• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I know, more tinfoil, but listening to the music again, the riff that ends the fight also plays in the middle, but it gets followed up by the Power Rangers theme. I'm guessing that means Kiryu uses the Absolute Zero Cannon or some other big attack halfway through, but it fails and the Dragonzord enters battle mode, and then the fight ends with that attack succeeding. Not sounding great for Tommy.

And thinking on it, I'm pretty confident the next fight features a fairy tail character at least. Both Strunton and GB are Fairy Tail fans, the former even did a country level Erza calc and the latter supported Natsu back in Natsu vs Ace.

Kingo the Sixth said:
I know, more tinfoil, but listening to the music again, the riff that ends the fight also plays in the middle, but it gets followed up by the Power Rangers theme. I'm guessing that means Kiryu uses the Absolute Zero Cannon or some other big attack halfway through, but it fails and the Dragonzord enters battle mode, and then the fight ends with that attack succeeding. Not sounding great for Tommy.

And thinking on it, I'm pretty confident the next fight features a fairy tail character at least. Both Strunton and GB are Fairy Tail fans, the former even did a country level Erza calc and the latter supported Natsu back in Natsu vs Ace.
It wouldn't really make sense for Kiryu to use the AZC 2 times in a fight, since that would take up 80% of its power.

It wouldn't really make sense for Kiryu to use the AZC 2 times in a fight, since that would take up 80% of its power.

I can see it being interrupted the first time it's fired, or maybe the fight just ends with Kiryu running out of power and destroying both mechs.

Ep 114 spoilers
Well... frig, the Power Rangers keep piling up loses. This is their fourth one counting DBX right?
Ep 115 spoilers
Next one is gonna be fun. But, Hiei is pretty screwed isn't he? Even with stats aside, Sasuke greatly outhaxes him AFAIK.
</div>

Ep 114 spoilers
For one of the most hyped episode this season, this was pretty dull. Their research was lackluster and the animation left something to be desired.
But most of all, it's terribly wrong. As Jasonsith said, DB came to the conclusion that Kiryu would win, which is blatantly false. Let's start off with this: the speed. They only used speed feats that are associated to travel speed, and gave Kiryu the edge. However, there are multiple Relativistic reaction and combat speed feats for unmorphed rangers, with their speed further boosted when morphed. Dragonzord scales to this by default, as it kept up with the Tigerzord, which mimics the very actions of its pilot. Next up, they downplayed both notable feats of both characters. They heavily downplayed Rita's feat, which is 93 teratons of TNT (Way greater than the 2.6 gigatons Death Battle gave). Kiryu was less downplayed, but still downplayed nonetheless, with the AZC being around 5 times greater than what Death Battle said. However, Rita also caused moved the moon with the force of 148 zettatons of TNT, while another Power Rangers villain created a solar eclipse with the force of 714 zettatons of TNT. So basically, DB heavily downplayed Dragonzord, slightly downplayed Kiryu, and made another Power Rangers character lose.

Ep 114 spoilers
Worse still, they give Kiryu resurrection when the Godzilla side is just Rage Mode.
Adding to some really bad research workings, this episode which is supposed to be super hyped comes to a super flop.

They can't even keep up with their scaling chain of Serpentera (planet busting) >= Thunder Megazord = White Tigerzord => Dino Megazord = Dragonzord as established by themselves in Power Rangers vs Voltron.

Ep 115 spoilers
As someone who thinks the Dragonzord should probably win more often than not, I don't care cause that fight was amazing. Kiryu was just super hype and the overall animation had great choreography. Research could have been better, but tbf it's likely that the research for this episode was done before the Alpha-1 feat happened, and in that case Kiryu does legit win imo. Just glad they didn't do planet-level ftl Dino Rangers lol.

Ep 114 spoilers
Wonder how strong the earthquake Rita caused in the 1st episode is? because at bare minimum shook the entirety of Angel Grove and the Command Center that is an unknown distance away

@Dragonmasterxyz:

Ep 115 spoilers
Kinda sucks, Hiei is my favorite YuYu Hakusho character =P In all honestly, can he do anything against Sasuke?
@Kingo: I agree on that front, Death Battle very rarely fails to deliver when it comes to presentation and make battles entertaining.

I would go over why Kiryu, by Death Battle's composite standards, should be like large star-solar system tier and MFTL+ but this wiki's shown incomptence towards Godzilla specifically so I'll just ask this: Aside from AP and durability, what does the DragonZord have to keep it in the fight?

Because I'd like to note Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon smashes you on the atomic level by rendering your energy to pure zero.

Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019 said:
I would go over why Kiryu, by Death Battle's composite standards, should be like large star-solar system tier and MFTL+ but this wiki's shown incomptence towards Godzilla specifically so I'll just ask this: Aside from AP and durability, what does the DragonZord have to keep it in the fight?

