• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Next episode is the 13th and comes out in October. Best case scenario for a Halloween-themed DB. Researcher is apparently Ultraguy so I feel Dio VS Alucard may happen.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Next episode is the 13th and comes out in October. Best case scenario for a Halloween-themed DB. Researcher is apparently Ultraguy so I feel Dio VS Alucard may happen.
I would welcome Dio Brando vs Alucard (Hellsing) like JJBA characters are common suggestions for versus debates includ8ng Death Battle.

However the main theme of Death Battle Season Six is about long overdue battles so Michael Myers vs Jason Voorhees is also quite likely to come.

Dio vs Alucard seems too soon considering what they said on the cast. Swan would be all over it when it happens though, can't wait to see Schrodinger get mind controlled and road-roller'd to death.

Kingo the Sixth said:
Dio vs Alucard seems too soon considering what they said on the cast. Swan would be all over it when it happens though, can't wait to see Schrodinger get mind controlled and road-roller'd to death.
Alucard himself is able to no-sell mind control and road roller will do absolutely nothing to him, while Dio was worried about dying when Polnareff pierced his head with Silver Chariot. One solid placed shot and Dio is ******* gone. And no, Dio can't tank bullets. He gets shot in Part 1 and you clearly see the bullet go through him. Alucard's handcannons will ******* destroy him.

He'll probably think he won cause he has a habit of being the cockiest person of all time, which will allow Alucard to place the shot he needs to win it.

Alucard himself is able to no-sell mind control and road roller will do absolutely nothing to him, while Dio was worried about dying when Polnareff pierced his head with Silver Chariot. One solid placed shot and Dio is ******* gone. And no, Dio can't tank bullets. He gets shot in Part 1 and you clearly see the bullet go through him. Alucard's handcannons will ******* destroy him.

He'll probably think he won cause he has a habit of being the cockiest person of all time, which will allow Alucard to place the shot he needs to win it.

I'm joking lol. Swan's argument for Dio beating Schrodicard is that he would be able to use those brain parasites on Alucard's physical body in order to make himself want to die, willing himself into non-existence. Was just making a joke about that. I myself don't buy it, since Shrodicard's physical form shouldn't really matter at that point.

Jasonsith said:
If I do not remember wrong, Alucard's normal attack potency is around 0.014805327 Tons of TNT, with telekinesis at 13.32 tons of TNT.
Dio is likely 1.01 ton TNT, possibly wanked to 5.111 kilotons of TNT by the (debunked) diamond tooth cleavage feat.

Also, Dio is "close to light speed" by SA, and is 365 c by this. Alucard is 33 times speed of... sound.

Count how many times Dio can punch a 0.015 ton TNT Alucard with 1.01 ton TNT punch before Alucard can do anything.
The problem is, Dio will think that it's all over at that point and get cocky as is in character for him to do so. At that point he just leaves himself open for Alucard to land the finishing blow as Dio CAN'T keep Alucard down, while Alucard can keep Dio down.

If it's Dio vs regular Alucard, I'd side with Dio. It does depend on location though. If it's in an area where the sun isn't visible, then The World I think is just too much for him to handle. It's ridiculously faster and without Level Zero should at least match Al in pure power. The time stop makes it borderline impossible for Al to actually land a hit. Dio is very cocky, but he isn't an idiot who will let himself get freely hit. I Even if Al does land a shot, it likely wouldn't be fatal. How would he know that the brain is a vulnerable spot for Dio in the first place? Al would be constantly failing to land anything while Dio chips away at his souls. It would take a few hours at least, but The World is strong enough to get through all 3 million in a very tedious process. In a location where the sun is a factor it's trickier, cause the sun is pretty much Al's only way to kill Dio short of him literally just standing still. I'd still pick Dio though, again he isn't an idiot and once he realises the sun is coming out he'll head to somewhere where he knows he'll be safe.

All that's assuming Al doesn't unleash Level Zero, which is ironically a death sentence for him, despite being stronger. Dio's ridiculous speed advantage would just allow him to stop time, feast on Al's army for a nice snack and healing, and kill the squishy Alucard core.

