• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Here's a better question... do you wanna have bad time?" - Sans Profile Rework!

So then. . .why is this not just Sans breaking the rules of Undertale's system like I already said before? If even Mettaton's HP-halving attack triggers the i-frames, but Sans' doesn't, then that's basically what I already stated.
Because you’re needlessly complicating that? We can classify it as INV Negation. Sans is the only monster to dodge Frisk’s attacks, but we do no give him 4th Wall break for that, we give him high reaction speed (and eventually IA). Sans is the only monster to ignore Frisk’s durability, but we do not give him 4th Wall Break due to that, we give him Durability Negation. Same thing here.

Yes. He wouldn't have durability negation if we don't count the per-frame damage he does, he'd just have the basic UT monster one.
What argument is even this? He has durability negation for constantly dealing Frisk 1 damage despite them having far higher DEF (99 DEF with Heart-locket), INV stuff has nothing to do with its justification.

What argument is even this? He has durability negation for constantly dealing Frisk 1 damage despite them having far higher DEF (99 DEF with Heart-locket), INV stuff has nothing to do with its justification.
Every monster can do that? That's the entire basis behind their "Limited Durability Negation"? That they always deal at least 1 damage.

If it is preventing the activation of the invulnerability it wouldn't be invulnerability negation it would be power null since frisk isn't even becoming invulnerable.

Every monster can do that? That's the entire basis behind their "Limited Durability Negation"? That they always deal at least 1 damage.
No? They have it because against the guy with the same tier, they would need attack their SOUL and ignore conventional durability. It was established long time ago that monsters’ soul manipulation is bound to the opponent’s physicals, as physical armor increases DEF of the SOUL.

Actually yeah, that's a good point. What invulnerability is being negated if it isn't being activated in the first place?

Not to mention, you are capable of having invulnerability in the Sans fight via the Cloudy Goggles and Torn Notebook, as noted before. If Sans were negating invulnerability, he would still be able to damage Frisk regardless of whether or not they have those items equipped. And yet, he doesn't.

Actually yeah, that's a good point. What invulnerability is being negated if it isn't being activated in the first place?
It nullifies only Invulnerability. Negation always links to Powernull. Hence why Invulnerability Negation. Lol.

Not to mention, you are capable of having invulnerability in the Sans fight via the Cloudy Goggles and Torn Notebook, as noted before. If Sans were negating invulnerability, he would still be able to damage Frisk regardless of whether or not they have those items equipped. And yet, he doesn't.

Yeah, the 0 INV thing can definitely just be seen as the code reason why sans can deal so much damage so fast, it not having an effect on the Invincibility Additions of the Cloudy Glasses and Torn Notebook certainly disprove it being sans just being able to powernull Invulnerability.

Yeah, the 0 INV thing can definitely just be seen as the code reason why sans can deal so much damage so fast, it not having an effect on the Invincibility Additions of the Cloudy Glasses and Torn Notebook certainly prove it.
We see that Frisk’s INV is not working in the fight either, lol.

Why do I have a feeling that you two disagree with blatant INV Negation just for the sake of doing so

I seen pages link invulnerability negation with durability negation which isn't power null in most cases so I was unsure what was meant. I also am not sure if INV actually meet all the standards for invulnerability.
Yeah, the 0 INV thing can definitely just be seen as the code reason why sans can deal so much damage so fast, it not having an effect on the Invincibility Additions of the Cloudy Glasses and Torn Notebook certainly disprove it being sans just being able to powernull Invulnerability.
Both explicitly work differently in the fight

Yes, thank you for proving my point Orange, I'm glad we agree that Sans is incapable of truly negating Invulnerability if it does not bypass the INV given by the Cloudy Glasses and Torn Notebook.

And again, he's not negating Invulnerability if it is not actually active.

Power Null seems fine, though I am kind of iffy on it

Neutral on Invul Negation for now. I’ll let others argue it out before I say anything on it.

Empath Manip is fine (better than mental corruption or however you put it last time)

Intangibility seems fine

Toon Force also seems fine

It does. It’s straight up called so and has its properties
Not quite we need an in universe explanation why it makes them invulnerable and no just having a quote saying they are invulnerable doesn't count.

From the Invulnerability page: "Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through. Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities. It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation, negating simple Attack Potency, though one should be careful not to apply No Limits Fallacy.

This is distinct from simply particularly high durability, which may make a character seem invulnerable to weaker opponents. Only characters whose invulnerability is clearly more than simply being exceptionally durable for the verse's setting qualify."

Not quite we need an in universe explanation why it makes them invulnerable and no just having a quote saying they are invulnerable doesn't count.

From the Invulnerability page: "Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through. Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities. It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation, negating simple Attack Potency, though one should be careful not to apply No Limits Fallacy.
Frisk gets Invulnurability for their SOUL when they get hit: the attacks that have just attacked them will make no damage before this temporal INV is gone. Unless you want to say that they have temporary Statistics Amplification (when it is straight up called Invulnerability LMAO)

This is distinct from simply particularly high durability, which may make a character seem invulnerable to weaker opponents. Only characters whose invulnerability is clearly more than simply being exceptionally durable for the verse's setting qualify."
Also from in-game info:

Glasses marred with wear. Increases INV by 9.
(After you get hurt by an attack, you stay invulnerable for longer.)

Frisk gets Invulnurability for their SOUL when they get hit: the attacks that have just attacked them will make no damage before this temporal INV is gone. Unless you want to say that they have temporary Statistics Amplification (when it is straight up called Invulnerability LMAO)
It wouldn't be the first time a video game character would lose invulnerability to our standards and honesty that is basically what we did to mario.

I seen uncontradicted out of universe statements like word of god rejected you think in universe statements are immune.

attachment.php

Agree with everything

Back