• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Kakashi Hatake REMATCH (6-2-0)

vs

Dual Mangekyo Sharingan is used
SBA
Speed Equal

Obi-Wan: @Robo432343 @Quibster @C2_of_Omegon @Spectra_Schiffer @Tomfer @Accelerated_Evolution

Kakashi: @DavidTPPM @Patates

Last edited:
5B AP doesn't really mean he has 5B DC. And if he gets to the dimension he's stuck forever so that'd be an auto BFR GG.
🗿ok it looks like kakashi stomps

does mangekyo sharingan also have passive kamui or is it only dual mangekyo?

🗿ok it looks like kakashi stomps

does mangekyo sharingan also have passive kamui or is it only dual mangekyo?
Kakashi only has passive kamui with DMS.
But he also only has susanoo and kamui raikiri with DMS so if you were to downgrade Kakashi to just 1 MS then he would essentially have no win cons and risk getting one shotted at all times.
Well technically except genjutsu but that's not in character for him.

5B AP doesn't really mean he has 5B DC.
Ob1 is 5-B dura with force amps
Does Obiwan have any counters to kamui?
Precog and TK'ing Kakashi like a rag-doll with the force, the latter of which is astronomically less limited and comparable to Pain's Gravity Manip (as in, having no "recharge" timer). Since speed is equal this is sort of boils down to who draws the gun first. As for Kakashi there's no way he's going to copy the force.

It's also worth noting that force users are trained to neg precog.

Ob1 can also casually just,

And if he gets to the dimension he's stuck forever so that'd be an auto BFR GG.
Kakashi is on a timer, no? DMS relies on Obito's charkra which only lasts for a several minutes at best iirc, after which it's gone forever (gee thanks obito).

These are my initial thoughts for now; I think Obi-wan outdoes Kakashi here, and even has mental barriers to circumvent Genjutsu, but I'm going to wait on more insight from both sides of this debate. I'll be watching!

Edit: Man, Luke never gets any matches even after the stuff he's featured in Post-RotJ lmaoo

Last edited:
Ob1 has 5-B dura with force amps
That also doesn't give him 5-B DC
Precog and TK'ing kakashi like a rag-doll with the force, the latter of which is much less limited and comparable to Pain's Gravity Manip (as in, having no "recharge" timer). Since speed is equal this is sort of boils down to who draws the gun first. As for Kakashi there's no way he's going to copy the force.
Why wouldn't force just pass through Kakashi due to kamui?
It's also worth noting that force users are specifically trained to neg precog as they fight.
Precog is extremely common in Kakashis level yet he never really suffers from his opponents having it so i don't think either of them will have an upper hand thanka to it.
There's also difference in analytical prediction and outright precog.
Ob1 can also just,
Iirc he can't actually do that to living beings + kamui just makes him pass through it.
Also crushing someone or throwing them around is a thing of lifting strength, not AP. And both are class G. So Ob1 is absolutely NOT crushing him or throwing him around.
Kakashi is on a timer, no? DMS only lasts for a few minutes, after which it's gone forever (gee thanks obito).
No. The "time limit" is basically however long can Obito give Kakashi chakra. Even heavily fatigued Kakashi and Obito could keep DMS up for like 5-10 minutes so it really shouldn't be an issue when they don't start fatigued here.
Also, watching this thread for now. These are my initial thoughts for now; I think Obi-wan outdoes Kakashi here, and even has mental barriers to circumvent Sharingan, but I'm going to wait on more insight from both sides of this debate.
If Kakashi were to come to the conclusion that he will run out of DMS before he can kill Ob1 he will just one shot with layered mind hax with genjustu.
But generally Ob1 can't hit him and can't get hit or he'll die instantly so Kakashi definitely has the upper hand by a significant margin

Why wouldn't force just pass through Kakashi due to kamui?
Firstly, Kamui isn't passive at all and relies on the Sharingan to predict which points of the body to phase in-and-out to the Kamui Dimension (Minato v. Tobi, Tobi v. Fuu and Torune has addressed this thoroughly). Whereas the Force is TK that doesn't need to travel to grab/affect a point, much like Pain's Gravity Manip.
Precog is extremely common in Kakashis level yet he never really suffers from his opponents having it so i don't think either of them will have an upper hand thanka to it.
There's also difference in analytical prediction and outright precog.
Iirc he can't actually do that to living beings + kamui just makes him pass through it.
Secondly, the force is an omnipresent, interstellar (for now) energy field that Ob1 can control with a thought . It's also impossible for Kakashi to predict which parts of the body the Force hits in this case, because the Force is an intangible, invisible energy. Even if you operate under the conclusion that Kakashi can Kamui out of harm, that doesn't dismiss the fact that it's thought-based TK that doesn't travel to reach it's point. How would he know which parts to phase out in this case?

