• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

The real cal howard said:
I wouldn't go that far but the comic profiles here are freaking awful. I promise if any anime character had the amount of uni feats Marvel and DC had, they'd be made tier 2 in an instant, and would be quickly rising up the ranks.
Sorry to point out the obvious but that is just an awful comparation, one that you have done many times I recall.

I actually believe that we may downgrade most if all of Marvel/DC's 4-Bs as there are barely any support for Solar System level characters in current comics.

Luv how Comic book characters get downgraded to hell meanwhile Anime/novels/Vidya etc upgraded on feats that are based on the flimsy/dubious shit possible ******* hilarious

Newendigo said:
The real cal howard said:
I wouldn't go that far but the comic profiles here are freaking awful. I promise if any anime character had the amount of uni feats Marvel and DC had, they'd be made tier 2 in an instant, and would be quickly rising up the ranks.
Sorry to point out the obvious but that is just an awful comparation, one that you have done many times I recall.
I actually believe that we may downgrade most if all of Marvel/DC's 4-Bs as there are barely any support for Solar System level characters in current comics.
lul

Tipper17 said:
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Please don't remind us of that train wreck of an episode please.
Still find it funny how it didn't cause a shitstorm
It's cause people massively preferred hiei and didn't care. Also because of Seththeprogrammer saying that Sasuke didn't scale to Naruto.

As much as I want a Link vs Cloud rematch, I don't like Link's chances in this fight. The only way I could see Link winning is if DB composites him and gives him the best powers and weapons from each incarnation, and even then, it would be a very close fight.

It's not an awful comparison. Superman has more tier 2 feats than Goku has brain cells. But because people are still pissy because Kal beat him and have been making sure that comic characters are as weak as they can make them. I say that a lot because it's true. And idc how accusatory that sounds to the people in general. It's how I feel.

Also keep in mind this isn't directed to you specifically.

It's not an awful comparison. Superman has more tier 2 feats than Goku has brain cells. But because people are still pissy because Kal beat him and have been making sure that comic characters are as weak as they can make them. I say that a lot because it's true. And idc how accusatory that sounds to the people in general. It's how I feel.

Also keep in mind this isn't directed to you specifically.

Said thing is I definitely feel that's the case

to be fair,anime and manga are written by one writer at a time

it is hard to properly scale comic book characters,when in one comic they tank universal attack,and in the next one (by another author) they are damaged by USSR Nuke,or some stupid thing like that

I dunno if this is unpopular or not, but Ness VS. Frisk does not sound like it'll be a fun or entertaining DB just by the nature of both's powers.

I honestly think Silver, maybe Chrono if we push it, and mayyyybe Shulk (cause that's even been a debate among the DB Crew at least back in the day) are likely to be Ness's opponents unless they find some other psychic kid who became one with the universe to ward off an abstract eldritch abomination.

^ It's funny because I also thought of that after posting it.

But I think Tetsuo is reserved for Magneto. If Tetsuo is used against Ness I'd feel pretty bad for just how badly the little shit wrecks his shit when he could've just fougt Mags for an easy win. though this can also apply to Silver as well

Foxthefox1000 said:
^ It's funny because I also thought of that after posting it.
But I think Tetsuo is reserved for Magneto. If Tetsuo is used against Ness I'd feel pretty bad for just how badly the little shit wrecks his shit when he could've just fougt Mags for an easy win. though this can also apply to Silver as well
I'd rather have Magneto vs Accelerator personally out of any of Magneto's matchups.

All absolutely true.

In a lot of ways, matching up manga vs comicbooks can be a bit unfair at times. Manga/Anime characters usually only have one writer and progress as their story goes on. They may increase in power or get new abilities, but it's dependent on the nature of the verse their in. Sometimes that means they have only a handful of abilities, others, they end up with a bunch of abilities. However, their stories eventually end and the character levels out in terms of powers.

Comicbook characters just go on and on, usually. They gain new powers, skills and abilities as the Plot demands. Then a new writer takes over and the character gets more stuff. Rinse and repeat for decades at a time. I mean, just look at Post-Crisis Superman. His page is the best showing of this. Look at all the applications and resistances that we've tracked for him and him alone. That is the result of having multiple writers and technically, he's still going due to how Rebirth happened.

