• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gigantic Animal Man Revision

What a shame, two admins came here and didn't even give their judgement seriously. You both should be more responsible.

The fact that having Acasuality Type 2, and 3, which is literally contridicting itself entirely exists... Phew. Vertigo.

Anyways, agree. Nice to see Animal Man not getting seen as land Aquaman.

I mean, it's arguable that it's just type 4 with a similar function to type 2 and 3, since animal simultaneously doesn't really have a past but will always exist so long as he is read.

Yobo Blue said:
I mean, it's arguable that it's just type 4 with a similar function to type 2 and 3, since animal simultaneously doesn't really have a past but will always exist so long as he is read.
Actually, it's more like there is no past for anyone, since all backstory is a illusion made by the Writer, but you get my point.

I was expecting a stupidly big revision and I got a stupidly big revision that I agree with (I can't believe the unkillable lizard is weaker then someone called Animal Man)

Alot of people will be weaker than Animal Man after this kek.

Dude has BFR that might work on Reinhard.

I dont see why entering Limbo gives you resistance to EE since Limbo doesnt really erase your existence. Its more like if you enter Limbo, you'll be forgotten outside of Limbo but after you leave you'll forget about Limbo. Yeah, its a place with no stories and where forgotten chracters are dumped but I dont think going there means youre resistant to EE

Even things erased by the Crisis on Infinite Earths don't actually die

It didnt said they didnt die or werent erased. They were erased. They were killed during the crisis. Psycho-Pirate remembers the Crisis and the Medusa's Mask allowed him to summon/revive the characters who were killed during the crisis.

and superheroes do not age.

I'm pretty sure the writer is talking metafictionally about why superheroes dont rgrow old, the scan didnt specify Animal Man, just superhoes. We know in story that superheroes do get old. We dont give Superman immortality even though it seems like he havent age since the 1940s or whatever. This seems like what the writer is talking about that, not that theyre immortal in story.

His movements take less time because all characters cut away in comic panels

Same as the one above. This seems more like a comment on how characters in comics cuts to scenes via comic panels.

Anyway, I was kind of unsure what to classify passing through limbo as, since its not something normally achievable without being forgotten

Dont really have time to look at everything since I'm outside right now and I'm typing this on my phone.

Yobo Blue said:
not to mention Animal Man is one big complicated meta fictional plot </div>
And probably written by Grant Morrison while hes on an acid trip or something.

Ironically, I'm fairly certain there's evidence Morrison didn't start taking drugs until after this comic.

Who would have thought an Author doing a bunch of meta bullshit would make making a characters profile difficult ovo.

(Sarcasm)

l will give more inputs soon. Currently, I agree with @Milly that Acausality Type 2 and 3 are contradicting so either it is one or the other is valid not both.

I agree with @Sandman's evalaution toward resistance to EE.

Elizhaa said:
l will give more inputs soon: Curretmly I agree with @Milly that Acausality TYpe 2 and 3 contraditionary so it is one or the other.

I agree with @Sandman's evalaution toward resistance to EE.
Well, no one can actually figure out what it is

Regenerationn possibly at Low-Godly looks to be Immortality Type 6

6: Parasitic: The character is able to attain a sort of immortality by abandoning bodies whenever necessary to transfer their consciousness to another body, whether they are possessing someone else or switching to a backup body.

Post-Crisis Animal Man doesn't have nearly the control over the Red that Swamp Thing has over the Green. Though the New 52 version might actually be better in some respects, Post-Crisis only has power over universal Red, while Swamp Thing is connected to the multiversal Green from my understanding

Yobo Blue said:
Post-Crisis Animal Man doesn't have nearly the control over the Red that Swamp Thing has over the Green. Though the New 52 version might actually be better in some respects
Ah ok then.

PsychoWarper said:
Doesnt he have Regen similar to Swamp Thing? Or will it just be similar Type 8?
From my view, no, it is need better evidence to prove Type 8 Immortality like Swamp Thing (Classic)

8: Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.

Also, is the Immortality Type 6 that I proposed combat applicable at all because I think it is not from the evidence that I saw.

Well, it took less than 24 hours, which makes it somewhat applicable, since that's the minimum time necessary for incap

From my view, no, it is need better evidence to prove Type 8 Immortality like Swamp Thing (Classic)

8: Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.

Ok that makes sense, I was just wandering cause hes also an Avatar like Swamp Thing.

So does anything else need fixing, changing or better explaining?

Cause most of the stuff seems to be ok and could probably be added.

After reading the scans. I don't think Type 3 Acausality is solid. The evidence does not prove that he can survive the destruction of the orginal and have another versions that acts in it place like Lavos or Solaris. I think Type 4 Acausality is fine, for now.

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

Absorption is used as a synonym for copying in many cases. It's clear that he doesn't steal their skill and powers, as he'll sometimes have the animal using their powers right next to him, like in the Surface Scaling scan.

@Yobo Blue, some characters can have both Power Absorption and Power Mimicry but I do understand the confusion. This sca seems to support that he need to absorb animals' powers to use them if not connected to the field. If you think Power Mimicry is correct only, then I will go with your judgment.

Well, I have yet to see a scan that clearly shows Power Absorption, and in the story Absorption is used to refer to his Mimicry quite a bit.

Back