• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gigantic Animal Man Revision

PsychoWarper said:
Then we should be able to apply the changes now.
After a final evaluation from the Editing Rules:

• Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Discussion Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

Cal didnt seem to be completely Joking and if Sandman agrees with it basically everyone else will.

But yeah id say ask a few people (namely Ant) to take a quick look.

Not all of this is from Grant Morrison's run. The parts where he defeats Antagon occur afterwards, for example.

Yobo joked about doing this and then he posted a link to and I thought "No way, he did not make Animal Man super OP" and I was sadly VERY VERY wrong kek.

Sandman31 said:
PsychoWarper said:
Id never really seen him outside Morrisons run.
I saw him once getting blasted away by Spectre and sometimes as a background character
Depending on the writer getting blasted by the Spectre could be a 1-A dura feat or 5-B dura feat kek.

I saw him once getting blasted away by Spectre and sometimes as a background character

It's mentioned most of that is PIS by the Writer, as he gets relegated to a background character outside of his own series. As Animal Man puts it, "I don't really do much when I'm with the Justice League"

Elizhaa said:
Yobo Blue said:
What type of Abstract Existence specifically?
I think Abstract Existence Type 2 since he embodies a part of the template.
  • Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it.
I do think everything else that I didn't mentioned over is fine.
Is this really type 2? I know hes connected to it but do you need to destroy that realm in order to kill him?

That's why it was agreed it's Pseudo-Type 2, as it fits all the effects but isn't necessarily the same in method, but is similar enough.

Well if he was able to fix the Source which is "Likely 1-A" isnt that enough for possibly 1-A?

Although the 1-A ranking of some of his other abilities are legit.

Also the power mimicry is his normal non meta power, hes able to perfectly copy animals abilities, but I dont have any scans on me so ill leave that for Yobo once he comes back.

PsychoWarper said:
Well if he was able to fix the Source which is "Likely 1-A" isnt that enough for possibly 1-A?
Not necessarily. He said that by creating a universe he managed to fix The Source then it wont really be 1-A since its something like a chain reaction feat. Also, did he really meant The Source as in the Jack Kirby one?

Because the way it was said:

The M-field, the source, will be no more Make it sounds like they are referring to the M-field as a source.

Plus the fact that The Source wasnt mentioned and didnt appear in the arc makes me think that its not referring to that source at all.

Seems like its referring to the M-field as the source.

I agree with Sandman31.

Anyway, if we give him Power Mimicry, wouldn't that imply that he can copy the powers of other superhumans, like Amazo does?

The M-field, the source, will be no more Make it sounds like they are referring to the M-field as a source.

Plus the fact that The Source wasnt mentioned and didnt appear in the arc makes me think that its not referring to that source at all.

Seems like its referring to the M-field as the source.

Just pointing out that what they actually said was

"THE M-FIELD, THE SOURCE, WILL BE NO MORE"

So you can't say it's not meant to be capitalised.

If the Source isn't mentioned anywhere else though that seems reasonable to assume it's not talking about the Source tho.

Yes, I think that it seems unlikely that the actual 1-A Source is what was intended, and if so it would be a massive outlier, or some type of illogical chain reaction.

Monarch Laciel said:
Just pointing out that what they actually said was

"THE M-FIELD, THE SOURCE, WILL BE NO MORE"

So you can't say it's not meant to be capitalised.

If the Source isn't mentioned anywhere else though that seems reasonable to assume it's not talking about the Source tho.
I'm not really basing it off by the capitalization, but the way the sentence is structured which makes it seems like its referring to the same thing. Like " Kratos, The Ghost of Sparta, is dead"

Also, yeah, I dont think the Source was involved in the arc

So the M-Field was called the Source like I originally thought; I agree with Sandman's points on it.

Is somebody willing to apply the accepted changes to the page?

I would also appreciate if the other ones are further clarified.

The M-Field should be similar to the Source, it was stated that Animal Man and a couple of other Red users used the M-Field to recreate the Source.

I don't know if many AP feats were given, but Animal Man can withstand attacks fron Overman when copying the powers of a cockroach and is capable of copying Superman's powers, and Sun-Eaters can fight Superman and the others, and a dragon with Superman's powers was copied and defeated by Animal Man.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Sandman31.

Anyway, if we give him Power Mimicry, wouldn't that imply that he can copy the powers of other superhumans, like Amazo does?
From my understanding, Animal Man cannot copy metahumans or humans except in extreme circumstances

I will note the scans about Antagon refer to it bringing all existence back to The Void, as in the proper noun, which seems to indicate to me Monitor-Mind The Overvoid, but someone probably has a better explanation for that.

Antvasima said:
Most of the abilities seem fine, but I would like some explicit proof for Cosmic Awareness, Power Mimicry, and Abstract Existence.

I also think that a 1-A tier seems like a massive exaggeration. 3-B seems fine if he helped to create the physical part of a universe though.
Power Mimicry is the basic power he uses throughout every scan to copy individual Animal Powers

It was decided his Abstract Existence was a sort of Pseudo-Abstract Existence, which comes from being directly grafted/fused with a collection of False/Possibly True Ideal Forms which allow for various forms of immortality.

Cosmic Awareness comes from A. Having learned the comic secrets of creation and B. Being directly grafted into the ideal form of universal life, which allows him to see into the timeless, placeless void before non-existence was there and see the genetic memory of all things, among other stuff.

The Void they were referring to doesnt look like or even implied to be the Overvoid though. It looks like a void of darkness

Yobo Blue said:
Antvasima said:
I agree with Sandman31.

From my understanding, Animal Man cannot copy metahumans or humans except in extreme circumstances
It seems like he can from this respect thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/88wlsu/respect_animal_man_dc_post_crisis/

Back