• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 6: Three Houses isn't the only title, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Edelgard was originally going to have an ability to counter Divine Pulse?

During conclusion of the crossing roads in the emperor's thrown room

Edelgard: "Oh so you're approaching me, Instead of running away, you're coming right to me?"

Byleth: "I can't use a Combat Art on you without getting closer."

Edelgard would have become the most powerful of the Three Lords if that went through. And it's kind of fitting to the plot of most routes given that a character would have to be really powerful to be an intimidating antagonist to begin with. Plus, even Dimitri often assumed that his crest was the source of his great strength, but the Crest of Flames is officially the strongest crest in the series. Though, she rarely ever uses it in canon.

1) Rhea should have explained that, and not a dood in an interview.

2) Claude's real name being locked to the paid DLC is ridiculous.

3) Lol at silver snow being the first designed route. The final in that route is so pointless it feels funny, yes, I dont appreciate Rhea randomly going rampage.

4) If Edelgard was meant to be a rival for Byleth they shouldnt have gone the "three houses" route and focus on a single cohessive and long story.

1) I mean yeah, but as we know many things were cut out and simply not explained. We all know that Three Houses was too ambitious for the limited time they had to develop it and many things got cut, likely due to time constraints and there not being enough time to develop it.

2) It wasn't locked behind the paid DLC. The name wasn't even given there. And as they noted it's something that was cut during development for reasons unknown.

3) It's more Silver Snow was basically the groundwork for the other routes (see "conceptualized) and as the other routes got more developed, SS got left in the dust. Hence why things like playable Rhea and Sothis (with growths) being cut when they were likely to appear in Silver Snow.

4) Except that even then, Crimson Flower soon came into development and was a secret route. Just harder to get. In other routes she'd be a rival, but in CF she'd be an ally.

PaChi2 said:
3) Lol at silver snow being the first designed route. The final in that route is so pointless it feels funny, yes, I dont appreciate Rhea randomly going rampage.
I think they wanted Edel to be the final boss for SS but then scratched it up in favor of AM. They said it was the first one to have been conceptualized, not the first made.

Also, with new info, we can say that Adrestian Empire is Italy, Fearghus is France, Garreg Mach is Vatican city, Leicester alliance is basically Switzerland, Almyra is Middle East, Sreng is England/Scandinavian countries.

@Dragon

1-2) Its me ranting over stuff that got cut out.

3) Misunderstood the reply.

4) Im 100% fine with no Crimson Flower and/or Edelgard route if it meant having a more cohessive game. Edelgard isnt even a rival in any route. Edelgard is not fleshed out in any other route than CF. In the rest is just "that evil emperor that we must strike down". That's no rival.

4) Well, remember, this is because the "Edelgard is the rival" thing was cut. She is no longer a "rival" in the final game, that was just the original intent that wasn't able to be expanded on in time. I enjoy the multi-storied nature as it allowed for the player to have such free reign over how the story played out. The thing is more time was required to fit everything they wanted and it simply wasn't granted. So I wouldn't really like it if the whole TH thing was cut as I feel like it adds to the enjoyment of the game for me. If more time was given, we wouldn't have this issue of cut content. That's all.

That's what I hate about rushing content.

They rushed FF XV.

They rushed TH.

The potential was lost. It was there. It really was.

I love both games, tho.

I feel like rushing games is sadly a common thing nowadays. Pokemon SwSh, Three Houses, FFXV, etc. And we see what happens when developers aren't given the time they need to truly finish their product.

At the very least, TH still stole 470 hours of my life despite the state it's in. Now imagine if they were able to add everything they wanted to....

Every business is out to meet an agenda, and unfortunately that takes priority over a Games quality

The only time you'll ever get games where EVERYTHING goes into a product is self reliant Indie Games that donthavd the budget to do much

Dunno if the pokemon games were rushed. It didnt feel like that.

It didnt feel anything, tho.

Chief: "Look, we need an evil guy but the evil team we made is just a bunch of mooks dress up like a metal band. What do we do?"

