• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

DS arguably has the best animation as far, we did not even start yet, we still have upper moon 3 2 1 fights and even Muzan and tanjiro demon moment.

b4e19bdaaf546d3bf152658af02f1090.jpg

Wondering if Hinokami Chronicle will be updated again now Season 3 is here
Playable Tokito, Mitsuri, and Gyokko will be amazing, Hantengu might a bit difficult to implement, are they gonna bring both the Emotion Demons (with Sekido as the lead) and Zohakuten or only Zohakuten will be playable?

I just found out that the selfless state is tied to the see trough world and most demon slayers should have it.

Here
I think you're talking about the demon slayers who unlocked their mark and that have Transparent World? There was a CRT to separate Transparent World and the Selfless State and it got approved though I didn't really agree due to the implications involving Rengoku and the manga never really differentiating the two things.

Last edited:
I think you're talking about the demon slayers who unlokced their mark and that Transparent World? There was a CRT to separate Transparent World and the Selfless State and it got approved though I didn't really agree due to the implications involving Rengoku and the manga never really differentiating the two things.
Yeah I mean all tanjiro did was close off his fighting sprit it’s not something exclusive to him all demon slayers with the see through world and demon mark should be able to do the same at least a likely rating should suffice.

Yeah I mean all tanjiro did was close off his fighting sprit it’s not something exclusive to him all demon slayers with the see through world and demon mark should be able to do the same at least a likely rating should suffice.
Closing off one's fighting spirit is simple to say but a lot more complicated in practice. The manga seems to portray these things as related or having at least similar conditions with how it is illustrated with Tanjuro and Tanjiro.

Closing off one's fighting spirit is simple to say but a lot more complicated in practice. The manga seems to portray these things as related or having at least similar conditions with how it is illustrated with Tanjuro and Tanjiro.
Yeah it should be added as likely for all those that have stw and demon mark. Edit Should I make the crt?

Yeah it should be added as likely for all those that have stw and demon mark. Edit Should I make the crt?
You should probably look up the thread that proposed the separation first and formulate some good arguments that you can present well. I haven't really done anything regarding the topic since that thread concluded since I didn't really feel like doing anything.

I am not that good at that can’t you make the crt or fine someone who is good at making crts?
I have currently some other things in my life that occupy me, so I'd rather not for now but it is certainly something that I would eventually do in the future if no one else does it.

Based on how I understand it, that is indeed the reasoning.
It's a pretty clear statement but it just screws up the scaling because of power cliffing. Like I'm supposed to believe that base tanjiro, genya, nezuko and the rest of the hashira are suddenly more powerful than tengen and gyutaro is pretty crazy.

It's a pretty clear statement but it just screws up the scaling because of power cliffing. Like I'm supposed to believe that base tanjiro, genya, nezuko and the rest of the hashira are suddenly more powerful than tengen and gyutaro is pretty crazy.
Well, there is still the matter of speed, skill and hax. Also, Tengen was weakened by poison, so he's arguably also stronger than Gyutaro when he is in a healthy state.

Well, there is still the matter of speed, skill and hax. Also, Tengen was weakened by poison, so he's arguably also stronger than Gyutaro when he is in a healthy state.
It's a fair point but you have to remember that due to inosuke and kanao's scaling to weakened doma, we have city block level kaigaku which means that he is leagues above tengen and gyutaro which is jarring because the rest of the upper moons and the hashiras scale to that.

It's a fair point but you have to remember that due to inosuke and kanao's scaling to weakened doma, we have city block level kaigaku which means that he is leagues above tengen and gyutaro which is jarring because the rest of the upper moons and the hashiras scale to that.
Personally I'd be inclined to think that Gyutaro is superior to Kaigaku since Kaigaku isn't even qualified to be Upper Moon 5 despite that position being vacant.

Personally I'd be inclined to think that Gyutaro is superior to Kaigaku since Kaigaku isn't even qualified to be Upper Moon 5 despite that position being vacant.
Would it make sense if zenitsu, inosuke, and kanao who are below gyutaro and tengen are able to survive the battle against muzan, who surpasses all the upper moons? I don't think it makes sense especially when you consider how effortless it was for kokushibo to beat muichiro.

You guys are acting like Zenitsu didn't get massively stronger since his battle against Gyu and Daki.

Would it make sense if zenitsu, inosuke, and kanao who are below gyutaro and tengen are able to survive the battle against muzan, who surpasses all the upper moons? I don't think it makes sense especially when you consider how effortless it was for kokushibo to beat muichiro.
Kanao was implied to be superior to Shinobu and both Zenitsu and Inosuke have capabilities which significantly surpass Kaigaku's which was demonstrated in their respective Upper Moon battles with the latter having been up against Doma. There is no reason to strictly put them below Tengen and Gyutaro after the Pillar Training in my opinion since they do seem to have reached Pillar level capabilities with the actual surviving Pillars having unlocked Demon Slayer Marks which enhanced them.

Tengen has weird scaling here. He's literally stated to be the 2nd strongest Hashira after Gyomei iirc but we still have him lower than the majority of them.

Kanao was implied to be superior to Shinobu and both Zenitsu and Inosuke have capabilities which significantly surpass Kaigaku's which was demonstrated in their respective Upper Moon battles with the latter having been up against Doma. There is no reason to strictly put them below Tengen and Gyutaro after the Pillar Training in my opinion since they do seem to have reached Pillar level capabilities with the actual surviving Pillars having unlocked Demon Slayer Marks which enhanced them.
The issue is that they don't significantly surpass kaigaku. It's even stated that kaigaku could've killed zenitsu immediately if not for his inexperience. So if kaigaku is weaker than gyutaro then zenitsu is around gyutaro's level.
It just doesn't really make sense and the scaling that makes tge most sense also makes tengen and gyutaro fodder which is strange.

Back