Kingo the Sixth said:
How would he know that the brain is a vulnerable spot for Dio in the first place?
Check his first fight against the vampire priest when he's facing the ghouls, his fights against Anderson and his fights against Luke Valentine. He aims for the head every single time.

That's true, but again I don't think he could land anything in the first place. Once he see all his bullets getting deflected or missing, he's probably gonna try a different tactic which isn't gonna work out too well for him. Even then, I'm not sure a single bullet to the brain will be enough to kill Dio. Dude went through a lot of stuff. I reckon it might take 2 or 3 shots at least based on the placement of Silver Chariot in that one scene, and the moment Al actually does land a head shot, Dio is gonna be way more on-guard and cautious, and won't let it happen again.

Kingo the Sixth said:
That's true, but again I don't think he could land anything in the first place. Once he see all his bullets getting deflected or missing, he's probably gonna try a different tactic which isn't gonna work out too well for him. Even then, I'm not sure a single bullet to the brain will be enough to kill Dio. Dude went through a lot of stuff. I reckon it might take 2 or 3 shots at least based on the placement of Silver Chariot in that one scene, and the moment Al actually does land a head shot, Dio is gonna be way more on-guard and cautious, and won't let it happen again.
You also see Schrodinger on the boat delivering a message and then in the next shot he's next to Major and the next shot he's on the boat again, which leads me to believe that Alucard can shoot from a bunch of places at once, while other Alucard's try to beat down on Dio. Imagination can run wild when the implications of Alucard Schrodinger are as big as they are. Nevermind the fact that the beatdowns on Alucard that Dio gives will be rendered moot by the fact that Schrodinger believes them to not have happened.

Oh I agree Schrodinger likely takes it, if only because Dio doesn't really have any way to kill him while eventually the sun will take him out, I'm just talking about regular Alucard, pre-schrodinger, against Dio haha.

Vaporizing Freeze is so cold it literally turned Dire's body into ice when Dio got to use it for long enough, so he could probably ignore Alucard's regen with that if that was a remotely in character move.

It's very important to remember that DIO's fight with Jotaro was a heavily out-of-character fight for DIO. He'd probably try to coax Alucard into joining him or something, using a Fleash Bud. DIO should also have Social Influencing since his presence calms even those who know who he is.

Kingo the Sixth said:
Oh I agree Schrodinger likely takes it, if only because Dio doesn't really have any way to kill him while eventually the sun will take him out, I'm just talking about regular Alucard, pre-schrodinger, against Dio haha.
I guess I agree with that as well, but the truth is we don't know the limit of his Regenerationn in Level Zero as well. Alucard refers to himself as dying during his turning into a vampire, he refers to himself as "dying" when Hellsing beat him and made him the lapdog of his foundation and he refers to himself as "dying" when Schrodinger takes over. But, he never really truly dies. The best we have is him regenerating at everything that is thrown at him and basically it's like a toss up on whether you believe Dio can beat his Regenerationn before the sun shows up. Should be a hard task, as we literally see Alucard regenerate through cards that stop Regenerationn, so I see it as a 50/50 chance. Nevermind the fact that he can also easily pull the trick he did on Walter when he was in level zero and bait Dio out with his illusions. Hopefully they'll take into consideration the vast abilities on Alucard's disposal to deal with the fact that he's "weaker", which I don't buy cause I'm under the idea that his strength should scale to his telekinesis.

That's fair. Alucard is one of those characters who has crazy abilities that aren't fully defined very well. I just don't think Alucard would be able to really do anything to someone as fast as Dio on top of a timestop. Logically level zero should prevent him from regenerating considering he releases everything he's got, but then he does regenerate in it iirc, so maybe he keeps a few souls for protection? Either way I think it's more likely that Dio takes out Alucard before the sun becomes a major issue. If the sun does burn off a part of him, he should be able to feed in Alucard and regenerate anyway, as long as it doesn't burn his head or something like that.

