• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gigantic Animal Man Revision

A shitty revision for a shitty series made by a shitty author. Anyway, as per usual, I'll be adding abilities and providing scans for stuff on profile.

Note: For anyone who doesn't know, the Morphigenic Field/The Red is the animal version of Swamp Thing (Classic)'s Green. Certain parts of this may apply to overall DC cosmology, but for now it's just Animal Man.

Sense Manipulation and Statistics Amplification: Can increase his perception speed tenfold by copying smaller animal powers.

Resistance to Black Hole Creation: Can gain the powers of animals who hunt on Event Horizons

Resistance to Poison Manipulation: Survived a neurotoxi, but was heavily incapacitated

Extrasensory Perception, Psychometry, Cosmic Awareness, Enhanced Senses, Telepathy, Breaking the Fourth Wall, and Information Analysis: Can access many different animals with various forms of senses, as shown above and in this sca. Is connected to all animals. Knows where all the animals he can access come from, and can see the memories of the animals he copies, and can access the DNA of the "infinite varieties of life". Senses everything he kills, and can use the M-Field to find people. Constantly senses all the actions of all animals around him. Can learn the abilities of any living being. Has access to the genetic memory of all things. Learned the three secrets of creation, which gave him knowledge on the plot, continuity/retcons, and the audience. Can smell past events.

Power Mimicry: Obviously. Specifically though, it can be in proportion to his own abilities. He copies skill and emotion as well. He can also copy languages

Camouflage: Can gain the powers of a Chameleo

Status Effect Inducement: Has knockout gas breath

Self-Power Modification: Adjusted his powers to access the Universal Morphogenic Field

Poison Manipulation: Who would have guessed?

Surface Scaling: This

Underwater Breathing: Shown here

Animal Manipulation: Yes

Transformation: Can mimic the metamorphosis of animals to transform

Reality Warping and Creation: Created a universe in order to repair the Red and The Source

Mind Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation: Can wipe away the mental evolution of humanity and forcibly rejoin them to the Red.

Plot Manipulation, Quantum Manipulation, BFR, and Existence Erasure: Pulled Overma into Monitor-Mind The Overvoid. Can exit the panel, which requires a quantum leap into a new state of existence, bring in characters, reach in from outside the panel, and erase people from existence with the panels. This manipulates the boundary of the middle ground between their world and The Writer. His movements take less time because all characters cut away in comic panels.

Acausality: Type 2 and 4. As mentioned above, characters in DC do not actually have memories or pasts, but just exist within their appearances with pasts that are written in. Even within that, Animal Man is a paradoxical existence that defies what should have occurred after the Crisis on Infinite Earths. There are many holes in the continuity of existence, and the memories which are written in do not actually occur. Even versions of The Spectre are bound to this type of continuity. Everytime they are read, their lives play out again, and will continue to play out long as long as they are read, allowing them to persist even after being obliterated by the Crisis and after their creators die. Similarly, things will continue to exist so long as the writer desires to use them for something, such as a philosophical point or dramatic tensio.

Damage Reduction: Can use the powers of a roach to mitigate damage

Instinctive Reaction: His powers can act without conscious thought

Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Body Puppetry: Resisted B'Wana Beast long enough to counteract his powers

Immortality: Type 1, 5, 6, & 8, can easily be brought back by the green aliens, who are emissaries of The Writer, and have understanding of the plot and power over templates made from the M-Field, and use the energies of creation found within the empty void beyond reality which is heavily implied to be the Overvoid, and have control over what stories end. Even things erased by the Crisis on Infinite Earths don't actually die, and superheroes do not age. Can reform a body out of the eggs of animals by quickly hatching a new body out of them. However, the process is flawed and requires his DNA to be there to regenerate his human form, and he can possess animals using the Morphogenetic Field

Resistance to Plot Manipulation: Didn't have his face wiped by a plot anomaly. Can pass through Limbo, where there are no stories.

Likely Pseudo-Abstract Existence (Type 2), Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, and Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2): Animal Man is directly grafted into the Morphogenic Field, a collection of all the Platonic Ideal Forms of all animals and encompasses the implicate order.

Resistance to Existence Erasure: In his second visit to limbo, he entered despite still being in continuity, unlike most individuals there

Weaknesses: Everything he does is preordained by The Writer who supports PETA

With sun-eater powers, he gains the speed to access space B. Either time travel or immeasurable speed.

Non-Physical Interaction and Power Nullification: Can manipulate the M-Field to fire blasts that harm abstract foes and force them to take physical form

Healing: Can heal people

Overlord775 said:
@Yobo

I feel like you forgot to add AP and Speed feats to the revision
I don't really have enough on that, but Far Higher with the Red is a possibility

Well I dont think simply bringing someone to the Overmoniter is tier 0 though since im pretty sure non tier 0s have been to the Overmoniter.

I could be wrong though.

PsychoWarper said:
Well I dont think simply bringing someone to the Overmoniter is tier 0 though since im pretty sure non tier 0s have been to the Overmoniter.
I could be wrong though.
It's not potency - it's range.

Bring someone to a Tier 0 space via BFR would mean you BFR has Tier 0 range.

Well that's Irrelevant range than, so someone would need Irrelevant range or Irrelevant range Teleportation to not be totally BFRd.

And I did look it up and Tier 0s have Irrelevant range.

>fun & games board

Well I guess this is all just jokes upgrade denied

In all seriousness, this seems alright I guess.

Hmm, he might be able to since he has Irrelevant range Teleportation but I could see it not working.

But will the BFR having Irrelevant range be mentioned in range stats?

Reinhard won't be able to teleport back because Animal Man's BFR has a higher Irrelevant range than Reinhard's Irrelevant range.

Back