• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) 2 Yonko Commanders fighting Fire with Fire!

I vote Ace for having an immunity to the majority of King's attacks, possibly better observation, and being able to adapt and learn a lot in fights ( iirc he kept trying to take out Whitebeard and kept learning and readjusting his techniques to hit him ). Though King is faster and more durable, but those traits never coincide because he has to lose one trait for the other, so...

I vote Ace
I'll add your vote.
for having an immunity to the majority of King's attacks,
He's immune to King's fire, that is true.
possibly better observation
His Kenbun is definitely >= to King's, although their profiles both list them as having intermediate Kenbun
, and being able to adapt and learn a lot in fights ( iirc he kept trying to take out Whitebeard and kept learning and readjusting his techniques to hit him ). Though King is faster and more durable, but those traits never coincide because he has to lose one trait for the other, so...
Actually, King is >= in speed even with flames on, as while both he and Ace are on Marco's level (as King in base directly scales to Marco while Ace scales to Akainu who scales to Marco), King also scales to Zoro (who reacted to Kaido and Big Mom) AND he can boost his speed with his Zoan form which is confirmed to boost his speed.

And while his durability takes a hit if his flame goes off, not only will he be ******* blitzing Ace with how fast he is with the flame off, but it's not like Ace can one-shot him with flames off, especially since King has solid fire resistance himself.

Can't Ace just put out the flames on King's back by absorbing it? This would be a great counter to his durability, and I believe King's Speed Amp isn't that much of a problem, as Ace has already reacted to attacks from Whitebeard, the admirals, can also boost his own speed with fire and has far better precog.

Ace's flames are so hot that it even burned Whitebeard's skin, who has an absurd resistance to heat, I don't know if King could handle them. King's advantage would be at close range, as Ace doesn't master physical combat, but his feats, like keeping up with Yamato and Jinbe (two natural fighters at close range as well) don't allow me to assume he'd be stomped in that regard.

Area of effect is an absurd advantage for Ace whether with dragons, Hiken or Entei, things Ace can spam (remember the first Hiken Ace launched in the series, so vast it swallowed multiple ships easily). Frankly I think Ace wins but King is a better fighter I would say. Ace likely wins with high difficulty.

Last edited:
Can't Ace just put out the flames on King's back by absorbing it? This would be a great counter to his durability, and I believe King's Speed Amp isn't that much of a problem, as Ace has already reacted to attacks from Whitebeard, the admirals, can also boost his own speed with fire and has far better precog.

Ace's flames are so hot that it already burned Whitebeard's skin, who has an absurd resistance to heat, I don't know if King could handle them. King's advantage would be at close range, as Ace doesn't master physical combat, but his feats, like keeping up with Yamato and Jinbe (two natural fighters at close range as well) don't allow me to assume he'd be stomped in that regard.

Area of effect is an absurd advantage for Ace whether with dragons, Hiken or Entei, things Ace can spam (remember the first Hiken Ace launched in the series, so vast it swallowed multiple ships easily). Frankly I think Ace wins but King is a better fighter I would say. Ace likely wins with high difficulty.
This

King wouldn't really have a reason to turn his flame-off, he didn't need to resort to it against Marco and even if he did he'd still be blitz levels above Ace in speed and resistant to Ace's main way of attacking.
He didn't really do that against Marco since he had Queen helping him out IIRC.

It means he didn't have to completely try against him since it was a 2v1.
I get what you're saying but the majority of the fight between them shown was King v Marco with Queen only ever attacking Marco once in retaliation for being attacked, majority of the time Queen focused on others besides Marco (Hyogoro/Chopper/Sanji). It may have played a factor but considering the lack of contribution Queen was actively putting in would suggest to me King just didn't have a reason to use it.

@Eseseso I'm still not voting but i'll admit this is an intersting matchup, congrats!
King's advantage would be at close range, as Ace doesn't master physical combat, but his feats, like keeping up with Yamato and Jinbe (two natural fighters at close range as well) don't allow me to assume he'd be stomped in that regard.
There's also Van Auger saying he had excellent combat prowess, Masked Deuce saying he's a tremendous fighter no matter powers(while his DF ability was countered by the Darkness Fruit & Armament Haki) and him getting training from Garp like Luffy. Yeah, i don't think Ace is gonna get outskilled in H2H either.
It means he didn't have to completely try against him since it was a 2v1.
Doesn't King fight Marco on 1v1 for ~ 20 minutes, Chopper's Rumble Ball runs out and then it becomes a 2v1 again?

