• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 6: Three Houses isn't the only title, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, quick question:

I'm working on a profile for Linhardt. Which skills and abilities should we add or not give him? It doesn't make sense to give him Swordfaire on his profile, for example, because he's not known to be proficient with swords in canon. Do we just give him all of the skills he has as an enemy, or all of his level up skills as well?

Given that Three Houses is much more diverse than other FE games in that anyone can be almost any class, Three Houses would typically wield a great variety of abilities. However, I'd say that Linhardt's healing routes are his main, along side black magic for self defense.

Should we revise the Awakening and Fates characters with a similar 'Optional' section based on class changing?

Ever since we started doing 3H profiles its felt strange to me that we've left them pretty bare bones with how much detail we've given the new cast.

@ArbitraryNumbers.

Give him everything from when he was an enemy along with those you can find on his most likely canon route progression, I.e probably Noble -> Monk -> Priest -> Bishop

I think giving optional abilities to characters (in a separate key/tab obviously) is fine.

About that, since Byleth doesn't have a canon class progression, shouldn't we just give him everything someone can more or less realistically get in a single play through?

We cant do that.

Because its 100% arbitrary what "realistic" means in this context.

We either give Byleth every ability they can access in a playthrough or we dont give them anything.

Byleth does have Enlighten One as a main class for sure, and the Cindered Shadows story did have Sword and Faith being Byleth's main skills. So having Mercanary, Swordmaster, and Priest/Cleric skills all make sense.

I mean, yeah, the most you can give them is EO + Cindered Shadows.

But none of that is even close to relevant for the profile.

I'm just going to add all of Linhardt's level up magic arts bc he's a mage. We'll add all the optional ones later.

Next question, when we make a profile for Flayn, are we going to call it "Saint Cethleann", or just Flayn?

Flayn is her more prominent name; like Son Goku vs Kakarot and her display name while playable. So I'd go with Flayn.

Okay then.

So it seems that we're going with the "give every character every skill/ability/combat art that they can possibly get" idea. I think it would still do good to specify which fields the characters are best at specializing in, and the ones they characters are less proficient in (i.e. putting asterisks next to all of the Brawling and Flying skills that Hubert gets).

So I did a character sorter for my favorite Three Houses characters and these were my rankings.

1.Edelgard

2.Seteth

3.Claude

4.Dimitri

5.Lysithea

6.Felix

7.Dorothea

8.Hilda

9.Marianne

10.Flayn

11.Linhardt

12.Bernadetta

13.Sothis

14.Annette

15.Ferdinand

16.Lorenz

17.Rhea

18.Caspar

19.Ashe

20.Petra

21.Ingrid

22.Leonie

23.Shamir

24.Alois

25.Hubert

26.Raphael

27.Sylvain

28.Hanneman

29.Catherine

30.Mercedes

31.Dedue

32.Manuela

33.Ignatz

34.Cyril

35.Gilbert

What do y'all think? I'm honestly surprised by some of my rankings.

Have no idea yet, I haven't played enough with them, only Cindered Shadows and the beginning of White Clouds

I'm liking them a lot though

Here's mine.

1. Marianne

2. Constance

3. Claude

4. Dimitri

5. Ingrid

6. Annette

7. Lysithea

8. Ferdinand von Aegir

9. Yuri

10. Sylvain

11. Felix

12. Flayn

13. Seteth

14. Bernadetta

15. Ashe

16. Linhardt

17. Dedue

18. Dorothea

19. Petra

20. Shamir

21. Sothis

22. Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

23. Hilda

24. Hapi

25. Ignatz

26. Mercedes

27. Balthus

28. Caspar

29. Edelgard

30. Hubert

31. Alois

32. Jeritza

33. Anna

34. Catherine

35. Rhea

36. Raphael

37. Hanneman

38. Manuela

39. Cyril

40. Leonie

41. Thales

42. Gillbert

43. Solon

44. Kronya

Marianne is cute, but as a unit; she's kinda sub-par with other healers like Mercedes and Flayn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back