• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 6: Three Houses isn't the only title, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Soooooo, here are back with yet another discussion thread.

Previous one here, fyi.

Anyway, let's talk about whatever we want regarding the franchise, but remember to stay civil and be polite. And to flood the thread with memes.

Fire Emblem- Ferdinand Von Aegir Edition

Ferdinand von Aegir: Ferdinand edition.

You get 2 Ferdinand plushies as well as a CD with "I am Ferdinand von Aegir" on loop for 99 hours AND a Ferdinand steelbook!

That sounds dope, I want it^

Do I get a special Ferdiniand Seal to become the special Ferdinand Class, it increases all growth rates by 100%

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
That sounds dope, I want it^
Do I get a special Ferdiniand Seal to become the special Ferdinand Class, it increases all growth rates by 100%
That as well as the Chalice of Ferdinand von Aegir that gives anyone counterattack and vantage.

On another note, I started another playthrough... that Chalice is actually broken as hell, I really love the Abyss and DLC

I think I deserve New Game+ after playing 4 previous different playthroughs and then started a 5th one, I put in hard work and earned that sh*t

I wish it was his post time-skip appearance. Ferdiniand Von Aegir looks good with long hair.

By the way, do we consider Vantage as game mechanics? Because that thing is relatively OP, but I'm not sure how it would be translated in here (especially since it's independent of speed).

I think it should be considered a speed amp to some extent, but calling it an automatic first strike would be game mechanics/NLF territory.

It lets you make all your actions passive for an instant.

Yes.

Im dead serious.

or maybe not.

Why does Claude have superhuman lifting strength? Pretty sure only Dimitri and Edelgard has that. Not that it really matters

All Fire Emblem characters have superhuman lifting strength.

Player says he hates her and doesn't understand why how anyome could side with her, first of all, it's a video game, real life morals and stakes don't really have to appy, I mean yeah she's easily the darkest of the 3 lords and definitely the grayest possible character, but she's been manipulated and totured, and had her entire family murdered when she was a child, so no duh, she feels the entire world needs to change, and for why I can see her point of view, it's simple really

I love Edelgard more than the world that stands against her

I don't think everyone has superhuman lifting strength in FE. I mean just look at Claude and Lysithea. Lysithea struggles to carry even a few logs, and Claude himself said that he is incapable of carrying a table.

Those are commonly passed as PIS. And plenty of characters have been shown to leap several stories high, which should be no lower than Class 1. It's kind of like how Kenshin has been knocked out when he tried to carry a barrel of rice, yet he can leap several stories high with a large man on his back regularly in the heat of battle. Also, wresting Demonic Beats should be something.

It's a common thing with this game. Edelgard and Rhea are the two who are hit waay to hard by this logic of "we gotta demonize the other" mentality and the whole "we can't see how people can justify siding or sympathizing with X due to Y and Z". I find it funny how we finally got a legitimately morally gray story where everyone but the Agarthans have that moral gray nature and all fans can do is argue over whose a morally black or white character.

Dimitri can also be argued as getting hit in the crossfire. And he can also be seen as a second Rhea; in which he just assumes Edelgard was the one who started the tragedy of Duscar when she was just an innocent child at the time and couldn't have... But yeah, he's also had it rough.

I think Dimitri gets it less as he eventually learns that Edelgard wasn't the one who started the Tragedy and that he actually went to reconcile with her. So while he gets it. He doesn't get it nearly as bad as Edelgard or Rhea who I think are still the two most divisive characters in the game due to their actions being the ones most blatantly controversial.

I agree with those at least on his own route. But if you looks at the Church and Golden Deers route, he dies a very tragic and depressing death. Which is so tragic, even the good gentleman Dedue became fueled by vengeance.

I'm glad both Rhea and Edelgard were both morally gray, it made it extremely hard to pick a side and fight the other when I first picked Black Eagles

Both are pretty bad at their worse and lovable at their best, only thing everyone can truly agree on is that Claude is probably the best intentioned person of the main characters

Dude was good throughout the whole game

Yeah and unlike the others, while he had a rough childhood, Claude didn't have some traumatic experience to put all that "darkness" inside him. (Edelgard and the experiments and death of her siblings, Rhea and the massacre of her entire species, their bones becoming weapons, hearts becoming crest stones and blood being used for crests and death of her mother and Dimitri with the Tragedy of Duscur)

Claude had a very rough childhood. (Abusive parents, was an outsider, had multiple attempts on his life) but I wouldn't say it's as traumatic as the other lords

Yeah, Claude's charming and laid back personality is suppose to hide the fact that he's actually one of the most level headed characters in the game.

Just found out Sothis's Physical Body in the story is the age of 9, always thought she was like 12 to 13

This makes people who consider her a waifu even more... well...

Creepy

I do not recall that anywhere... And I know she's only 135 cm tall, but it's her hair is what's really attractive.

Also, Waifu's doing have to be a sexual thing.

I heard about it from someone, I don't know the truth of the credibility, so I can't say for sure if it's true, but it does make things awkward if it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back