• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Potential Upgrades (God-Tiers)

over my dead body

EDIT: I forgot how to do the line thing halp

EDIT 2: Ya boi's a genius

DarkGrath said:
Alright, who made that "ah shit, he we go again" picture and where can I go to marry them?
I did kek

No, seriously, I made this one myself using MS Paint.

I did kek

No, seriously, I made this one myself using MS Paint.

Alright, get over here already. We're going ring shopping.

So if this revision does go through, which at this point it seems like it will, will it be applied to all of the God-tiers, like Mundus, Argosax, and such, or just Argosax, Dante, and Vergil

Eeeh...I don't know about this revision.

If even 3-A took a lot of discussion and debate, adding a possibly Low 2-C will be much harder. Especially with the "outlier" concerns, and the fact that the evidence isn't conclusive. I agreed that 3-A wasn't an outlier, but once you reach Tier 2, upgrades become significantly more demanding.

You might need to request more input here.

I am neither sold nor against the premise of the feat in general - all I can say is that the evidence doesn't really strike me as conclusive.

Just to correct LightinAnt, if we assumed the overall premise was legit, it would be Low 2-C (maintaining universal space-time distortions passively). Now, the questions are:

1. Can we discern such a thing from the scans in the OP?

2. The outlier concern.

Outlier my old friend

Idk considering it was performed by someone of that calibur and dante confirmed stomped the man who made the feat idk it would really be an outlier due to only the god tiers scaling and it was performed by the guy who we rated as 3-A in the first place tbf

Considering the statements of the mission being pretty blatantly 2-C (from my understanding at least), I'd say that it would make sense and can be discerned from the statements.

As for the outlier thing, well, hmm. I'd personally cite the changes to the Persona 5 crews tiering, since this seems to be based off of a similar feat, but I'll wait and see.

I mean, to be fair, I see where you are coming from with the outlier concern. But I, and I'm sure plenty of other people, don't find it particularly unbelievable or ridiculous that characters with a few 3-A fears could be scaled based off of a Low 2-C feat. I mean, if you want to get technical, the difference between the two tiers is practically immeasurable. But the idea of a being who can affect space on a universal scale also being able to affect space-time on a universal scale is really not all that absurd, especially given how closely linked the two are.

Point is, I'm doubtful about considering it an outlier. Even though a Low 2-C feat is far above a 3-A feat, it is in no way an unreasonable circumstance for a character with 3-A feats to also have Low 2-C feats.

There is no need to discuss whether this is an outlier or not because it's the same feat. Either both the 3-A and the Low 2-C feat are an outlier, or they aren't.

Tony di bugalu said:
I'm just watching this from afar, not getting involved
A wise course of action.

There are multiple feats involved, not just one.

• 1: Argosax the Chaos fusing both worlds; passively (3-A)
  • 2: The approach of the Demon World distorting space and time and affecting the past, present and future, creating paradoxes in the flow of time (Low 2-C; feat for the Demon World's energy itself)
  • 3: Argosax's final form passively maintaining the worlds fused and spacetime distortions, with them vanishing upon its death (Low 2-C)
The Chaos would be 3-A, since there's no confirmation that it maintained the distortions, while the much stronger Despair Embodied transformation for Argosax would be the one with the "possibly Low 2-C" key for doing so.

Additionally: Sealed Sparda, Bolverk and anyone who scales to fighting or rivaling Sparda while his powers are sealed inside the Sparda Sword would only be "3-A". Only Prime Sparda, Argosax T.D.E, Mundus, Vergil (both forms), DMC5 Nero and Sparda Trigger Dante (onwards) would get "3-A, possibly Low 2-C".

Also, worth noting that the Low 2-C spacetime distortion also scales to Void Mundus, since his void was stated to provide the demonic energy in the Demon World, which performed this feat.

Reminder for the outlier crew that The Chaos's 3-A feat for merging the worlds is performed while a majority of his powers were still sealed away and bound by the Arcana.

> If even 3-A took a lot of discussion and debate, adding a possibly Low 2-C will be much harder. Especially with the "outlier" concerns, and the fact that the evidence isn't conclusive. I agreed that 3-A wasn't an outlier, but once you reach Tier 2, upgrades become significantly more demanding.