Composer: "Let's make the chairman evil"

Chief: "Why though?"

Composer: "Dunno, we made a dramatic theme the other day and mister chairman aint got a battle theme"

Chief: "'kay"

Writer: "Is this a joke?"

I'll be honest, SwSh flat out doesn't feel complete to me, it felt like they had ideas, but were rushed into getting the game completed by the holidays, but that's besides the point. Fact is, rushed games hurt the product and the ones actually trying to make a great product.

Back in the day DLCs were optional/extra stuff like costumes.

Right now games are half base, half DLC.

I think SwSh's lack of polish and broken promises are a result of the combination of rushed development, and the fact that they know that they could serve their fans a pile of poop on a plate and they'd still proclaim its excellence. Gamefreak is a multibillion dollar company, yet they refuse to expand their development team, and their statements on why they make the decisions that they do have only gotten stranger and stranger over the years.

For example, Masuda said the reason they've been making their games easier and easier is because "Using smartphones and other devices they [the fans] can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past." He also said that they didn't add the Battle Frontier to ORAS because nowadays gamers get bored or frustrated more easily, and aren't as interested in a challenge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2olmtb/interview_with_masuda_on_oras_and_why_there_is_no/

There are likely many factors from Rushed Development, GameFreak, TPC, etc. I don't believe in having one shoulder the blame, especially when the truth regarding the situation can only be speculated unless we got official documentation.

I'm not trying to blame it on Masuda in particular, I'm just saying that his and Gamefreak's strange statements are indicative of greater problems behind the scenes.

This new director guy for the DLC seems to be doing good work with the dlc though. So hopefully the future is brighter.

"For example, Masuda said the reason they've been making their games easier and easier is because "Using smartphones and other devices they [the fans] can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past."

Me no understand.

"He also said that they didn't add the Battle Frontier to ORAS because nowadays gamers get bored or frustrated more easily, and aren't as interested in a challenge"

Me after playing Dark Souls: Sure, we not interested in challenges.

If people werent interested in challenges nuzlockes wouldnt be a thing.

What the hell is wrong with having at least one OPTIONAL level in the game? Give players the option.

You don't want to alienate players who just want to enjoy the game, so you alienate those that want a fun challenge, who cares if it's unfair.

Games like Armored Core: A mostly really easy game to pick up and play by most, have levels that you don't need to go through to win and only are there to provide challenge to those that want it, and when someone plays a game so much they practically master it, they need those challenges to keep having fun, hell even some RNG isn't that bad. Just give a player something they can enjoy and go "He'll yeah I'm awesome" about.

FDrybob said:
For example, Masuda said the reason they've been making their games easier and easier is because "Using smartphones and other devices they [the fans] can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past."
Dragonmasterxyz said:
So I checked and I am at 470 Hours for TH.
Yeah, you just need to make good games and people are gonna play it a lot. If you produce poop you cannot exactly expect people to play it as much as you wanted.

We cant talk about anything we want.

Which reminds me, which is thr next game you'd like to have remade? The Roy/Eliwood games or the japanese-only ones?

I want binding blade to be remade... I want my boi Roy to appear in a game again in better circumstances

Mangs predicted a Path of Radiance remake being hinted as the next remake. I was hoping for Fire Emblem 4 to be the next one as I'd like to get all the Japan only ones remade. And a lot of classic Fire Emblem fans consider FE4 to be the best of the Japan only ones.

The tellius saga could be ported to the switch...

Like, there are many games before FE9.

I can see Tellius games getting remade and working, but I do agree Genealogy would be excellent.

I've finally finished the entire abilities section of the tabber at the bottom of the template page. Included every ability that is learned by all units (meaning the ones that any unit can learn regardless of strengths or weaknesses), including abilities specific to each accessible class as well as the class mastery abilities for each class.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ArbitraryNumbers/FE3H_character_template_page

Although I still need to work on the weapons/items/battalions/gambits section. What do we do for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back