• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 6: Three Houses isn't the only title, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, did expect a bit more from the one who killed a man of Jeralt's calibur.

Kronya and Solon should have made it to the post time skip and have a map with both of them.

Byleth's transformation could have been triggered by something else.

Or that it happens the same way, but instead of Kronya being sacrificed, a random mook was and instead of being killed, Kronya and Solon got away despite our new power.

Literally all there is to Kronya's character is her killing Jeralt.

And the voice acting in the cutscene where Solon yeets her is pretty mediocre.

@SuperKamiNappa, Linhardt also has Physic. And Flayn has Fortify, which is even better.

So Sitri actually did take up the Eisner name when she married Jeralt and she lived from 1139 to 1159, meaning she was 20 when she married Jeralt and also died at that age, which means she was very young when she died

Fortify aint better than Physics in 95% of the situations.

Less uses, less range. You dont usually need to heal mlre than 2 characters per turn in maddening unless you are going kamikaze.

In fast paced game-play, a lot of characters need to be healed at once. Plus, Flayn has the highest resistance stat in the game; which high resistance is always a great balance for healers.

But that requires putting flayn in the combat territory, somewhere your healer shouldnt be.

Healers are meant to stay away from combat and heal from distance.

Not if she's surrounded by strong fighters and a bunch of gambit users taking out or at least stunning hordes of enemies in large groups.

Yeah, I too hope everyone is safe. I got some friends and family members in the west coast so I hope there safe.

Oh My God... I kept wondering why I remebered Yuri's voice so much, there was just something I couldn't pin down and then I finally looked it up

He's fuqing Alejandro Saab AKA Kaggyfilms... I can't unhear it

Hey, on the bright side, more reason to stay indoors and play another playthrough of Three Houses

I've dedicated 99% of my efforts towards the abilities and combat arts section at the bottom. Going out of my way to include every class, every ability, every combat art, etc.

Yeah, unfortunately some abilities are only available to a select margin of characters in the game, so I won't be able to just copy and paste the template, change the name, and be done with it. I'll actually have to add a few abilities and combat arts for each character profile I make.

By the way, I notice several of DragonMaster's favorite characters are considered underdogs on most game unit analysis. Though he has admitted he's focused on judging them in terms of story character instead of how strong or fast they are as a unit.

It helps that they simply always do extremely well for me that it doesn't really bug me as much as it used to. Caspar and Cyril tend to be two of my strongest units throughout the game so eh (Ironically my Ingrid's always end up terrible for some reason). Although I don't do Maddening so my opinion is meh. But like you said, I just use who I like over how statistically viable they are or considered by the fandom. Tis basically how I am with any game I play.

Well, the thing about Three Houses is everybody can be great if you know how to build them up. But, I recall Caspar, Ignatz, and Ashe are often seen as underdogs among the students.

I'm surprised to consider Caspar one because he's famous for taking out Demonic Beasts with his bare hands and was born to be a Grappler and/or Warmaster. However, Caspar's balance in strength, dexterity, and speeds, is all good. But Felix outclasses him in all three of those and is proficient in brawling much like him. And unlike Caspar, he also has his crest and can use the Aegis Shield to more than make up for defensive short comings.

Ignatz is also someone who's main proficiency is bows, and has a budding talent for magic. But regardless, Golden Deers as enough great archers; Claude and Leonie. And Ashe is considered the weakest person of the Blue Lions because he has the stats meant for a thief, but his proficiency is axes and bows. He ends up being a much weaker version or Petra. Cyril is a great unit even if he can be difficult to train. Although, Seteth is often seen as just as potent without anywhere near as much training needed.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
(Ironically my Ingrid's always end up terrible for some reason)
Ingrid is great if you're willing to use items to boost her strength. Without that, her mediocre strength growth means that in all likelihood she will really struggle to deal damage later on.

Oh yeah, Ingrid is actually quite amazing if you know how to grind her up. She can be quite overpowered as a Falcon Knight. But yeah, I do recommend stacking her up with energy drops. And her strength isn't really That bad, she's it's the same as Bernadetta's and almost as good as Petra and Leonie's.

Ignatz is pretty good for crippling opponents and leaving them vulnerable to your other units' attacks. He learned Break Shot, combine that with Seal Strength and Poison Strike (via mastering Dark Mage) and you've got a pretty busted guy that can do some decent damage, lower two stats, and drain an extra 1/5 of an enemy's health, all in one attack.

Plus he's got the highest base accuracy stat in the game. Combine that with Hit +20 from mastering Archer, and he becomes very useful on maddening mode where every enemy has a much higher dodge rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back