• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

You do realize that written fight is extremely dated. Strunton's views have changed drastically since. Take it from someone who speak with him on a daily basis.

sasuke has hiei beat in every stat except stamina as hiei was able to fight a rank demons for a year or 6 months straight, hiei should be able to shurg off fire styles and amatratsu but seeing as how sasuke still has the rinnegan powers chiodri variants and is a better tactican i think he should take it like mid diff, i really hope they dont say the jagan eye has a mind of its own so it negates genjutsu, you still need a resistance to sense/precetpiton mind fear manip etc, i believe the jagan eye is able to precieve things well but not step by step like how a sharigan does

Strunt has said recently in a discord server that YYH characters are country-continent level at best, and has favoured Sasuke more recently. So yeah Hiei is still gonna get gutted.

Inb4 Hiei wins because the continents of Makai are the size of Planets

Bummer, well, good for Sasuke and the Naruto side, but still bummed two of the contestants I root for are gona get destroyed in row. =P

U know I find it amusing how's much people care so much about death battle and make countless debunk videos regarding it yet continue to watch Not to say there perfect (there far from it lol) but I'm just kinda stop caring too much about this shit

Well... I don't disagree with you... but I guess it's because of how volatile VS Debating can get among fans and DB being the most popular "Who would win?" show around.

TartaChocholate said:
Well... I don't disagree with you... but I guess it's because of how volatile VS Debating can get among fans and DB being the most popular "Who would win?" show around.
I get that but at the same time it's like why waste ur time on something u despise or get all pissy regarding the stats they give while not accurate isn't some universal standard among every forum

I dunno, maybe it's a love/hate relationship. I've always thought of it as a variant of people who follow a certain sports team and get affected when their team does poorly or is screwed over in a match.

Little update from DB Cast:

(Important note, Ben directly said they didn't pick Heisei MG becasue they thought it would wipe the floor with DZ, he wanted it to have a chance)

Why Kiryu? Why not composite all three? They thought DZ would have the best chance against Kiryu that way and Kiryu is considered the deadliest because the movie before Kiryu appeared, Godzilla survived a black hole, then Kiryu showed up and kicked his ass (They know there was different timeline fuckery, but it could have been supporting evidence). Compositing them would result in different MGs getting different weapons that aren't theirs and it would be messy. (Ben also said that Heisei MG was specifically designed to fight only Godzilla and it would feel weird to have it fight anything else. He also said he thinks Kiryu is the coolest)

It's not the official QnA, they do that two weeks after the fight now to allow for more questions to be asked.

I can understand picking Kiryu, but if it were me I probably would have picked Showa MG. I think it generally matches better against the Dragonzord thematically, it's goofy nature better fits with the campiness of Power Rangers, and it's of course the OG and what people tend to think of when they think Mechagodzilla.

Plus it would give a proper rematch to that fight Spoony did back in 2010 lol.

Kingo the Sixth said:
Jasonsith said:
Gonna be real mate, I have no idea what you're trying to say half the time lol.
That's your problem. Like how you would rephrase my sentence using your own words. I think I am using high school level English here.

I mean, sometimes Death Battle crew try to do better research, but sometimes they do not try. And when a flawed research comes up with super high click rates, it is easy to make one think "uh my research is good it gets so popular". And they might be tempted to think that their flawed research is successful, ignoring the fact that a show can be popular by other means (like showcasing popular or interesting characters, cool fights, nice music and voice acting and sound effects etc).

Gonna be real mate, I have no idea what you're trying to say half the time lol.
That's your problem. Like how you would rephrase my sentence using your own words. I think I am using high school level English here.

I mean, sometimes Death Battle crew try to do better research, but sometimes they do not try. And when a flawed research comes up with super high click rates, it is easy to make one think "uh my research is good it gets so popular". And they might be tempted to think that their flawed research is successful, ignoring the fact that a show can be popular by other means (like showcasing popular or interesting characters, cool fights, nice music and voice acting and sound effects etc).

Unfortunately for you, I never passed pre-school.

Feel like it's a bit of a leap to take "they think their research is perfect and flawless" from a tweet saying "yo our video got over a million view so nice". Maybe I'm just harping too much on a joke.

That ending was really lame. You can tell this was the alternate cut.

Spoilers
Mewtwo literally just stands there for a solid 20 seconds while Frieza charges up his destructo disk and lets himself get cut in half.

Iron Man was already used in DBX against Mega Man X.

And for god sake, if they repeat what happened in One Minute Battle, I'm going to... Just...

Yell a hell lot.

Would you try not to spoil it to others? Thats what the tag is for. Its gonna be out tomorrow and people without FIRST probably havent seen it yet.

Alright. Saw the fight and... what did you expect? Its the most obvious choice. Its a pattern where when there is a DBZ character, they will most likely win.

Anywho, I voted Batman, despite the fact Iron Man horribly stomps.

Eh, Tien is still popular. If they are gonna have a match where a DBZ person loses, it would probably be Beerus losing to Darkseid or Thanos.

Psychomaster35 said:
Alright. Saw the fight and... what did you expect? Its the most obvious choice. Its a pattern where when there is a DBZ character, they will most likely win.

Anywho, I voted Batman, despite the fact Iron Man horribly stomps.
This would be presuming no prep time for both sides (and possibly speed equalised). Prep time Batman can be very horrible. And since herald DC characters scale to Flash in AP and Wonder Woman in combat speed... It comes down to what is given to each side. But yeah no prep time Batman gets obliterated by Iron Man really hard.

Ah that poll results mean that that battle turned into Dragon Ball fandom + Pokemo hatedom vs Dragon Ball hatedom + Pokemon fandom fast

@Unoriginal Memes + Psychomaster35

Depending on what is given to Tien Shinha, Tien may defeat Hiei quite easily. Likely it is another Roshi vs Jiraiya in the case that Tien stat stomps despite Hiei has an advantage in hax.

Beerus losing to Thanos or Darkseid is more likely.

DBX is purely a popularity contest now. Hardly anybody votes for the character that they know would win through research. Thus Hiei will most likely win even if DBX allowed him to go into his non-existent super form that they made up.

Jason@ Remind you that we had a Bat Vs Iron (Prep-time for both) back then in april, and Iron was leading in that battle, not taking into account that this was before Iron Man had a hax upgrade.

I telling ya, if my Iron Boy get's a third loss in said channel, I will cry like hell.

Back