• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

To make a much longer story short, while range does not necessarily correlate to potency in a 1-1 ratio, it's hard to quantify the potency of mindhax in general. Things like that have to be done on a case by case basis, but range is generally a pretty decent way to get an estimate. Controlling a bunch of non-resistant people at the same time a planetary distance away is obviously harder than controlling one non-resistant person.

Hey, if someone tried a trick that seems like Genjutsu after trespassing in hidden lands, I'd immediately jump to murder too.

Also, Obi-Wan's model almost looks the one from the 2007 Episode 3 hack-and-slash game, which makes me happy since that was one of my first games on the PS2. Bought it again recently and replayed, still holds up

Gotta say I got a chuckle out of Kakashi's dialouge. It's a little out of character but then again, Obi-Wan is trespassing and, instead of trying defuse the situation with some that famed Jedi diplomancy, he tried to use some mind control.

I'd be a little pissed if I was Kakashi.

Weather.gov said:
Technically, lightning is the movement of electrical charges and doesn't have a temperature; however, resistance to the movement of these electrical charges causes the materials that the lightning is passing through to heat up.

If an object is a good conductor of electricity, it won't heat up as much as a poor conductor. Air is a very poor conductor of electricity and gets extremely hot when lightning passes through it. In fact, lightning can heat the air it passes through to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5 times hotter than the surface of the sun).
Now the tricky part is:

1. While Ultraguy did mention the lightsaber is hotter than the sun surface, he does not mention how much. He also mentions "it cannot cut through the hyper-dense Beskar Mandalorian metal, the hide of a Zillo Beast, or the blade of another Lightsaber".

2. If a light saber is stated elsewhere to be able to block natural lightning and Force lightning, then it simply defeats the argument for Kakashi lightning can cut through Obi-Wan's light saber and Force lightning.

3. It is important to realize that the sun's surface (or should I say, the atmosphere right above the sun surface) is actually its coolest layer. Dive a little down to its core, and you'd encounter plasma temperatures of about 15 million kelvins (about 27 million degrees Fahrenheit). Things also heat up just above the sun's surface, as its atmosphere exceeds temperatures of 500,000 kelvins (about 900,000 degrees Fahrenheit).

4. "Power is the rate at which energy is used or transferred," explains University of Washington physics professor Robert H. Holzworth. "So power is energy per second, and the energy per second in lighting can be very high, but it only lasts a really, really, short time, like tens of microseconds. So the total energy isn't like the total energy from the sun, obviously, but the rate the energy dissipates can be very large. It's one of the most powerful natural phenomena on Earth."

So I wonder how the research crew would look into this factor. Like if the light saber is actually 500,000 kelvins instead of 10,000 kelvins this would defeat the argument of using the kakashi cutting lightning feat to dispel Obi-Wan's light saber.

@ C2 of Omegon

I know. This is Death battle after all. At least the crew try to make up a reason for a fight. They have been accused of not giving the reason for a fight in their latest episodes, like Weiss Schnee vs Mitsuru Kirijo, Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla and Miles Morales vs Static.

Also, since Kakashi's main lightning attack is shoving his tazer hand into his opponent, Obi-Wan blocking that would result in Kakashi's arm being split in two

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Don't worry to much about it. Death Battles verdict is subjective.
To be fair, all verdicts are, to a degree. Facts exist but it's up to the individual to interpret them, and Fiction can be wierd. Kakashi has a decent chance of winning with similar speed and an ability that Kenobi doesn't have a counter to, which means that even if I think that Obi-Wan wins more, I'll accept a win either way.

Back