Because I'd like to note Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon smashes you on the atomic level by rendering your energy to pure zero.
Star level mftl Kiryu? Eh, I think that relies on cross-continuity scaling, which is a no-no. The SpaceGodzillas and Destoroyahs Kiryu has fought in comics and other places don't have any planet-level feats/statements from what I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, DZ should be around Moon-level based one scaling to Alpha-1 in the comics who survived a moon bust, and he should have a speed edge based on flying to the moon and arguably scaling to goons who can catch a grenade at relativistic speeds. DZ's flight is a lot more free than Kiryu's too, not using any energy and in general being more mobile. There's an argument to be made that DZ could simply just outlast Kiryu and dodge the AZC, consideirng the best Kiryu has is continent level from what I can tell. However, there's also the argument that Kiryu could just use it's ropes or weaponry or muscular arms to hold DZ in place while it fires the AZC, especially since the stat-gap isn't too huge and Tommy in general prefers rushing in and close-range combat while Akane takes a lot of risky manoeuvres. How's he gonna know the AZC will one-shot him? It's a close fight definitely.

Honestly I don't think so. Only thing they missed out was the relativistic stuff, but otherwise if you ignore Alpha-1 then the island bust is the highest I think you can comfortably place the Dino Rangers before getting into the reallllllly sus stuff. Hell, that Alpha-1 feat only comes from March of this year and was just discovered now, the episode was likely researched before it existed.

I bring Discord info. Spoilers obv. According to one of the researchers who worked on the episode:

The relativistic staff/grenade throw was actually considered for DZ and deemed legit, but Kiryu was considered rela as well scaling from Gigan in the comics, who has a feat of sending crystals from the moon to the Earth in seconds, similar to Rita/Zedd's feats.

Alpha-1 was considered and was originally going to be mentioned in a tabber, apparently the reason it wasn't a game changer is because Kiryu gets similar comics scaling from SpaceGodzilla. Still waiting to hear the details on that though. (Alpha-1 was March 2018 btw, not this year)

AZC dodging was considered unlikely for a few reasons. Neither Akane nor the Godzilla soul would likely use it unless they're confident it would land, and have ways of restraining DZ, like with its wires (which it's used before to restrain Godzilla to set up for AZC) or just by grabbing it and holding it in place. DZ's tendency toward close ranged combat would not only make dodging the AZC more difficult, but also give Kiryu more opportunities to restrain it.

Will post more if other big questions get answered.

Speedyroj said:
Alpha-1 was considered and was originally going to be mentioned in a tabber, apparently the reason it wasn't a game changer is because Kiryu gets similar comics scaling from SpaceGodzilla. Still waiting to hear the details on that though. (Alpha-1 was March 2018 btw, not this year)
Whoops, got mixed up about the date sorry.

SpaceGodzilla thing is interesting, but yeah I need more details. I mean, I looked into this, Kiryu only scales to SpaceGodzilla in Godzilla:Half-Century War and Rulers of Earth, and in both of those comics he's literally just "Godzilla from space" lol. There's nothing implying those versions are planetary from what I found, but maybe they know something I don't. Interesting info, thanks for sharing.

So then they had Comic Kiryu at planet level while DZ was Moon, I assume?

And I'm guessing they thought FTL was BS, then.

Ah well. Still debatable and I personally believe DZ should win.

So whos even excited for the Mewtwo VS Frieza DBX? Tbf, you probably all know who the winner is. Personally though, Mewtwo couldve fought Silver from Sonic (though he can probably be saved to fight Mystery Dungeon Grovyle or Lucina) or Zero from Mega Man X.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Silver might be getting into DB itself. Plus he's already lost to Trunks a crap ton of times
Silver or this Silver will be fighting this Trunks some day. And to nobody's surprise Silver is stronger (at least in Super Form) while Trunks is MUCH faster. And most people (sans Sonic die hards) will root for Trunks.

Lucina... She's likely fighting Grovyle (PMD Explorers) or Kitana. Silver can be a choice but is less popular. Plus even base Silver can body base Lucina and almost everyone wants Silver dead so yeah.

Ep 115 spoilers
Any verdict why Hiei should win over Sasuke Uchiha (Part II)?
Like, what even is the feat for the grounds of the yields for AP, durability and speed; and what is the scaling chain.
Scaling for Sasuke to Naruto is easy. But the same cannot be said for the YYHS verse.

None? sasuke has Him beat in every stat and hax.

Not to mention he scales to Naruto who they had at FTL. Also where they had Naruto at in DC?

@tipper17

Ep 115 spoilers
Sasuke (Screwattack) should scale to Naruto (Screwattack) whose attack potency and durability yields 115 octillion joules (1.157e29 J) and tags at 1/3 light speed.
Any verdict why Hiei should win over Sasuke Uchiha (Part II)?
Like, what even is the feat for the grounds of the yields for AP, durability and speed; and what is the scaling chain.
Scaling for Sasuke to Naruto is easy. But the same cannot be said for the YYHS verse.

Ep 115 spoilers
We have to remember though, that displays of power in Death Battle also vary from episode to episode, so Sasuke may be stronger to what Naruto displayed against Ichigo. I mean, remember how Megaman was considered considerably stronger in each episode using material about him (vs Astro, Zero vs Metal Sonic and the Battle Royale).
What's really tricky here is what will they bring up for Hiei

Back