Devil May Cry is a series with a fuckton of 3-A feats in the upper sphere. Why would a jump to Low 2-C be an outlier? Just to list the ones that have tons of evidence to back them up off of the top of my head;

• Mundus fusing the Human World and the Demon World
  • Sparda separating them once more and then sealing the Demon World
  • The original Universal Separation described in the DMC3 manga, which yourself determined to be a 3-A feat performed by a Demon God who would scale to Mundus and the other God-Tiers.
  • Mundus's defeat almost collapsing the entire Demon World
  • Argosax fusing the Demon World and the Human World into one
Even the Demon World itself has universal feats. Not only was it heavily warping space-time upon approach, our entire universe was created from the dark energy within it before the separation, as described by the intro. So that makes 2 universal feats, one possibly Low 2-C and the other 3-A. And those feats from the Demon World's energy scale directly to Void Mundus and Argosax, since the former embodied the void that was described as supplying said energy, and the latter passively maintained the spacetime distortions just by existing in his strongest form.

That's eight universal feats, one of which is universal+. And that's just the minimum amount of universal lore feats the series has. Considering that the Qliphoth on DMC5 (which is, as we all established, much weaker than its fruit) is heavily implied to be warping the Human World, and Gliver from the DMC1 novel also has a potential feat on the same effect (which is outright specified to affect the entire dimension)

We can pretty much say "**** you" to Mundus's feat on DMC1 and Kamiya's WoG at this point. Because there are at least 8 universal feats on DMC lore, with another two that I am investigating as of now.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Devil_May_Cry:_Feats_Summarized_and_Explained

For those who want to see the scans.

Gilver is non-canon though, and his feat is probably an outlier for him and Dante anyway, given it takes place before DMC1

Gilver is kinda canon thanks to Before the Nightmare explaining some things from the first novel

But he's not Vergil, it shouldn't be in his profile

Gilver is made canon by the Before the Nightmare novel. He is Vergil though, and that wasn't his feat that was Mundus's feat.

Gilver is outright stated to be Vergil in the novel itself...

And how was it Mundus's feat?

Gilver is canon, he isn't Vergil because Gilver died.He was just a angelo built off of the Sparda's data.

Gilver is mentioned in DMC volume 2 and everything in DMC5 and BTN that was connected to the DMC volume 1 from Grue's death to Nell's death was caused by Gilver.

Because the feat came from the nexus. It was never even implied that it was created by Gilver, the only logical assumption is that it was created by Mundus.

Dienomite22 said:
Gilver is canon, he isn't Vergil because Gilver died.He was just a angelo built off of the Sparda's data.
He didn't die he just went back into the Demon World, and it was literally stated that it was Vergil, even in the author segment in the end.

Volume 2 in and out of itself has its anomalies, to be fair.

DMC5 reveals that Enzo Ferino and Dante broke off after the events of DMC1*, so the plot of Volume 2 is technically impossible.

Dienomite22 said:

Gilver is mentioned in DMC volume 2 and everything in DMC5 and BTN that was connected to the DMC volume 1 from Grue's death to Nell's death was caused by Gilver.
This, thanks Dieno

Kepekley23 said:
DMC5 reveals that Enzo Ferino and Dante broke off after the events of DMC3, so the plot of Volume 2 is technically impossible.
That's not the only thing, Dante didn't know who Vergil was (but we clearly know that he does). Dante also got Ebony and Ivory in Vol 1, but we know because of DMC3 that he didn't get them there.

But the novels are made canon, so I think we are supposed to ignore the inconsistencies.

Kepekley23 said:

DMC5 reveals that Enzo Ferino and Dante broke off after the events of DMC3, so the plot of Volume 2 is technically impossible.
The CD Dramas, which are canon since Itsuno quoted them in a interview, says that Dante and Enzo still talking after the anime events

I agree with this, but didn't we have like 5 feats proposed by Paradox to add to the profiles before this? He made a blog a while ago, the feats were super solid but they haven't been added yet, i think that is our priority, since those feats definitively cement DMC's universal status and open more agreeable opportuities for upgrades such as these

Back