• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: wall of text incoming

Lol what?

Dimitri is the most broken unit of the game. Give him a good lance, use Indech's battalion on him, give him battalion wrath and vantage (+other skills that raise crit chance) and he can solo entire maps.

Hell, he single handedly dealt with the entire right side of Rhea's paralogue even without all the above on Hard mode. While he may have weaknesses, at difference of the other lords, his weaknesses can easily be dealt with. Not that he really needs it considering he dodges everything, tanks everything, crits and oneshots anyone. Magic users are his weakness only if he has low avoid or on maddening. And for maddening, you can use the above to easily deal with them.

Also, I've just reached that point in Crimson Flower where they reveal something spoilers, so uh, Spoilers warning I guess

How do you do spoilers again? Well, I'll just do this in the meantime

Basically, Ailell was created by TWSITD's Nukes. Now, I've checked the calc, and, no, if the only thing that happened was simply heating and melting the ground, it definitely wouldn't have lasted a thousand of years. Most likely, since otherwise it just wouldn't work, the javelins destroyed Earth's crust till the point in which the Mantle's pressure could destroy the rest and reach the surface. No forking way a pool of lava not connected to the mantle wouldn't solidify after a thousand years. Also, am I the only one remembering some statement about the fact that whatever hit Ailell was initially meant to hit the holy tomb but it got deflected by Sothis' power or something while she was still sleeping? Or am I imagining stuff?

For the route order, Blue Lions needs to be first. It's the simplest and most classic route, and White Clouds kinda builds up the Flame Emperor to be the main villain ever since chapter 2. It's also the route that handles the reveal of the Flame Emperor the best, easily. As someone who played GD first, that reveal came out so much out of the blue I legit thought it was just TWSITD using the same magic they used to make Solon look like Thomas to masquerade themselves and create Chaos and mistrust. Only at her speech with the army I realized it was the real deal lol

For second route, it's a bit hard. I'd suggest playing Golden Deers, as it reveals most of the lore mentioned but not expanded on BL, and Claude is best boi. The problem is that GD is extremely polarizing, showing Edelgard as just bad and Rhea as just good. BL doesn't really do that since Rhea has basically 0 screen time after the timeskip, and Dimitri was willing to forgive her at the end of the route. After GD, then play Crimson Flower to keep Silver Snow last, both because it's technically the hardest route due to not having a lord and because it's identical to Golden Deers.

I will say Dimitri is the lord I relate to the most IRL; I even kind of look like Dimitri

FE3H-Tier DDM
Decided to make my own character list. It was really difficult, and it's judged based on a combination of the character's personalities and stories as well as their in game units. Except for the ones who aren't playable as they're judged based on story.

Don't get me wrong, I love Raphael, but the problem is that the slow tank type character's aren't quite the most useful in gameplay; especially when fighting against strong magic type enemies. And while I did enjoy his support conversations, but not anywhere near as much as other character's like Caspar's or Bernadetta's. And he's quite literally the slowest unit in the game looking at the stat caps.

The #1 spot was no surprise, and I'll note that the website I used apparently forgot to include a Cyril portrait. And the reason the Tier list was so hard to make was because I simply love every single character in Three Houses.

Why is Rodrigue's picture taken as if it were a selfie done wrong? Lol

KobsterHope07 said:
You guys know this was eventually coming
"Ohoho, you are approaching me instead of running?"

"I can't KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM without getting closer"

"Oh, then come as close as you like"

Or something like that. I dont know the quote word by word.

This is is the highest for each stat for reference.

• Raphael takes HP
  • Dimitri takes Strength
  • Lysithea takes Magic Power
  • Claude takes Dexterity
  • Petra takes Speed
  • Ignatz takes luck till one of the 4 remaining unknown DLC character's takes his spot
  • Dedue takes defense
  • Flayn takes resistance
  • Byleth takes Charm
  • And Sothis would have taken Magic Power, Luck, and Resistance and tied with Byleth in charm if she was playable.

True, that would have fit his personality. Though, Edelgard is the one who mainly leads Battalians, so it makes sense for her to be the highest in that regard. But Claude should at least have more charm than Dimitri. Though the cap is only different by 1, with both base and growths being the same.

I wish Sothis and Rhea were playable, heck, I wish every route-specific NPC was playable (Rodrigue, Judith, Nader, Ladislava and Randolph,...)

Idc if Rodrigue has to "leave the party" later on in BL, being a part 2 only character means that you already have a settled team. Heck, you can change his death with a "mortal wound", make him unable to participate the next month and let him rejoin afterwards.

And by the time Gilbert is recruited, you already have an entire army of stronger units generally speaking.

PaChi2 said:
I wish Sothis and Rhea were playable, heck, I wish every route-specific NPC was playable (Rodrigue, Judith, Nader, Ladislava and Randolph,...)
Judging by the fact that you can hack in playable versions of Sothis, Rhea, Jeralt, and others, that was probably the plan at some point. I think it's pretty clear that the game was rushed. They probably didn't think it would be worth the backlash if they delayed it again. Still my favorite game of 2019, but it could've used at least a couple extra months to smooth over the graphics and add some polish to some of the routes.

@RTX Dimitri, Felix, Catherine, Seteth, Lysithia, Petra, and several others. Also Byleth.

PaChi2 said:
Idc if Rodrigue has to "leave the party" later on in BL, being a part 2 only character means that you already have a settled team. Heck, you can change his death with a "mortal wound", make him unable to participate the next month and let him rejoin afterwards.
We got Jeritza so fingers crossed we can at least get Judith as DLC

The DLC characters do have official ages, height, classes, and crests. And by the looks of it, they look like they're just more students given they all have "Noble" as their starting class unless you recruit them later.

Though, that doesn't quite mean there could be even more. But I'm more focused on the idea of all three lords potentially uniting over getting new characters.

We don't know who launches the Javelins of Light, aside from the fact that we do know it is TWSITD. But it is perhaps Thales, and makes most sense for him to be the one.

If the fight took place in Shambala, then yeah, Thales would be able to use them, but since he would need to bring the entirety of Shambala with him it's not exactly combat applicable

TriforcePower1 said:
If the fight took place in Shambala, then yeah, Thales would be able to use them, but since he would need to bring the entirety of Shambala with him it's not exactly combat applicable
We can add them with a note that mentions that he needs prep time.

By the way, I noticed Linhardt has discovered a way to remove the duel crests if she's engaged with Lysithia

And her hair being turned a normal color; I wonder if the same thing happens with Edelgard if Linhardt marries her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back