• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their hair color stays the same, since in the S support, its the same.

Also, would Edelgard's lifespan be shortened from her dual crests? Both of her crests grant longevity.

Byleth is in Smash, I'm so happy

All my friends hate it and are giving me sh*t, but I'm happy 😂

Oh yeah Byleth in Smash; and more DLC content; the other 4 DLC characters were revealed.

The new full route comes out in the spring, the side quest probably recruits the 4 students to your house but I think they might be a requirement to find the 5th route.

Imma make a Dimitri-only run in NG Maddening BL. Of course he'll be a bow knight.

Aimed set up: Battallion wrath + Bt vantage + Hit+20/lancefaire/Lance or bow 5/ Lance or bow ch+10/ close quarters/ mov +1

Felix's paralogue batallion, btw, for maximun critical power.

Around: 20 (batallion) + 50 (bt wrath) + 25/35 (killer weapon) + 10 (skill)

The progression should be: learning bow + authority until he reaches A in Authrority or C in Bow. Switch Bow with Sword and Auth with Horse. When he reaches C in swords switch back to bow.

The aimed route: Noble > myrmidon > Archer > Assassin > Bow knight.

Rtxthegamer said:
Also, would Edelgard's lifespan be shortened from her dual crests? Both of her crests grant longevity.
I think so. She develops physically over the timeskip unlike Byleth. Plus, the reason having two crests lowers your lifespan is because the human body cannot handle the strain of having two of them. I don't think having eternal youth would change that, and the way she acts certainly seems to imply that she's in a huge rush.

Also 4 new Advanced classes with their tentative names being, Trickster, War Monk, Dark Flier, and Valkyrie, and two additional Hero's Relics; Glad to see HR Gauntlets. The the new accessory doesn't look that impressive unless there's something other than just movement +1

When my friend says F*ck Byleth, and that they hate them because of Smash... Yet they've never played Three Houses and literally know nothing about the actual character barring their desig
Sans Face
Ok...

One "off topic" question:

What are the differences between male Byleths and female ones? Rumors say the female species were better but it could be due to the speakers themselves.

Jasonsith said:
One "off topic" question:

What are the differences between male Byleths and female ones? Rumors say the female species were better but it could be due to the speakers themselves.
You mean, aside from the exclusive classes?

Females can recruit Sylvain asap.

Yeah, female is better overall due to recruiting Sylvian faster and there are more LGBT female characters than there are male. As for classes, females have the Pegasus riding classes (Which are sub-par with Wyverns) and the Gremories, which are the best magic class in the game. + Two new DLC classes being Dark Fliers and Valkyries. Males can be the brawling classes, which are awesome but not the absolute best, and the Dark Mages/Dark Bishops, which are slightly better than Mages/Warlocks but still below Gremories. However, Byleth I still keep as Enlightened One.

I think Male Byleth's design fits the characters purpose more, while yes, female Byleth is cute and definitely a waifu, her face shows too much emotion, the male shows the emotionlessness better

The "Emotional face" did make the mourning of Jeralt scene better for instance. And it really depends on the costume; Female Byleth does look better with the Sothis Regalia. Though, I will say Male Byleth looks cool with Servant attire and glasses.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, female is better overall due to recruiting Sylvian faster and there are more LGBT female characters than there are male. As for classes, females have the Pegasus riding classes (Which are sub-par with Wyverns) and the Gremories, which are the best magic class in the game. + Two new DLC classes being Dark Fliers and Valkyries. Males can be the brawling classes, which are awesome but not the absolute best, and the Dark Mages/Dark Bishops, which are slightly better than Mages/Warlocks but still below Gremories. However, Byleth I still keep as Enlightened One.
Gremory is not the best magical class. It's the most versatile, though. Deffensive mages prefer Bishop or Holy Knight. Bishop grants more healing and Holy Knight better mobility. Since you wont use those mages in the frotlines you dont mind losing x2 anima magic.

Dark Bishop is worse than warlock in everyone except Hubert. Hubert's best class is Dark Knight anyway, so no problem.

Dark Fliers may become the absolute best class.

The brawling classes are good. Both Brawler and War Master can be good endgame picks for physical units. They basically one-round everything, even most dark beasts.

PaChi2 said:
Gremory is not the best magical class. It's the most versatile, though. Deffensive mages prefer Bishop or Holy Knight. Bishop grants more healing and Holy Knight better mobility. Since you wont use those mages in the frotlines you dont mind losing x2
Holy Knights really aren't that great. White tomefaire is pretty much useless for all default faith users except Marianne. And it lacks any Recovery+ skills. Gremory is a much better class for healers. They usually have physic anyway so HKs movement isn't that helpful

I mean, the only good Holy Knight is Marianne.

Most mages have hard issues reaching A in horse and lance.

Ingrid wouldn't be too bad as a Holy Knight. She has Seraphim to take advantage of White Tomefaire, 2/3 relevant proficiencies, and from my experience she has excellent magic even if she never sees a magic class.

Edit: She would still be better as a Paladin or Falcon Knight though

Gremories have double uses for both Faith and Reason, so they have twice as many Physics and Fortifies. And extra high magic also increases how far they can Warp people; like Lysithia can teleport people super far. Also, the main difference between Dark Bishop and Warlock is that DB has a bit higher base stats for power. Though they do learned different abilities. Also, healers aren't meant to be front line and ranged healing is better.

I also never really cared much for Holy Knights, but I do agree Hubert makes a great Dark Knight. Ingred's main class is that of a Falcon Knight. She'd be a great Assassin due to her excellent speed and proficiency in swords though. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Warmasters like Caspar and Felix; though I really wish Catherine and Edelgard could be War Masters. But gauntlets are mostly sub-par with Brave Weapons and Thunderbrand in terms of damage; (though they're at least light and have high durability/usage) and Wyvern Lords are even better than War Masters. They can also use gauntlets when dismounted.

In general, offensive mages do better as Dark Knights due to mobility, while support or mixed mages should be kept as Gremories.

Assuming they don't have terrible growth rates and stats, that will probably be the case. Flying is absolutely overpowered in this game since you can mount or dismount without using up your movement or seriously impairing your stats. In effect fliers have no weakness, and to top it off Wyvern Lords have some of the best growth rates of any class.

Dark Fliers have + 20% Health, +10% Speed, Resistance, and Charm, and no losses.

Ingrid is a wild card. She can easily be RNG screwed, that's why I made her a dancer.p

Isn't that theoretically something that could happen to anyone; or even RNG screw everyone around them?

Thing is, the only stats she can normally be screwed are Str and defense, she has high overall growths otherwise.

The problem is that strength is arguably the most important stat for a physical unit. That's why I don't rate her as top-tier. Without being boosted, she struggles to do any substantial damage with normal weapons by mid Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back