• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Sanji Rematch 2

And although it scales above Sanji's AP value, because of his endurance, he should be able to survive this in time for his body to regenerate. We've seen Sanji take attacks to the brain, spine, and torso several times before that would have completely destroyed them, but he kept on going and fighting without issue, so I don't see why this would kill Sanji at all.
I don't see endurance helping much here when Zoro admits himself that his own endurance wouldn't have let him survive that attack without increasing his own durability with Buso.

As for Sanji's regeneration, the actual regeneration aspect of his exo-skeleton isn't fast enough to let him heal from the damage it will deal.

I don't see endurance helping much here when Zoro admits himself that his own endurance wouldn't have let him survive that attack without increasing his own durability with Buso.
I explained why above.
the actual regeneration aspect of his exo-skeleton isn't fast enough to let him heal from the damage it will deal
injuring the brain, the spine, and hollow organs such as the lungs, stomach, and intestines
Based on these studies, he should be able to regenerate from the damage.

Just realized he said Pre-Awakening Base Sanji is above Flame Off King, so I'm just gonna leave this match on the grounds of him either being a troll or incredibly illiterate Sanji wanker.
When will someone else comment here so I'm not getting jumped by idiotic Sanji wankers
You are definitely a Sanji wanker though you aren't an idiot so I suppose I should take that back.
You should stop insulting other members here. Consider this as a regular official warning.

You should stop insulting other members here. Consider this as a regular official warning.
Yeah I apologized for calling him an idiot, that was out of pocket honestly.
Even King's main wincon, self-destruction wouldn't do much.

The heat of the attack would be completely negated by Sanji's exoskeleton and the shocwave impact from the explosion wouldn't do anything either.

The way explosive shockwaves injure is by destroying and heavily injuring the brain, the spine, and hollow organs such as the lungs, stomach, and intestines.

And although it scales above Sanji's AP value, because of his endurance, he should be able to survive this in time for his body to regenerate. We've seen Sanji take attacks to the brain, spine, and torso several times before that would have completely destroyed them, but he kept on going and fighting without issue, so I don't see why this would kill Sanji at all.
Tbf if King can catch him with the fire before he can properly defend his organs/bones will get roasted which he probably can't regen from.

Sanji has higher heat scaling, so it wouldn't effect him.
Yes, but in order to activate that heat he needs to use his Exoskeleton and Armament.
I'm saying that if King activates the explosion and Sanji can't properly react then it's gonna deal heavy damage.

Yes, but in order to activate that heat he needs to use his Exoskeleton and Armament.
Sanji's exoskeleton heat resistance is more than enough to take the heat. I'm not sure why he'd need armament for that.

Why would Sanji not have his exoskeleton activated during the fight?

Sanji's exoskeleton heat resistance is more than enough to take the heat. I'm not sure why he'd need armament for that.

Why would Sanji not have his exoskeleton activated during the fight?
He needed his exoskeleton AND Armament just for Ifrit Jambe.
And iirc King's flames > DJ so if he only uses one of the 2 he's probably still gonna get charred.
Why wouldn't he????
I said "if"
It depends whether King is trying to blitz him in Flame-Off mode or something.

Honestly we can't assume Sanji's gonna activate his Exo or use Armament from the get go, so yeah my reasons are still kind of valid as he'll still be heavily damaged by the explosion if he doesn't use those in time.

Can we just put this on hold until the actual chapter comes out and we get visual confirmation of how well Sanji does against Lunarian durability/flames?

Can we just put this on hold until the actual chapter comes out and we get visual confirmation of how well Sanji does against Lunarian durability/flames?
Oh my god I am not waiting for the chapter it literally does not change anything we're discussing.
King>Seraphim, no point in waiting for it.

Oh my god I am not waiting for the chapter it literally does not change anything we're discussing.
King>Seraphim, no point in waiting for it.
I still don't get why people think King > Seraphim.

He should be equal, not superior, nothing suggests superiority.

Full adult + better control of his flames + better DF + Haki + more experience + a sword.
Why does being an adult automatically mean King is stronger? Also what control does he need over the flames that they haven't already displayed? They're fighting off Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji as kids. One even pushed back a Buso'd Blackbeard. The problem is we don't know what it takes to beat a Seraphim yet so they could be stronger than King already and just have a much higher potential as adults.

Why does being an adult automatically mean King is stronger? Also what control does he need over the flames that they haven't displayed? They're fighting off Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji already as kids. One even pushed back a Buso'd Blackbeard. The problem is we don't know what it takes to beat a Seraphim yet so they could be stronger than King already and just have a much high potential as adults.
Luffy and Zoro aren't even using Advanced Haki.
Also, they're mostly relying on Durability.
It's said that the Seraphim are still children frequently, and even when they grow up, they could be monsters but it seems they don't have Haki or King's df, so they probably won't truly be on par with him.

