• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Here's a better question... do you wanna have bad time?" - Sans Profile Rework!

To be fair, If Sans can teleport, And he normally doesn't want to get hurt

While would he just weave a town sized explosion instead of teleporting, Doesn't make sense if you ask me

Me and Shion answered on Empathic thing. Unless you want to argue that Geno Frisk gives a shit about killing people, aka go against the game…
Ehh, Flowey kinda did back when he did it, constantly trying to justify himself and the such.

Think the best argument for it being a sans thing and not Frisk just feeling bad, is that it still activates even after you've killed Sans twice and are fighting him again, and that it seems to ramp up the more KARMA you have, which sorta suggests that KARMA is what triggers it.

Btw Sans does teleport in battle, but he didnt dodge attacks with it. Its safe to assume the guy isnt a dumbass

Anyways Strym you technically cannot make a CRT right after this since it will count as spite lol

There's a rule that says you need to wait 3 months before you can change something that was accepted in a CRT.
Too lazy to look for it tho
It does not, it says for only rejected CRTs, not approved ones.

Plus Charmander already did this for the cosmology once, Ayewale did also for ATLA's 5-C stuff, so I should be fine.

There's a rule that says you need to wait 3 months before you can change something that was accepted in a CRT.
Too lazy to look for it tho
This rule applies to things that have been rejected for inclusion or accepted for removal.
Rejected content revisions cannot be resubmitted within a short period of time (typically defined as within 3 to 4 months), except in cases where a staff member has a good reason to do so (e.g. important unconsidered information, violation of site standards or flaws in a calculation).
If staff don't even bother to reply to my shit, then I'll force them to, simple as that.
You can definitely do this.

The ONLY staff that came here is Abandon, and they didn't reply to despite being online a lot of times after. They'd have replied to me if they bothered to.

I am typing a Sandbox with everything there.

I dunno if turning this in a downgrade thread (I'll axe Sans even having SI in the 1st place ngl), or just making one if this one passes.

I dunno if turning this in a downgrade thread
"If Strym abused the staff, he might 'cause me a little trouble..."

But would you lose?

"Nah, I'd wank."
Who's more annoying, me or Strym?
Strym easily, your "Fire Manipulation only works in fodder speeds" is the only one really that pissed me off.

Anyways Ig I'll make a new crt and shut off Stryms bs there

People here really do be acting as if I am Charmander and I didn't pull the verse out of the downplayfest that was infecting it.

You guys really do remember only the inconvenient stuff huh?

People here really do be acting as if I am Charmander and I didn't pull the verse out of the downplayfest that was infecting it.

You guys really do remember only the inconvenient stuff huh?
Well now you gotta downgrade like 95% of the verse down to Peak Human Stamina

Cause several minute fights aren't sufficient for that

Oh nvm I got what u meant.

Meh imo Superhuman stamina is ok, they have also other feats, but that's derailing now, wouldn't it?
Some of them do! Like Asgore, Mettaton, Flowey, and the two humans... I couldn't find anyone else who had a proper reason for it lol

Anyway, I'll just wait for this to be added before I make the CRT then.

Like a lion waiting for its prey to make a mistake before attacking.

I talked with @Maverick_Zero_X and she expressed interest in commenting here and reading my concerns. I did think about it and it's pretty foolish to let a CRT pass if I can just stop in its tracks, right?

Anyway, let's go!

Social Influencing (Part 1)

Part 1

Argument: Sans was able to trick and make Frisk spare him with just his words in the Genocide Route even when Frisk is a coldblooded murderer[1]

Debunk: Nothing says that Frisk canonically always falls for it (otherwise how would they be able to beat him), and nothing says that they did because they bought Sans' talk no jutsu. They may have simply decided to play along to see how it plays out. The same thing was done by Flowey after all, as he does mention that he purposely lost every game and did everything that was possible to do in the Underground just to see what happens. I'd also remind y'all that Flowey is also supposed to be a reflection of the Player, as he does give you a tutorial, gives hints for how to complete the Pacifist Route (and gets mad if you don't do everything exactly how he says) and claims multiple times that Chara is the only one who understands him as they're not predictable like the other characters, who are just NPCs for him. I'd remind you all that Chara is written to be also a reflection of us, due to them being our desire to grind stats (yet not being actually us at the same time) and their name is chosen by us.

I'd remind you that the main point of Undertale and why that game is so popular is due to it having nigh-infinite outcomes and alternate dialogues depending on what we do in the story, something that Flowey himself also says very explicitly when we constantly go to check him at the end of Neutral.

