• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Thread 58: Shirts are going off and Frieza is a huge fodder now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final villain Frieza who's been hiding his ki in the background, planning to use Goku to overthrow Jiren. This was his plan from the start, "I'm going to need you to keep working for me".

Which is a shame, UI probably isn't a transformation he can turn on or off, or even become permanent.

Unite My Rice said:
Final villain Frieza who's been hiding his ki in the background, planning to use Goku to overthrow Jiren. This was his plan from the start, "I'm going to need you to keep working for me".

Which is a shame, UI probably isn't a transformation he can turn on or off, or even become permanent.
Im more in line with freeza wining do to being the last one standing, while both jiren and goku knock each other out.

I hope Goku and Jiren accidentally knock Frieza out as he has some big speach.

I like how we actually acknowledged how drained Goku and Vegeta are instead of giving them infinite stamina again. Also, how did Goku go Blue when he himself had little to no power and Vegeta's last bit energy isn't even enough to allow Vegeta to go SSJ?

Okay episode, I guess. The bit with Vegeta was very touching, but I still can't get over how disappointing Jiren is. It's basically been cemented in that the core of Jiren's identity is that he disbelieves in the idea of trust. Yawn! As shallow and one-dimensional as Jiren has been this whole arc, there was still always a lot of potential simply because we knew next to nothing.There were countless directions they could have gone with him. But now that they've actually gone with a particular direction, it's a boring one.

It was also the last thing I expected. Jiren is someone with trust issues? Really? I was hoping for him to be the strictly heroic and righteous type (like Superman) mixed in with stoism. It would have made the whole arc interesting, because it would have been two good (likeable) guys who are forced to fighting each other. I know Jiren is still technically a good guy, but I think the writers are deliberately making him unlikable/antagonistic so it's easier for us to root for Goku.

I would have prefered the opposite. I would have prefered them making it difficult for us to root for. As in between Goku, the guy we all grow up watching and made our childhood vs. a guy who could have been someone fighting for a righteous cause but is also morally conflicted in not wanting to eliminate opponents he knew would be at risk of being erased. What they did with Obuni vs Gohan is what should be happening with Jiren vs Goku. There's so much depth that could have come from this. Talk about wasted potential.

I find it funny how hypocritical Belmod is. Claiming that Vegeta touching an out of bounds rock is a drop out when Jiren saved himself doing the exact same thing.

It's not that he has trust issues, he asked Goku why they all put their faith in him, then he said "trust begets nothing" which also means there's no outcome that trust produces. He's basically saying trust is useless.

Jiren is right to not trust his team. They ******* suck. He was literally the only fighter in Universe 11 to elimate people. Toppo gave up who he was and ascended to godhood and still didn't get anyone out.

Ryukama said:
Jiren is right to not trust his team. They ******* suck. He was literally the only fighter in Universe 11 to elimate people. Toppo gave up who he was and ascended to godhood and still didn't get anyone out.
you sir get Z+

Lol U11 was heavily outmatched in almost every fight. Kale and Caulifla bodied 3/5 of their team at once, Hit, Goku, Gohan, Frieza handled the rest of their team with 18 throwing Tupper out. Toppo thought "lolhakai" was going to work by standing in one spot the whole match and spamming (git gud lol)

Thebluedash said:
Wait Coccotte was pretty cool
Did being pretty cool help her contribute anything of value for her team though? OVO

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1399110 i'm gonna leave it here cause we are close to 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back