Luffy and Zoro aren't even using Advanced Haki.
Also, they're mostly relying on Durability.
It's said that the Seraphim are still children frequently, and even when they grow up, they could be monsters but it seems they don't have Haki or King's df, so they probably won't truly be on par with him.
I mean saying they're children doesn't mean they're below King. All those statements just mean that the Seraphim have very high potential not that they aren't as strong as a regular Lunarian yet.

Also if we're being honest, King's DF barely matters compared to his own Lunarian abilities. It does give him stat amps but the Seraphim have innately enhanced bodies and multiple DFs so it's not like we're comparing pure Lunarian children to Zoan King.

And from what we've seen Zoro w/ help is having as hard a time damaging the Seraphim with Buso as he did with King.

If Zoro and Luffy have to resort to Adv Haki on these Seraphim that means they're at least as durable as King without the ability to even use Haki yet.

Honestly waiting to see how they lose is a good idea.

Well yes, but King should have more strength and (possibly ) speed, for now at least.
IMO S-Hawk is at least equal to King in strength, simply due to his current feats.

He's matching the same Buso Zoro who matched Buso King, and scared BB into using Buso against his attack, when the same BB's Haki-less durability scales to his physical AP which scales far above his pre-TS self that was >= Ace.

Anyway who are y'all voting for
Until I see scans from the chapter, neutral but leaning King.

Both have ways of killing the other, but until further notice King has more ways.

Explosion + follow-up attacks before Sanji can heal.

Blitz with Pride Stake, which badly hurt Zoro.

Danmaku to keep Sanji at a distance and force him to focus on dodging.

His sword + Buso should do a good chunk of damage to Sanji.

And asides from DJ and IJ, Sanji can't get past his durability.

His durability with flames on is already > Enma's AP, and his suit took hits from Marco.

Yeah I'm gonna vote King FRA.
King's flames can neg regen iirc via simply burning skin/bones/organs to ashes.

I'm probably leaning more neutral now that I have had more time to think about it.

I still believe IJ could pull out a win but we definitely need to see more Exo Sanji feats that aren't isolated to his fight with Queen where he and Queen were fatigued before the fight even became a 1v1. If Sanji does take down S-Shark and Zoro + Kaku take out S-Hawk at least we'll see the full power of the seraphim and how Current Zoro and Sanji compare to each other.

Yeah I'm gonna vote King FRA.
Eh, but Sanji has great flame resistance.

That said, King has an easy range advantage, since Sanji is going to dodge because it's not like he willingly lets flames hit him.

Eh, but Sanji has great flame resistance.

That said, King has an easy range advantage, since Sanji is going to dodge because it's not like he willingly lets flames hit him.
But if he can speed blitz Sanji he can burn him before he can properly defend.
Y'all keep forgetting, Sanji's flame resistance comes from him using Armament + Exoskeleton to block the flames.

But if he can speed blitz Sanji he can burn him before he can properly defend.
Y'all keep forgetting, Sanji's flame resistance comes from him using Armament + Exoskeleton to block the flames.
its not like he has to activate the exo every time he wants to block an attack. once it's on it's on. and using armament mid-combat is a staple with fights at this level. And IMO Sanji still has better Obv, I personally don't think King is blitzing Sanji at all but even if he was faster he's not perception blitzing him to the point where he can't even use Haki at all.

idk about that. that seems like a vague statement that doesn't even have to be referring to Obv Haki at all.

I mean that is on King's profile, not to mention he sensed Zoro's power level when the latter unlocked Hao Infusion.
even then is sensing Adv Conq Zoro's capabilities really impressive enough to say he has equal/better obv than Sanji?

They can't because Sanji's normal resistance even before awakening scales higher than King's own heat scaling.

Enel's heat < Luffy's resistance ~ DJ's Heat < Sanji's resistance < Exo Sanji's resistance < Ifrit's heat < Buso+Exo resistance

Enel ~ Zoro's resistance ~ King's Fire < King's Magma Fire

Mind you, while King's resistance scales above his normal fire for obvious reasons, i don't remember him really interacting with his Magma Fire so his resistance would be above his own fire and that's it.

They can't because Sanji's normal resistance even before awakening scales higher than King's own heat scaling.

Enel's heat < Luffy's resistance ~ DJ's Heat < Sanji's resistance < Exo Sanji's resistance < Ifrit's heat < Buso+Exo resistance

Mind you, while King's resistance scales above his normal fire for obvious reasons, i don't remember him really interacting with his Magma Fire so his resistance would be above his own fire and that's it.
Sigh
Sure they do.

This makes sense, though considering King added his flames to his sword they must be some sort of AP amp so they can at minimum push Sanji back and make him dodge (since they can probably hurt him with their raw AP and Sanji has never been known to just let fire attacks hit him)
I think his normal fire is his magma fire.

And his Omori Karyudon is above his normal fire in AP, so whether or not that AP is solely heat based that still puts it above his normal fire, and can at least hurt Sanji.

Back