• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Nichirin Revision and some other things

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Currently our description for Nichirin swords is: A katana made from metals that absorbed the light of the sun, it negates the regeneration of demons if they are decapitated with it, as they are weak to sunlight. This isn't exactly inaccurate but it isn't entirely accurate either and is in fact a bit misleading in my opinion. First off demons have Type 2 Immortality, so that alone should tip you off to the fact that you would need more than Regeneration Negation to kill them. There are various examples of a demon's body remaining functional even if it is separated from the head. There is even a case of demon detaching their hand and it remaining functional. By contrast demons disintegrate when they are beheaded through a Nichirin sword, which makes sense since that is what happens when they are exposed to sunlight, and arms that were cut off by a Nichirin sword are depicted as disintegrating as well in the anime which makes sense since demon slayers are often shown cutting parts of a demon's body off with the parts never being seen again. It also shows the balls from the demon in the anime example disintegrating once they are cut in half in episode 9.

The description for Nichirin swords should be changed to reflect the disintegration of demons upon being beheaded and the fact that any body part of them that gets cut off by a Nichirin sword also disintegrates. The same goes for any constructs demons make with their Blood Demon Arts. Nichirin Swords have also been used to dispel the effects of Blood Demon Arts, so that needs to be reflected by the description as well. Another noteworthy thing is that Tanjiro and Inosuke managed to defeat a controlled demon body that lacked a head by slicing from the base of its neck on the right side to its left waist. That and what Rengoku said about a demon who fused with a train shows that Nichirin swords can kill demons even if they are in a form which doesn't have a head or neck in the traditional sense as long as they cut something that's equivalent enough which should probably be noted too. Something else to note is how Inosuke said that Daki became weaker after her head was cut off which is in line with how easily he could deal with her attack and that Shinobu believed that her poison would be more effective if she aimed at Doma's neck and given that she is knowledgeable about poison and an experienced Pillar we can presumably trust her on that. It appears that cutting or stabbing a demon in the neck with a Nichirin sword weakens them to some degree even if the attack doesn't kill them.

It has also come to my attention that some of the weapon descriptions on the profiles lack crucial details. Tengen's weapon description doesn't mention that the two blades are chained together though that is already visible in the profile picture. Gyomei's Standard Equipment section just says Nichirin weapons when it should clarify that Gyomei makes use of a spiked flail and an axe which are connected via a long chain. Mitsuri's profile just says that she has a Nichirin sword when she is using a multiple meters long whip sword, so that needs to be changed and several meters should be made her standard range. Obanai has a twisted Nichirin katana which resembles an Indonesian Kris sword, so that needs to be noted on his profile as well. Shinobu's sheath allows her to change the poison mixture she uses with her sword and should therefore be mentioned on her profile. Inosuke's case is rather minor but he uses chipped swords and since that affects the way they cut it should probably be noted in his Standard Equipment section.

Aside from the weapons the demon slayers there are few other things that need to be changed on some of the individual profiles in my opinion. In episode 21 of the anime the Kakushi who found Inosuke stated that he was wearing the demon slayer uniform trousers as such he should get the Resistances that Demon Slayer Corps Garbs give as a result of protecting against fire, water and the cold even if that just applies to his pants. Another thing to note about Inosuke's profile is that it gives him the ability to extend his reach by briefly dislocating the joints of his arm in his second key when that is something that he demonstrated in his third key, so that should be changed accordingly as well. Zenitsu's profile notes a weakness regarding God Speed in his first key when he gains God Speed in his second key. Likewise, he is shown capable of using his legs after using God Speed twice in the battle against Muzan, so that needs to be changed in the Weaknesses section of his third key. Tanjiro's profile mentions him boosting his speed with Dancing Flash in his first key when that is something he displays after the Type Zero Training, so that needs to be moved to his third key. There is also the fact that Tanjiro shouldn't have the weakness of the Demon Slayer Mark taking a toll on his stamina after the Pillar Training since he made it his new Base form without even noticing at first.

Last edited:
Can you sum up the new addition Nehz?, kinda long to read, and i still don't understand what you want to add

Can you sum up the new addition Nehz?, kinda long to read, and i still don't understand what you want to add
Basically I want to update the description for Nichirin swords to be more exact about what it does to demons since it doesn't just negate regeneration upon decapitation. I also want to update the weapon descriptions in the Standard Equipment section of some profiles since they either don't make it entirely clear just what sort of weapon someone is using or just downright lack some important details that have actually been relevant in fights involving these characters. Then there is Inosuke having Demon Slayer Corps pants which would give him Resistances due to its properties and then there are some things that need to be moved between keys or get clarified.

Last edited:
I've made an update regarding the revision for the Nichirin swords and Shinobu's sheath.

I've made another update to the OP regarding Susamaru's balls disintegrating upon being cut in half by Tanjiro and the implications for constructs demons create.

I've applied the changes to the profiles and then noticed a few more things to change while doing so. For example, Tanjiro has a Bright Red Nichirin Sword listed as Standard Equipment for a later key which isn't really accurate since that's a state he's putting his regular sword in and it wouldn't be like that outside of combat. Other characters that have access to the Red Nichirin Sword ability don't have it listed as Standard Equipment, so that should get removed from Tanjiro's profile. I'd also like to add a higher for the speed with Dancing Flash from the Post-Type Zero Training key onwards if that is alright. There is also no mention of the Demon Slayer Mark boosting him in his Post-Rehabiliation Training ability tab, so that's something i'd like to add. There is also the fact that Constant Flux is stronger than his regular attacks which could be denoted on Tanjiro and Giyu's profiles with a higher.

Last edited:
Okay, I've applied the latest changes. I guess there's no problems with making Tanjiro's Hinokami Kagura even higher since it is superior to Constant Flux?

Back