I still think King's Zoan stat amp, Buso Haki (which let him dominate start-of-fight Buso Zoro [who scales >= Marco in AP] and let him block Zoro's Haoshoku attacks even though they pushed him back), solid flame resistance, and monstrous flame-on durability let him get the win.

@Eseseso I'm still not voting but i'll admit this is an intersting matchup, congrats!
Thanks!
There's also Van Auger saying he had excellent combat prowess, Masked Deuce saying he's a tremendous fighter no matter powers(while his DF ability was countered by the Darkness Fruit & Armament Haki) and him getting training from Garp like Luffy. Yeah, i don't think Ace is gonna get outskilled in H2H either.
True, but King is a solid swordsman with his sword that he can use Buso on.
Doesn't King fight Marco on 1v1 for ~ 20 minutes, Chopper's Rumble Ball runs out and then it becomes a 2v1 again?
Yeah he fought 1v1 with Marco for 20 minutes, and in the anime his base and Zoan basically go blow for blow with Marco for 20 minutes.

Do you know who you think will win now?

solid flame resistance, and monstrous flame-on durability let him get the win.
Can't Ace just put out the flames on King's back by absorbing it?

Ace's flames are so hot that it already burned Whitebeard's skin, who has an absurd resistance to heat, I don't know if King could handle them.

Wait, can Ace put out King's flame??? I recall him absorbing fire from around him during the Black Beard fight but idk if flames attached to a SPECIFIC RACE that are compared to magma would be possible for him to control.

NP
True, but King is a solid swordsman with his sword that he can use Buso on.
He has beaten haki swordmen in his spinoff manga(granted they were weaker than King). He could dodge King's sword strikes thanks to better observation haki
Yeah he fought 1v1 with Marco for 20 minutes, and in the anime his base and Zoan basically go blow for blow with Marco for 20 minutes.
Yeah, he clashed with Marco's wing in his human form & kicked him in his zoan form. I disagree with the profile saying King's fire bullets were pushing Hybrid Marco. Marco just jumped backwards & seperated 1 of his wings to turn it into a barrier. It's kinda like how he turned the wing King cut off into a fireball. Maybe Marco should get some type of body control for this :unsure: ?
Do you know who you think will win now?
Marco is the strongest WB Commander making him superior to Ace. King would upscale in physicality from Ace thanks to fighting Marco for that long, even making him use the Immortal Thistle later(granted Marco was tired for that last one). Ace won't neccessary be able to maipulate King's fire if it's too powerful. IIRC when he was fighting a vice admiral in his novel he couldn't manipulate the firestream of flamethrowers that had enough force to push him back. King's Dragon Emperor is akin to magma so that defenetly ain't gonna get controlled by Ace & might potentially burn him like Sakazuki's magma(tho to a lesser extend). Meh i think King probably takes it.

Edit: Damn Snook beat me to it

Last edited:
Wait, can Ace put out King's flame??? I recall him absorbing fire from around him during the Black Beard fight but idk if flames attached to a SPECIFIC RACE that are compared to magma would be possible for him to control.
I assume he can considering that's the point of his power- turning into and manipulating all types of fire.

all types of fire.
Maybe that's pushing it. We see him controlling regular fire yes, but he ain't controlling Marco's fire, probably not the homies since they're souls either. I'm not gonna assume he can do it with King either, or if it'd work the same way it would if KING switched it for offense either.

I don't know if he can remove the flame (maybe King knows), but if he does that he'll get blitzed by King, who could probably stack flames off and zoan for a double speed boost (never mind the AP advantage King already has).

Haki could potentially nullify his flame Absorption attempt either way.

King basically has a counter for everything Ace can throw at him.

Ace is immune to fire attacks? Just use Danmaku wind attacks from zoan form.

Close quarters combat? Haki sword negates logia powers.

Flame on back somehow gets absorbed? Blitz the shit out of Ace while using either Haki or Zoan form to boost his stats.

I forgot about haki resistance 💀

nevermind, it doesn't matter either way ig. My vote stays for King. Even without using his fire attacks he's still got that nasty headbutt, danmaku and a speed advantage.
Not to mention 2 different AP amps (Zoan form + Buso Haki) and far superior speed w/o flame.

Maybe that's pushing it. We see him controlling regular fire yes, but he ain't controlling Marco's fire, probably not the homies since they're souls either. I'm not gonna assume he can do it with King either, or if it'd work the same way it would if KING switched it for offense either.
King's fire isn't specifically special though.