Then add Screwattack's bad handling of continuity. Goku vs Superman 1 is effectively Manga Goku with access to SS4 vs. a Composite Superman made out of Pre-Cisis, Post-Crisis and All-Star and probably more. They took feats from mutiple versions of Superman and even outright messed one the feats they claimed. Shoot, I was salty about that when the episode came out, not who won.

So, honestly, whose chances of winning are higher? Danny's or Yusuke's? Cause it seems Danny has the speed advantage while the Spirit Detective has the AP and Durability advantage.

But seriously I've wanted Ness and Silver in for a while now and at this point I can see both being put against each other. Outside of this wiki I'm not sure how the RT view the stupid hax that insta wins or stalemates most verses so I think the animation potential for Ness VS. Silver is better than their other matches.

Foxthefox1000 said:
But seriously I've wanted Ness and Silver in for a while now and at this point I can see both being put against each other. Outside of this wiki I'm not sure how the RT view the stupid hax that insta wins or stalemates most verses so I think the animation potential for Ness VS. Silver is better than their other matches.
Ness's hax still gets tested by Blazblue.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Personally, Silver is probably fit more to fight Trunks or Grovyle (PMD Explorers).

All absolutely true.

In a lot of ways, matching up manga vs comicbooks can be a bit unfair at times. Manga/Anime characters usually only have one writer and progress as their story goes on. They may increase in power or get new abilities, but it's dependent on the nature of the verse their in. Sometimes that means they have only a handful of abilities, others, they end up with a bunch of abilities. However, their stories eventually end and the character levels out in terms of powers.

Comicbook characters just go on and on, usually. They gain new powers, skills and abilities as the Plot demands. Then a new writer takes over and the character gets more stuff. Rinse and repeat for decades at a time. I mean, just look at Post-Crisis Superman. His page is the best showing of this. Look at all the applications and resistances that we've tracked for him and him alone. That is the result of having multiple writers and technically, he's still going due to how Rebirth happened.

Then add Screwattack's bad handling of continuity. Goku vs Superman 1 is effectively Manga Goku with access to SS4 vs. a Composite Superman made out of Pre-Cisis, Post-Crisis and All-Star and probably more. They took feats from mutiple versions of Superman and even outright messed one the feats they claimed. Shoot, I was salty about that when the episode came out, not who won.

the literally stated in that video Pre-crisis Superman was far beyond goku so they stuck to his post crisis version plus they composite Post crisis with all star etc other than that I agree

EJthe24th said:
So, honestly, whose chances of winning are higher? Danny's or Yusuke's? Cause it seems Danny has the speed advantage while the Spirit Detective has the AP and Durability advantage.
We don't even know who Danny gonna fight.

Silver is not fighting Grovyle and I'm almost certain of that.

As for Trunks, I can't deny it, but the animation potential is absolute crap unless they give Silver the Wisps and other equipment. It's the reason people havw problems with Beerus VS. Arceus as a DB. One fights CQC plus has ranged shit while the other can't fight CQC and can literally stand there the whole time if it wanted as well as has hax that doesn't require any movement and showing that off in animation would be tough

Tipper17 said:
the literally stated in that video Pre-crisis Superman was far beyond goku so they stuck to his post crisis version plus they composite Post crisis with all star etc other than that I agree
Then I rememebered wrong. It's been literally years since I watched it and NEVER revisited since.

Trunks and Silver literally also have a single broad connection. Hell, most if not all of his MUs have single broad connections

Difference is that Ness and Silver are psychic kids who time travel in order to save their universes from an evil "god" or god-like being that required positive thoughts and prayers and their friends to beat. Giygas and Mephiles also manipulated the minds of others (albeit through differing means), and they're both generally not CQC fighters.

I never claimed it was the most thematic fight in existence, but of the options I genuinely like Ness the most and feel the animation potential is mostly the reason for it. Him against Trunks if not given Wisps or other pieces of equipment (and let's be honest DB wouldn't) would just be him slamming Trunks against the ground or chucking him somewhere via TK the whole time and launching shit at Trunks the whole time as well. When Trunks inevitably goes for CQC they'll have to make up Silver suddenly being a god at H2H and Melee combat if they want it to be entertaining, otherwise it's just what I said before but rinse and repeat until one kills the other (Silver would win here based on 2-C high-end stats and speed while DB and literally everywhere else would have Trunks win)

Back