Part 2

Argument: Drives Papyrus' crazy with his puns, is loved by almost everyone in Snowdin[3], is able to keep his job even though he sleeps all the time[4] and drives Undyne mad.

Debunk: None of this is SI. Let's check the things one by one:
  • Papyrus hating Sans' puns is completely fanon. This blog lists a great deal of evidence on why Papyrus isn't exactly mad at them, but secretely enjoys them by his own admission and him also doing that.
  • The "loved by everyone in Showdin" clip doesn't say anything on it.
  • Undyne was never mad at Sans if I recall correctly, though a clip showing it would help for context. Not that Undyne is exactly very competent at hiring people, as we all know that she keeps Papyrus around for pure pity despite her thinking that he's not qualified, or the Royal Guard Dogs being in that position despite them being spareable from literally just petting them few times.
Part 3

Argument: Was capable of traumatizing Flowey to the point where even the mention of anything linked to Sans leaves him angry and nervous[5]

Debunk: Every hard boss fight should have SI due to it leaving people pissed at it because of how hard it is according to this logic. No. Sans has never passively instigated fear to anyone, he's mostly seen as a lazy bum ass, only people who fight him get to know this side of him, but normally? Nah. Frisk not being scared from Sans even proves my point more.

Res. to Fear Manipulation

Argument:
Seemingly unaffected by Chara's presence and merely makes jokes about it,[1] which has been shown to make victim's unnaturally scared. A good example of this being Doggo who couldn't even see them or know if there was even someone there, Frisk also did the same to Flowey even though Flowey considers himself emotionless[5]

Debunk: Ok so... why is this assumed to be a resistance?. On the page in itself we have this: "Depending on the user and medium, Fear Manipulation can occasionally be depicted as a power which can be overcome with bravery, willpower and courage". We have multiple examples of people not being truly affected from Chara's aura:
While we don't know what's going on for the other monsters, we have showings that with bravery/rage/confidence alone, you can overcome their fear aura. Sans isn't any different from this.

Invulnerability Negation

Argument:
It ignores Frisk's INV frame, which makes them immune to other attacks after being hit for a short amount of time.

Debunk: Not only it's not entirely true, as there are items that increase the INV Frames, aka the Torn Notebook (+6 INV) and the Cloudy Glasses (+9 INV). In fact, as displayed in this Reddit post, getting fully hit while having both of these equipped significantly reduces the damage from KR compared to when you lack these.

Plus, checking the Invulnerability page: "Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through." The reason is simple, because Invulnerability isn't immunity to hax, is immunity to physical damage, there's no reason for it to shield from stuff such as Existence Erasure, Spatial Cutting, Mind Hax, etc., coz these all bypass the physical defense. I do agree that Sans has still Durability Negation due to KR killing with the same timeframe regardless of the DEF that Frisk has, but... yeah, Inv Negation seems to be added just for the sake of bloating Sans' profile and make him appear more impressive than he is.

Empathic Manipulation

Argument:
When against Sans, the opponents passively feel guilt and regret as if their sins were literally crawling[1] and weighing on their backs[1]

Debunk: Being aware of your wrongs =/= feeling guilty for those. Not to mention this didn't stop Frisk from always fighting against Sans (and even reset the fight for the sake of killing him again twice). This also happened with Flowey, yet... he literally said that he doesn't learn anything from his defeats. While it's indeed true that the line of text still appears regardless if you killed Sans before, it definitely shouldn't be assumed that's guilt.

The hax should remain, but it's kinda irrelevant in a fight regardless, as it never made anyone felt guilty in-canon.

Teleportation

Argument:
Capable of teleporting himself, others[3] and his attacks[1]

Debunk: While the rest is fine... where is the evidence of attacks being teleported? I don't exactly remember here.

4th Wall Breaking

Argument:
Can change the battle boxes size, scretching it out[1]

Debunk: Huh, hm, ah. Nah, a lot of characters can manipulate the battle box without necessairly breaking the 4th wall (outside Flowey).

MUs that would need to be restored/removed

Now that this super wanked SI is out of the way, let's see what MUs were removed under this premise:

Victories:

Losses:

The fight with The Long Quiet should also be removed for this reason.

Last edited:
Ouch, my eyes.

