• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Revision Bros (4-A proposals, Grand Star key, and two calculations)

Power Stars scale to the characters physicals, actually, and they are already accepted as such

As pointed by Armor here, the main problem is how inconsistent these upgrades are
Still don't see why we can't give everyone a Grand Star key, though. It should be fair and make sense to give them one since we already brought back the Power Star key.
If enough Power Stars can equate to a Grand Star, then I could see Mario having 3-C via Creation with enough of them, but not because of an amp, especially with how vague it is the actual amp is.
What are your thoughts on this?

Did anyone besides Bowser amped themselves with a Grand Star?
Every boss in both Galaxy games (aside from the Bowser fights in Galaxy 1).

As far as Grand Star keys for already existing profiles are concerned, I imagine only Bowser and Bowser Jr. should have one. Tbh it’s weird Junior doesn’t already have any Power Star-related key.

If not, then it shouldn't be a problem to give a Grand Star key ONLY to Bowser, should it?
No, i personally agree with that tbh

Every boss in both Galaxy games (aside from the Bowser fights in Galaxy 1)
Ngl this f#cks the whole scaling

As far as Grand Star keys for already existing profiles are concerned, I imagine only Bowser and Bowser Jr. should have one. Tbh it’s weird Junior doesn’t already have any Power Star-related key.
Agreed

Ngl this f#cks the whole scaling
Dreamy Bowser moment

It’s funny because some of them can only be beaten by outside forces that technically don’t require Mario’s own strength (meaning you could theoretically justify it as Mario just being cracked at dodging), but King Kaliente, Gobblegut and the Boomsday Machine are objectively defeated through Mario’s own strength so they throw a wrench in that idea.

It’s funny because some of them can only be beaten by outside forces that technically don’t require Mario’s own strength (meaning you could theoretically justify it as Mario just being cracked at dodging), but King Kaliente, Gobblegut and the Boomsday Machine are objectively defeated through Mario’s own strength so they throw a wrench in that idea.
Womp Womp

Maybe we just say the Luma that gave Mario the Spin is 3-C
I agree with that

And Bowser Jr., yes?
I think so...

Now that I think about it, is there actually any evidence Mario and Luigi are powered by Power Stars in the Galaxy games? In fact the whole point of collecting them is to power the Comet Observatory/Starship Mario, so idk how the Bros would even have access to any that would power them.

I was half joking before, but if there’s no evidence for the Bros to be powered by Power Stars then unironically I think giving them an “Empowered by Baby Luma” key that’s 3-C would fix the weird scaling issues. Just ignore the mid-bosses powered by regular Power Stars and I don’t think there’s any more issues.

Lots of scaling changes being proposed in a months-old thread that's on its fourth page, probably make a new one for all this

Multi-Solar System AP

Proposal: 4-A via Creation, Destruction, Death, etc.

Agree: Agree: @Psychomaster35, @CloverDragon03, @DarkDragonMedeus,
Disagree:
Neutral:

Grand Star

Why should characters have 3-C ratings again?

Agree: @Psychomaster35, @CloverDragon03, @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:
Neutral:

Adding two new calculations to Mario's profile

Agree: @Psychomaster35, @CloverDragon03, @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:
Neutral:
It seems like you forgot to add staff votes to the OP after a certain point.

I'm fine with the Baby Luma amping Mario if it means 3-C can come back.

And yes, Bowser Jr. absolutely should've been had a Power Star/Grand Star key. Not only is he in Mario Party where these things are available but in both Galaxy games he consistently powers his mechs and stuff with them.

Lumas being 3-C doesn't make much sense given they need to gather a lot of energy just to turn into a a galaxy once.
It's barely even been 2 f***ing months, tho...
Yeah that's a lot in VSBW terms, especially when the thread has had no activity for a lot of it.

Yeah that's a lot in VSBW terms, especially when the thread has had no activity for a lot of it.
Look, I would make another CRT for this, but I believe we're almost to a consensus here. Plus, I do have a lot of other things to deal with both inside and out of VS Battles like work, graphic design, and exercising, and I have plans on making revisions for other verses such as Devilman, Hellboy, and Spawn.

I mean, I guess I could make another thread for this, but I don't think just yet.

"We're almost to a consensus" on what? Thread is dead, you didn't keep track of votes, I don't even remember half the discussion we had and I don't think most do either, half the topics were rejected and the other half didn't really have any conclusion, it's as far from a consensus as it gets.

"We're almost to a consensus" on what? Thread is dead, you didn't keep track of votes, I don't even remember half the discussion we had and I don't think most do either, half the topics were rejected and the other half didn't really have any conclusion, it's as far from a consensus as it gets.
Okay, fine; I'll make another thread. Just keep this one open so I can give you all the link to it, alright?

Back