Ace won't neccessary be able to maipulate King's fire if it's too powerful. IIRC when he was fighting a vice admiral in his novel he couldn't manipulate the firestream of flamethrowers that had enough force to push him back. King's Dragon Emperor is akin to magma so that defenetly ain't gonna get controlled by Ace & might potentially burn him like Sakazuki's magma(tho to a lesser extend).

It might or might not. Zoro notes at it being like magma so it's clearly different, as well as the fact that there could be a difference between turning it off against his will vs him choosing to channel it to his blade to enter his speed mode.

And like Emin said- haki resistance.

And natural resistance to ace's heat.
And the fact that if Ace hits him he can self-detonate
Him tanking the self-detonation is one of his best dura feats, btw, since it would've killed Zoro who tanked the Hakai (yes, the Hakai broke Zoro's bones but it didn't kill him) had Zoro not used Buso Haki.

His other best dura feat is his Zoan flame-on form literally tanking with zero damge a move that cut Kaido's scales.

Not to mention, flame-on King tanked a Shishi Sonson, and keep in mind when Zoro did that in a weaker key it did notably more damage to Apoo than a pissed off Base Kidd's Punk Gibson.

If Ace can't get rid of the flame, he's not doing any notable damage to King.

And unlike Yamato, who beat King in their fight, he doesn't have enough AP/durability to warrant King trying to blitz him, since unlike Yamato (who had Kaido-lvl AP plus stat amps from her DF and Hao Infusion), King has more than enough AP to take down Ace. Also, Yamato had Thunder Bagua to blitz King, while Ace has no speed Amps and King has 2 normal ones (Zoan + Flame Off) and Imperial Pride Stake is even faster so it'd absolutely blitz Ace and severely hurt him.

Last edited:
King basically has a counter for everything Ace can throw at him.

Ace is immune to fire attacks? Just use Danmaku wind attacks from zoan form.
He can react to this, seeing as he has Observation, was trained by Garp as a child ( Garp him self is fast enough to speed blits Marco right in his face ), and was able to intercept a Magma Punch from Akainu.

Close quarters combat? Haki sword negates logia powers.
Counter argument: Why can't Ace just output Conqueror's and negate King's fruit? Then that'd get rid of most of his arsenal, and he'd just be a really durable dude with Armament and a sword.

Flame on back somehow gets absorbed? Blitz the shit out of Ace while using either Haki or Zoan form to boost his stats.
I already gave reasons for why Ace would react to this.

Him tanking the self-detonation is one of his best dura feats, btw, since it would've killed Zoro who tanked the Hakai (yes the Hakai broke Zoro's bones but it didn't kill him) had Zoro not used Buso Haki.

His other best dura feat is his Zoan flame-on form literally tanking a move that cut Kaido's scales.

If Ace can't get rid of the flame, he's not doing any notable damage to King.

And unlike Yamato, who beat King in their fight, he doesn't have enough AP/durability to warrant King trying to blitz him, since unlike Yamato King has more than enough AP to take down Ace.
Yeah no, King in his tanking mode being called invulnerable by Queen was almost no exaggeration. It took a Zoro who can injure schmega-durable Yonko an ACoC boost to even make him feel worried about taking a hit in that state.

Him tanking the self-detonation is one of his best dura feats, btw, since it would've killed Zoro who tanked the Hakai (yes the Hakai broke Zoro's bones but it didn't kill him) had Zoro not used Buso Haki.
Yeah, the Zoro who was severely injured before that fight and was only even able to fight him due to the medicine he was given.

Counter argument: Why can't Ace just output Conqueror's and negate King's fruit? Then that'd get rid of most of his arsenal, and he'd just be a really durable dude with Armament and a sword.
Zoro's a Hao infusion user and that didn't happen when he fought King.

Ace isn't doing shit.

Zoro's a Hao infusion user and that didn't happen when he fought King.

Ace isn't doing shit.
TBF Zoro wasn't aware that Haki can affect DF users like that, and thus wasn't outputting Haki with intent to stop him. And I guess Ace might not know that weakness either, though.

TBF Zoro wasn't aware that Haki can affect DF users like that, and thus wasn't outputting Haki with intent to stop him. And I guess Ace might not know that weakness either, though.
Hao infusion when activate passively outputs Hao as shown with BM and Zoro himself, if Hao was enough to do that to King it would have happened with Zoro.

Wait why would this even matter? Like I said Ace could very likely react to King's attacks and counter so I don't think he'd need to null his DF.

Back