• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Genocide of the Saiyan, REDUX (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about the debris travelling from Point A to Point B (the debris passing an invisible threshold of distance off-screen).

I'm talking about the debris travelling from Point A to Point B (the debris passing a visible threshold of distance on-screen).
I'm not just talking about that, I'm also talking about how much of the debris went that far (Which has to be a massive chunk anyway for it to even be considered since we have pretty strict rules regarding KE in the first place).

I'm not just talking about that, I'm also talking about how much of the debris went that far (Which has to be a massive chunk anyway for it to even be considered since we have pretty strict rules regarding KE in the first place).
If the piece of debris that was used in the calc was going abnormally faster (or slower) than the rest of the debris on screen... Wouldn't we be able to tell that? If we can see that the debris is moving outwards at a consistent pace... Doesn't that imply that the debris is moving at roughly the same rate?

If the piece of debris that was used in the calc was going abnormally faster (or slower) than the rest of the debris on screen... Wouldn't we be able to tell that? If we can see that the debris is moving outwards at a consistent pace... Doesn't that imply that the debris is moving at roughly the same rate?
You would also need to consider the distance it covered.

The Low End still looks best to me as it is using the more complete timeframe for the feat.

What makes Relativistic KE different from regular KE? I plugged the values into a calculator and received identical results.
Relativity for starters.

"If a body's speed is a significant fraction of the speed of light, it is necessary to use relativistic mechanics to calculate its kinetic energy."

1% SoL is where this starts.

The Low End still looks best to me as it is using the more complete timeframe for the feat.
Truth be told, the low-end isn't necessarily the most accurate end to choose from, solely because by the time the feat is done, the debris are barely moving at all compared to what we're shown on the visor reflection.

Hence, I will still stick my guns with the high-end.

KLOL506 is drunk.

Anyways I agree with the use of the low-end (Counting the frames between the initial explosion and after a large amount of debris has traveled).

KLOL506 is drunk.

Anyways I agree with the use of the low-end (Counting the frames between the initial explosion and after a large amount of debris has traveled).
Cool.

So far for CGM's, that makes 2 in favor, 1 against, and 1 neutral.

Fair. He just didn't take a stance for it or against it which is why I took him to be neutral.;
I had thought of neutral as having a neutral stance to the thread topic but still would speak in it if called. Armor's response didn't strike me as him ever coming to this thread even with a 10 foot stick.

Agrees with the Calc: Damage3245, Therefir

Disagrees with the Calc: KLOL506, CloverDragon03

No opinion: ArmorChompy

That's where we currently stand. The outcome of that other thread may have an impact here, since it'd mean that the main argument against the calc is no longer accepted as policy.

KLOL is supporting the high end now I think (Clover too by result)

Last edited:
KLOL is supporting the high end now I think (Clover too by result)
Oh. I'm not sure if I should mark KLOL as neutral or not then, since he's said he's against the calc but also says he thinks the high end should be used if it is applied.

Oh. I'm not sure if I should mark KLOL as neutral or not then, since he's said he's against the calc but also says he thinks the high end should be used if it is applied.
Maybe break the agree part to agrees to high end only and agrees to low end

Agrees with the Calc (Low-end): Damage3245, Therefir

Agrees with the Calc (High-end): KLOL506

Disagrees with the Calc: KLOL506, CloverDragon03

No opinion: ArmorChompy

If the other thread I made about the Planetary KE stuff gets rejected, then my agreement regarding the high-end would stand.

@CloverDragon03 Do you share the same sentiments?
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I'll wait to see how the other thread turns out then.

KLOL simple said high end is what he favors within the calculation, more like that's his secondary offer. I believe he overall still prefers using the current calculation iirc. And Clover agrees with KLOL as do I; though I am not a calc group member.

KLOL simple said high end is what he favors within the calculation, more like that's his secondary offer. I believe he overall still prefers using the current calculation iirc. And Clover agrees with KLOL as do I; though I am not a calc group member.
KLOL506 already clarified just above.

Eh if the issue is that parts of the debri move at different speeds wouldn’t it then make sense to figure out the individual mass/ speed of each layer of the planet that was blown away?

Obviously since the core of a planet is denser it’d make sense for it to move slower than the crust for example.

Eh if the issue is that parts of the debri move at different speeds wouldn’t it then make sense to figure out the individual mass/ speed of each layer of the planet that was blown away?

Obviously since the core of a planet is denser it’d make sense for it to move slower than the crust for example.
I already mention that issue to be a problem with feats like this where we don't see all the debris typically move the same distance at the same speed, in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back