauntlet wearing Thanos. Her aura starts to flare up, while the Infinity Stones stop glowing and the power stops flowing into Thanos. Thus I'm proposing that she starts to absorb the energy and get stronger. Supporting evidence is that she doesn't really put a fight before she gets her hands on the gauntlet.
This is literally headcanon. Her aura always flares like that whenever she powers up. It was flaring like that during most of the fight. There was no visible transfer of energy taking place from the stones to her, otherwise the stones would have glowed like it did in her own movie and we would see something. The stones were not glowing because Thanos wasn't able to use them either, they glow when they are used, which is either when he snaps or closes his fist. The "power" that stops flowing to Thanos is literally the visual representation of the temporary strain that he feels whenever he puts it on. This happened in Infinity War too. It subsides by itself in a matter of a seconds, which is what happened here too, in conjunction with Carol stopping him from using the stones.

Cool, so they flat out lied to fit their downgrade. Awesome.
First of all, I do not appreciate this at all.

(Not really sure how to separate quotes)
1) Not really ignoring context, I was saying what happened in that scene. She lands a few punches then gets tossed aside.
2) He still would have been injured by the gauntlet, as we see with Hulk earlier in the film.
3) He was fairly injured by this point. He had taken a beaten from Cap with hammer and Wanda, both of these two damaged also broke his armor and/or sword and he had put on the gauntlet.
4) We see other characters do just as well against Thanos, but still only have the High 7-A rating. Namely Hulk and Iron Man. We also see an injured Thor stagger him at the beginning of Infinity War with a sneak attack.
5) I'm really saying how it's kind of inconsistent with how she doesn't do much to him, comes back and is overpowering him suddenly. Also, the stones have a rather passive glow about them, but when Danvers grabs the gauntlet this glow stops. I suppose saying her aura flared up wasn't the best choice of words, what I should have said was it grew more intense.

Agree. Captain Marvel was strong enough to prevent Thanos from closing his hand and took a headbutt blank range and was unharmed. The same Thanos who was strong enough to throw his sword faster than she could fly.

He still would have been injured by the gauntlet, as we see with Hulk earlier in the film.
Hulk is not Thanos. Thanos does not get injured simply by putting on the gauntlet. The effect subsides within seconds, as we also saw in Infinity War.

We see other characters do just as well against Thanos, but still only have the High 7-A rating. Namely Hulk and Iron Man. We also see an injured Thor stagger him at the beginning of Infinity War with a sneak attack.
Hulk was quickly beaten up as soon as Thanos started fighting back, that isn't the same as this case. The other characters weren't as convincing in their performances against Thanos, they were capable of holding their own briefly, but not outright dominating him. And they have several feats much below that level, while this is Carol's only feat after her first movie. The comparison with other characters doesn't hold up.

I'm really saying how it's kind of inconsistent with how she doesn't do much to him, comes back and is overpowering him suddenly. Also, the stones have a rather passive glow about them, but when Danvers grabs the gauntlet this glow stops. I suppose saying her aura flared up wasn't the best choice of words, what I should have said was it grew more intense.
Again, there is no proof of any energy being transferred, the stones are always like that normally. Saying that she was absorbing energy is pure headcanon.

I think that somebody can probably apply this change then.

1) I was more using it as an example that it causes damage just by wearing it, not that Hulk is comparable to Thanos
2) Hulk's surprise attack really does as well against Thanos as Marvel does Captain Marvel's does. Once he regains himself he quickly dispatches both of them. If she really was that much more powerful than him he wouldn't have been able to throw her. Not to mention if she's 6-C for her display against him, then surely Iron Man should be as well since he was one of the only two characters to actually make Thanos bleed in Infinity War especially since Danvers didn't.
3) Again, this is incredibly inconsistent for her to be overpowered and then suddenly completely overpower him. Also just to clarify, what do you mean "the stones are always like that normally."

A few other things
I do agree her current description for High 7-A is not good, I proposed scaling to Awakened Thor for her Base, not to the beginning of Endgame Thanos.
Carol dodging is a speed/skill feat, not anything else.

Hit ctrl+enter by mistake wasn't done
She lands a kick, punch, then two energy blasts which only stagger him. All of these were in quick succession. He then grabs her pauses and then spins around and throws her.
Captain Marvel had her aura on the entire first fight until she was thrown for some reason.
After he puts on the gauntlet she overpowers him by pushing him, which is honestly more of a Lifting feat.
When Thanos grabs the Power Stone it instantly starts glowing, as opposed to the other ones that have dimmed down. (Trying to figure out how to upload a photo, but I'm referring to around 0:32 in the linked video you posted.)
Yes, she doesn't have many other feats, but that really isn't reason to scale her to one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

I was more using it as an example that it causes damage just by wearing it, not that Hulk is comparable to Thanos
Not to Thanos, so irrelevant.

Hulk's surprise attack really does as well against Thanos as Marvel does Captain Marvel's does. Once he regains himself he quickly dispatches both of them. If she really was that much more powerful than him he wouldn't have been able to throw her. Not to mention if she's 6-C for her display against him, then surely Iron Man should be as well since he was one of the only two characters to actually make Thanos bleed in Infinity War especially since Danvers didn't.
I already addressed this point. Thanos beat Hulk easily. He did not do that to Carol. Him being able to throw Carol is already addressed, it's not AP. Iron Man has a sharp weapon iirc, punches on the other hand are blunt. Iron Man is not the topic of discussion here, he has too many other feats too. Carol has this one only.

Again, this is incredibly inconsistent for her to be overpowered and then suddenly completely overpower him.
Except you keep ignoring that she was not explicitly overpowered.

Yes, she doesn't have many other feats, but that really isn't reason to scale her to one of the most powerful beings in the universe.
She is one of the most powerful beings in the universe when it comes to strength so yea.

Not to Thanos, so irrelevant.

I already addressed this point. Thanos beat Hulk easily. He did not do that to Carol. Him being able to throw Carol is already addressed, it's not AP. Iron Man has a sharp weapon iirc, punches on the other hand are blunt. Iron Man is not the topic of discussion here, he has too many other feats too. Carol has this one only.

Except you keep ignoring that she was not explicitly overpowered.

She is one of the most powerful beings in the universe when it comes to strength so yea.
As much as I don't like her, I have to agree with AKM here.

Except it does cause damage by wearing it? We see Thanos in pain from wearing it.

Thanos still got knocked back a lot from Hulk's sneak attack is what I was pointing to. Also Thanos had to regain himself before he beat Hulk down. That is fair that it is LS not AP. While Iron Man does use a blade in Infinity War, the attack that makes Thanos bleed is a blunt weapon. I brought up Iron Man and the others more as an example of who she should scale to, and not that they should scale. Looking back phrasing was a bit off there.

She really was overpowered. She goes to punch, Thanos dodges, Thanos grabs her arm, pauses, and then throws her.

That is fair, she is considered one of the strongest people in the universe. I just honestly believe that her initial showing against Thanos doesn't warrant a full scaling to him, and she should downscale from him/scale to the other Avengers who could also stagger him with their attacks.

So is somebody willing to apply the results of AKM's evaluation of this?

Thank you. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back