• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Thread 58: Shirts are going off and Frieza is a huge fodder now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I was so annoyed when they made 17 match SSB MONTHS! ago but oh boy I grew so fond of him through this entire arc, who would have guessed he will be such great character in one arc

Major respect to my boi 17 <3

Truly the MVP ~

And base Vegeta will out-perform SSBKKx20 Goku and Hit in the next episode. :^)

Get ready for some Buu saga stuff.

He explicitly sacrificed himself for the sake of Goku and Vegeta. And his main reasons for entering the tournament was to pay Goku back for helping save his park and so his universe doesn't get destroyed. The boat is only what he'd use the Super Dragon Balls for. Which then he cares more about spending quality time with his family than the actual boat itself.

I can respect all that, but I still can't respect a wish for a boat. Next time, use the regular dragon balls for a boat.

Jiren's story was actually more traumatic and darker than Batman's backstory. Then again, it could be argued that Batman's backstory was never really as dark as people make it out to be considering he still had a lot of money and a butler; where as Jiren had nothing.

I mean, the thing is, what else would 17 had wished for with the Super Dragon Balls? He had no real goals and that was literally all he wanted. He just wanted to spend time with his family. Also the guy lacks a Dragon Radar and isn't in contact with Bulma and doesn't even talk to 18 much due to his job. Hhe barely had time for the 48 minute tournament.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Jiren's story was actually more traumatic and darker than Batman's backstory. Then again, it could be argued that Batman's backstory was never really as dark as people make it out to be considering he still had a lot of money and a butler; where as Jiren had nothing.

My problem is not the darkness itself, but the fact that he gets too strong over the darkness.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This comes as a surprise, but Vegeta is one of the true heroes here; he wants to revive all of the other universes.

Actually just his family and race, but otherwise, I agree.

but under the condition he had the wish, couldn't he have wished for something much more considerate for many other people and families (regardless of if he had a relationship/cared for any of those people/families,) such as reviving as many people as Zeno would allow, and then think about himself and his family, using the regular dragon balls to wish for a boat.

Megamangohan said:
so then why was he so determined to get this far without much of a wish.
To pay back Goku and make sure his universe doesn't get destroyed. As Dragon said the boat is basically just a bonus.

I know it won't happen but I wish they acknowledge the fusion as one solution to this situation, looking back this would been the perfect chance for fusion in DBS, too bad they wasted it on Zamasu

TBH I want a Goku and Vegeta fusion to legitamately lose to someone stronger than them. Every instance of Vegito or Gogeta appearing they either curbstomp, or would've curbstomped had they not been arrogant and gotten defused.

Ryukama said:
TBH I want a Goku and Vegeta fusion to legitamately lose to someone stronger than them. Every instance of Vegito or Gogeta appearing they either curbstomp, or would've curbstomped had they not been arrogant and gotten defused.
Vegito wasn't doing to good with killing Zamasu. He hit him with a 100 percent Final Kamehameha and Zamasu ate it like it was nothing.

That Final Kamehameha drained so much power that Goku and Vegeta couldn't turn SSB after defusing so yeah Vegito tried to end it with that beam.

@Poinciana1971 I am aware Vegito is kinda useless at this point but it should still provide power up, Vegito had very shitty show in the anime but in the manga, he was totally stomping

@Jullian tell that for Kefla lol, Vegito was nerfed as hell with both power and time limit for some reason but Kefla get MASSIVE power boost with no drain back from what we saw

The anime ruined Vegito for me to be honest, I am not even sure I want to see him again, I was just saying the anime should make some logical comment for once

Kefla doesn't count, as her potara earrings where powered up with a dose of Plot-Induced Stupidity. So clearly it would be superior.

I just miss the whole Goku x Vegeta boost it was implied to be back in DBZ and even the Daizenshuu.

>headcano

That how we deal with everything in DBS

It doesn't make sense tho, going by DBZ even base Vegito should way stronger than both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta but for some reason, he can't beat Zamasu who was having troubles with Goku and Vegeta even at SSB, this like saying SSJ3 Vegito would have troubles with Buuhan

At least the manga handle it the right way

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
Kefla doesn't count, as her potara earrings where powered up with a dose of Plot-Induced Stupidity. So clearly it would be superior.

I just miss the whole Goku x Vegeta boost it was implied to be back in DBZ and even the Daizenshuu.
Actually, Kefla being that powerful make more sense than Vegito having troubles with freaking Zamasu who got his ass kicked by the wonder boy Trunks LOL

Holy shit tho Kefla shows everything wrong with freaking DBS from asspull to broke power scaling to unexplained transformations to shitty fan service

Yeah I agree. Vegito and his power was handled very well in the manga.

It makes sense that Vegito Blue would have been GoD tier at that point. Too bad no such comment is made in the anime.

Honestly i don't really like the A X B thing in the slightest seeing as Vegetto doesn't need to be that strong to effortlessly humilate Boohan in his Super Saiyan form.

Vegito's whole point is just for hype tho, in the manga he give Zamasu the Buuhan treatment but just before he can finish him he loses his fusion because he's way too powerful

The anime was horrible tho, they even made him use a freaking move from the games, "final Kamehameha" and he still did nothing LOL

In my opinion the manga makes some stupid choices like having Kibito fight Zamasu, Infinite Zamasu not existing, etc. but it handles powerscaling far better than the anime overall. It also gave Jiren a personality far before the anime did, and without having one of the most generic backstories ever.

I agree that the manga does indeed have poor choices, but it also has good ones such as the powerscaling and Jiren.

ZERO7772 said:
Vegito's whole point is just for hype tho, in the manga he give Zamasu the Buuhan treatment but just before he can finish him he loses his fusion because he's way too powerful

The anime was horrible tho, they even made him use a freaking move from the games, "final Kamehameha" and he still did nothing LOL
Well I mean, he was gonna use it in the manga but he ran out of time.

Anyway I personally like Vegito in the anime better. It's much better for me to see Vegito(Or Gogeta) struggle against someone instead of just lolstomping them. Gives the sense that the person is actually a threat.

ZERO7772 said:
In the manga Zamasu was much weaker than in the anime. And Zamasu in the anime stomped both Goku and Vegeta MULTIPLE TIMES. He took Goku's and Vegeta's full power punches like nothing.

He was very cocky too and underestimated them like many other villains. Zamasu stomping Goku 2 minutes ago and then having a problem is so much PIS.

Zamasu is so underestimated here... IZ exists in the manga as thousand Merged Zamasu's.

Wasn't the reason Merged Zamasu was so powerful was because of Black's Zenkais and Future Zamasu's immortality basically giving Zenkai's everytime he's hit?

Wonder why Toyotarou left that out.

I'm pretty sure Goku Black was vastly more powerful than both Goku and Vegeta in SSB combined when they fused. But sadly Future Zamasu wasn't nearly as strong which seemed to have made Fusion Zamasu slightly weaker than Vegito during the Future Trunks Saga.

Ryukama said:
In my opinion the manga makes some stupid choices like having Kibito fight Zamasu, Infinite Zamasu not existing, etc. but it handles powerscaling far better than the anime overall. It also gave Jiren a personality far before the anime did, and without having one of the most generic backstories ever.
Where can I read this chapter? I cant find it on my usual manga sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back