From what I get, Alucard's stored souls work as extra One Ups, while he does have regenerative powers of his own but not as potent as using his spare souls. I could be wrong though,

TartaChocholate said:
From what I get, Alucard's stored souls work as extra One Ups, while he does have regenerative powers of his own but not as potent as using his spare souls. I could be wrong though,
It's a theory by Alexander Anderson, but it's never really fully looked into cause the manga author didn't expect us nerds to bicker over it 20 years later lol.

Oh, I should probably mention this here

DB talked about the Vrak feat in their live Q&A earlier today. I don't have all the details of their answer because I heard about it secondhand, but basically they said it's more likely that he was waiting for the eclipse to happen instead of directly causing it. This was evidenced by a line of dialogue from him that occurred right after the eclipse happened, something along the lines of "the appointed time has arrived".

They also mentioned that Lumine's star in Megaman X8 could be illusory. In general they take the lowest result possible unless they feel absolutely sure on it or have something else.

Our approach can cause problems to, especially when we go off only one feat. Recently, Archie Sonic characters were reevaluated because the 4-B feat was based off one thing. While it actually resulted in a massive upgrade, the point stands that sometimes going off one solitary feat can be iffy

Sorvoe551 said:
Our approach can cause problems to, especially when we go off only one feat. Recently, Archie Sonic characters were reevaluated because the 4-B feat was based off one thing. While it actually resulted in a massive upgrade, the point stands that sometimes going off one solitary feat can be iffy
On a whole, it's not a solitary feat, but in the context of the Megaforce alone it is. Not MMPR tho

Sorvoe551 said:
Oh, absolutely. I don't argue otherwise.

My point was, DB goes for low ends unless they really have proof the higher feats are absolutely valid instead of giving them the benefit of doubt. Which is not wrong, just a different approach.

If you are talking about Archie the 4-B feat wasn't neither taken down nor shaky, it's just that it was found better and more consistant feats than a single one

Listened to the cats. If you're curious, here's what they said about Vrak thing

1. He's likely just waiting for the solar eclipse to happen rather than using his own power

2. In the context of the scene, it doesn't really make any sense for him to be using his own power. He was fighting off the Megaforce Rangers essentially while waiting for the solar eclipse to occur, at which point he started going all out. If he was this powerful on his own, why did he need to wait for the solar eclipse to happen?

3. It's inconsistent, if he could generate this much power on his own, why did he need the solar eclipse to power the generators? Couldn't he have powered it himself?

4. It's inconsistent with other series too. If Zords>Rangers=Vrak, then what's the deal with Serpentera? Serpentera's whole shtick was that it was so absurdly powerful it could destroy entire planets, and wrecked every other Zords it fought. If all the Zords are planet level, why was Serpentera so absurdly stronger than them, and why is it's planet-destroying capabilities such a big deal?

5. Even if it were s legit feat, and Vrak wasn't just using magic, the Rangers wouldn't scale. Vrak was pretty easily holding off the entire Megaforce cream and the Rangers in fact COULDN'T destroy the drills. Even when the Rangers did their power of friendship attack and united the morphing grid like in every Power Rangers series, it could not beat Vrak. The only reason they managed to defeat him was through a solar-eclipse powered Sky Strike, which hit with the power of about 5000 Rangers. So, maybe 1 Ranger=1/5000th planet level, but the feat isn't legit in the first place so they aren't.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger here lol.

To be clear, they made a joke about how in every Power Rangers show the bad guy loses thanks to the power of friendship uniting the morphing grid together or something like that, but they essentially tried that against Vrak and it failed. At least that's what they said.

Oh and they actually shouted out this site and Darkanine. The reason they didn't talk about Vrak in the actual episode is because a) most casual viewers aren't gonna think about this show that came out 20 years later and b) they didn't want to use their platform to single out and debunk this one guy and his calc that he put a lot of time and effort into. They call the calc itself well-done. In something like a cast that's more low-key and relaxed, it's easier to talk about. Sam makes a joke about how if they ever need to calc a solar eclipse feat they'll use that as a basis.

In the DB Cast, they mentioned that the script had Tommy being shown at the end picking up a busted Dragon Dagger. This was cut due to the time and cost it would take. Just like how Akane was supposed to be seen as well after the fight.

Back