I can agree on SI ig.
Res. to Fear Manipulation

Argument:
Seemingly unaffected by Chara's presence and merely makes jokes about it,[1] which has been shown to make victim's unnaturally scared. A good example of this being Doggo who couldn't even see them or know if there was even someone there, Frisk also did the same to Flowey even though Flowey considers himself emotionless[5]

Debunk: Ok so... why is this assumed to be a resistance?. On the page in itself we have this: "Depending on the user and medium, Fear Manipulation can occasionally be depicted as a power which can be overcome with bravery, willpower and courage". We have multiple examples of people not being truly affected from Chara's aura:
While we don't know what's going on for the other monsters, we have showings that with bravery/rage/confidence alone, you can overcome their fear aura. Sans isn't any different from this.
Sans was never depicted as extraordinaly brave and stuff, neither narratively nor by statements. Mad Dummy is just, y'know, MAD. Undyne is a brave hero narratively.
Invulnerability Negation

Argument:
It ignores Frisk's INV frame, which makes them immune to other attacks after being hit for a short amount of time.

Debunk: Not only it's not entirely true, as there are items that increase the INV Frames, aka the Torn Notebook (+6 INV) and the Cloudy Glasses (+9 INV). In fact, as displayed in this Reddit post, getting fully hit while having both of these equipped significantly reduces the damage from KR compared to when you lack these.

Plus, checking the Invulnerability page: "Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through." The reason is simple, because Invulnerability isn't immunity to hax, is immunity to physical damage, there's no reason for it to shield from stuff such as Existence Erasure, Spatial Cutting, Mind Hax, etc., coz these all bypass the physical defense. I do agree that Sans has still Durability Negation due to KR killing with the same timeframe regardless of the DEF that Frisk has, but... yeah, Inv Negation seems to be added just for the sake of bloating Sans' profile and make him appear more impressive than he is.
Undertale's INV does not fit actual Invulnurability standards, they just make Frisk intangible and Sans' attacks bypass that because they are intangible in the first place. So yeah.
Empathic Manipulation

Argument:
When against Sans, the opponents passively feel guilt and regret as if their sins were literally crawling[1] and weighing on their backs[1]

Debunk: Being aware of your wrongs =/= feeling guilty for those. Not to mention this didn't stop Frisk from always fighting against Sans (and even reset the fight for the sake of killing him again twice). This also happened with Flowey, yet... he literally said that he doesn't learn anything from his defeats. While it's indeed true that the line of text still appears regardless if you killed Sans before, it definitely shouldn't be assumed that's guilt.

The hax should remain, but it's kinda irrelevant in a fight regardless, as it never made anyone felt guilty in-canon.
Frisk/Player does it because "they can", not because they're good or evil, hence why guilt doesn't really work on them.
Teleportation

Argument:
Capable of teleporting himself, others[3] and his attacks[1]

Debunk: While the rest is fine... where is the evidence of attacks being teleported? I don't exactly remember here.
Second phase. He teleports and his attacks change
4th Wall Breaking

Argument:
Can change the battle boxes size, scretching it out[1]

Debunk: Huh, hm, ah. Nah, a lot of characters can manipulate the battle box without necessairly breaking the 4th wall (outside Flowey).
Sure, but the ability should remain
MUs that would need to be restored/removed

Now that this super wanked SI is out of the way, let's see what MUs were removed under this premise:

Victories:

Losses:

The fight with The Long Quiet should also be removed for this reason.
Sure

Yap on Empathic Manip
Frisk/Player does it because "they can", not because they're good or evil, hence why guilt doesn't really work on them.
Wait, I just remembered something: Frisk is actually evil on Genocide, they enjoy punching dummy and have ":)" when finding new monster to kill. MTT NEO also says you’re not pure evil if you abort Genocide in Hotland but doesn’t say that on Genocide itself. Sans says that they only continue fighting just because they can and not for the sake of being good/evil, but that doesn’t mean Frisk not evil at all.

Ouch, my eyes.
I did not have better YT clips lmao.
Sans was never depicted as extraordinaly brave and stuff, neither narratively nor by statements. Mad Dummy is just, y'know, MAD. Undyne is a brave hero narratively.
Ok but Monster Kid? Plus, again, confidence is something that can overcome fear, something Sans definitely has here.
Second phase. He teleports and his attacks change
He teleports, sure. But his bones do not.
Sure, but the ability should remain
Did I say it should be removed? I only want to remove that bit.
they enjoy punching dummy
This happens also in Neutral.
Sans says that they only continue fighting just because they can and not for the sake of being good/evil, but that doesn’t mean Frisk not evil at all.
I don't see what's the point of this. I am only removing the part of Frisk feeling guilty as that's nowhere said in-verse. You can perfectly be aware that what you're doing is ****** up yet you enjoy doing that anyway, Flowey is literally that, and we become like him in Genocides, because the reason why we do that is literally why he also did it, for curiosity.

Back