• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Thread 58: Shirts are going off and Frieza is a huge fodder now

Status
Not open for further replies.
the second sentence you typed was my point. A character starts off being a character with having an uninteresting backstory, on top of being unlikeable,only to have a great character arc can happen, and it does happen more than you think in fiction.

"Sacrificing myself for others. I kinda like how human that is"

I love this line so much for some reason. Just the absurdity of it.

17's a robot that wants to be like a human, but in a chill, nonchalant manner than most versions of the trope which are angsty and edgy.

Ryukama said:

17's a robot that wants to be like a human, but in a chill, nonchalant manner than most versions of the trope which are angsty and edgy.
TFW I was wondering why this post didn't show up in this thread, only to realize I accidentally posted in a completely different thread.

Apparently Cal's not the only drunk one -_-

Theglassman12 said:
and it does happen more than you think in fiction.
You're doing it again. No, it doesn't happen more than I think in fiction. You don't know what I think. I just explained to you that it doesn't matter if it's common.

Why was 17 literally the best character in this tournament. He may not have the most elimations but he's been trying harder and doing better then any thought possible.

You think they were planning to kill off 17 since the beginning and that's why we got so much of him?

Ryukama said:

Thing is, though, is he's a cyborg. Gero's programming/brain washing must have really done a number on him.

Jiren is far above a regular hakaishin based on today's showings. If he is not above G.o.D level in general, then he is definitely at peak G.o.D level.

@Ovrhide

Yeah i think so but it's possible Beerus and Belmod could be referring to Jiren's true power though it's quite unlikely.

And Beerus is still much stronger then Jiren if you take into account the manga since he's stronger then six GoDs where as Jiren is only stronger then one.

What if Belmod was this evildoer who now regrets his actions?

@Ryukama

If that were the case, Belmod would probably be a bit fine with it seeing as how he unintentionally led Jiren to become the strongest fighter in Universe 11 and considering a GoD's need for little empathy i think he's pretty fine.

"Guys, calm down. Jiren still got 4 episodes. Y'all might end up cheering for him when you hear his back story. XD"

- AKM 6 days ago

RIP 17.

TFW Jiren called Belmod by his name, without adding "sama"

Badassery level over NINE THOUSAAAAAANND!

TurboTriangle601 said:
@Ovrhide

Yeah i think so but it's possible Beerus and Belmod could be referring to Jiren's true power though it's quite unlikely.

And Beerus is still much stronger then Jiren if you take into account the manga since he's stronger then six GoDs where as Jiren is only stronger then one.
I'm quite familiar with the manga, and beerus was not shown to be the strongest, but rather one of the top three, along with belmod and quitela. So beerus is on par with belmod. Who is superior is unknown tho.

So after all this buildup, all this hype, Jiren, the effective "final boss" of the series (currently), is, in fact, just another generic flying brick (with a batman backstory to boot) who's only ability is to punch and shoot beams that are "strongererer and hardererer" than anyone else, not through actions per say, (all these climactic fights are basically the same save for different after effect filters on the attacks, punches "feel" the same, rocks and mountains are destroyed in the same way they were back during Goku vs Vegeta 1.0, etc,) but through the peanut gallery constantly telling you they're the strongest... ya know... just like with Friza... and Cell... and Buu... and~

I really hope this series does in fact end next month, it hit the power ceiling decades ago, and it's halfway decent writing died with Dragon Ball, just let it rest in peace Toei, you still have One Piece to milk endlessly.

It's impressive how they made Jiren lame in design, power and background story, even damn 14 years old kid can throw backstory such as this for a character

Jiren made two fighters from U7 accidentally kill themselves and the GP is useless as always

Frieza is the joke of the show now, seriously ring him out already

RIP the MVP of this arc #17 <\3

Ryukama said:
I hate how much they're nerfing Jiren. What happened to the guy who stared away the Spirit Bomb? What happened to the guy who only slightly changed his expression when Ultra Instinct hit him? What happened to the guy who Vados said doesn't have the weakness of being caught off guard? Now he's getting wounded by 17 cause he was off guard.

@Ever Very bland and generic, but much better than nothing. Personally I'd prefer perhaps that Jiren used to be evil, did things he wasn't proud of, but eventually reformed. So he wants to use his wish as his ultimate redemption.
DBS have multiple writers "yay just like Marvel and DC" so no wonder one episode he looks so strong and one episode he looks like having troubles with even regular SSB Goku

Toei made Jiren way too OP in the special episode, glaring the spirit bomb back and being in the GoD even while massive holding back is just ridiculous

He's still OP as hell even now tho, he's at full power and kicking everybody like hey are nothing

So, anyone think they are gonna revive 17 if they win. Not exactly by the Super Dragon Balls, but the regular DBs.

It would make the sacrifice less special, but it's not like they haven't done this before.

Some evil-doer killed Jiren's parents and because of that he trained and became strong. Meanwhile Goku and Vegeta are fighting on the same team the guy who killed their parents and their entire race

Ryukama said:
I hate how much they're nerfing Jiren. What happened to the guy who stared away the Spirit Bomb? What happened to the guy who only slightly changed his expression when Ultra Instinct hit him? What happened to the guy who Vados said doesn't have the weakness of being caught off guard? Now he's getting wounded by 17 cause he was off guard.

@Ever Very bland and generic, but much better than nothing. Personally I'd prefer perhaps that Jiren used to be evil, did things he wasn't proud of, but eventually reformed. So he wants to use his wish as his ultimate redemption.
Its from our standpoint rediculious but jiren is fighting 3 a 4 characters at the same time that are minimum blue level tier (and not only hand to hand, ki blast overall the place). Thats insane. Jiren did tanked a kaioken times 20 knee in his face (back then he was caught off guard already, before vados statement.

I agree with you he looked not that strong considered he was suppressed against Goku back then, powering up seems like powering down. I still think he isn't at full power yet. He will release it against mastery UI Goku.

And btw what the hell is wrong with Whis. Did he lost his tongue? </div>

Damn, Lapis exploding and sacrificing himself has really created powerscaling problems within this site.

Anyway, still respect him for what he did XD

AKM sama said:
Damn, Lapis exploding and sacrificing himself has really created powerscaling problems within this site.
Anyway, still respect him for what he did XD
There are many powerscaling problems with DB before 17's sacrifice. The whole arc and writing of TOP has too many problems regarding powerscaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back