Kakashi also wasn't even able to do anything against Pain's Gravity Manip, which is the most comparable thing to Force TK you have in Naruto; it doesn't travel and just grabs you. Ob1's works to a vastly greater extent without need of visuals on the target, and affects all living things.

Kakashi would need to completely retreat into the Kamui dimension to avoid the Force. He's not going to cheese things such as force blasts unless the Sharingan allows him to perceive the Force itself. Which he can't. The force is an external energy field whereas chakra is internal energy; they are two very fundamentally different things that even verse energy equalization cannot fix.
If Kakashi were to come to the conclusion that he will run out of DMS before he can kill Ob1 he will just one shot with layered mind hax with genjustu.
But generally Ob1 can't hit him and can't get hit or he'll die instantly so Kakashi definitely has the upper hand by a significant margin
Genjutsu in this match has already been debunked before. I'm not going to even bother with this one. Someone else do it lmao

No. The "time limit" is basically however long can Obito give Kakashi chakra. Even heavily fatigued Kakashi and Obito could keep DMS up for like 5-10 minutes so it really shouldn't be an issue when they don't start fatigued here.
I looked more into this and apparently Obito "possessed" Kakashi during the fight with Kaguya. Still, it uses Obito's Chakra reserves, not Kakashi's-- it's a little worth noting here.

And both are class G. So Ob1 is absolutely NOT crushing him or throwing him around.
If Kakashi doesn't resist Interstellar 5-B TK then it will affect him. Ob1's LS is also derived from the Force. Are you trying to suggest that Kakashi can just wiggle his way out of Force TK?

Last edited:
Firstly, Kamui isn't passive at all and relies on the Sharingan to predict which points of the body to phase in-and-out to the Kamui Dimension (Minato v. Tobi, Tobi v. Fuu and Torune has addressed this thoroughly). Whereas the Force is TK that doesn't need to travel to grab/affect a point, much like Pain's Gravity Manip.
The 4th databook verbatim states kamui works even unconsciously. This is specifically noted on his profile with the same scan.
Kakashi also wasn't even able to do anything against Pain's Gravity Manip, which is the most comparable thing to Force TK you have in Naruto; it doesn't travel and just grabs you. Ob1's works to a vastly greater extent without need of visuals on the target, and affects all living things.
Did you actually read/watch Naruto? Because that's not DMS Kakashi. Pain arc Kakashi literally does not have the sharingan that makes you slip through objects…
The force is an external energy field whereas chakra is internal energy; they are two very fundamentally different things that even verse energy equalization cannot fix.
Kid named nature energy:
Genjutsu in this match has already been debunked before. I'm not going to even bother with this one.
It wasn't. The layers were accepted in an individual thread and are still accepted on the verse page. If you question them go make a CRT on it…
Ehh. Does that mean Kakashi is bloodlusted? Interesting.
No? But he's smart enough to realize his limits. We've seen that plenty in the series.
If Kakashi doesn't resist Interstellar TK then it will affect him. Ob1's LS is also derived from the Force. Are you trying to suggest that Kakashi can just wiggle his way out of Force TK?
The TK is only class G. Kakashi is also class G but 15x above Ob1. So it might not even affect him.

The 4th databook verbatim states kamui works even unconsciously. This is specifically noted on his profile with the same scan.
Unconsciously =/= Passively.

Kamui only affects physical objects and attacks, whereas the force is an intangible, omnipresent (interstellar) energy that lacks any physical form for Kakashi to unconsciously react to. Kakashi cannot percieve the force, and in order to unconsciously react to it, he must be able to percieve it; else that's there's nothing to unconsciously react to by which to trigger a response to.
Did you actually read/watch Naruto? Because that's not DMS Kakashi.
All the way through (minus the ******* filler) to the end of Shippuden. I'm even reading Two Blue Vortex but it's not as great imo. It's interesting though!
Pain arc Kakashi literally does not have the sharingan that makes you slip through objects…
The entire point of that argument was to suggest that there is no object (in this case, the force) by which for Kamui to interact/react to. Because the Force isn't a visible, tangible object, it's an interstellar, omnipresent energy that exists everywhere and in living creatures.

I'll also say it again: Kakashi cannot percieve the Force.
Kid named nature energy:
The Sharingan and Kakashi cannot percieve nature energy.

It wasn't. The layers were accepted in an individual thread and are still accepted on the verse page. If you question them go make a CRT on it…
Is there a link to this?

The TK is only class G. Kakashi is also class G but 15x above Ob1. So it might not even affect him.
This is invalid. TK LS on this site is not indicative of TK's ability to restrain, it's only a metric for weight respectively. The force is explicitly referred to as an energy, and would use AP for that. LS is irrelevant in this case.

Last edited:
Unconsciously =/= Passively.
Literally the same in this context 💀
Kamui only affects physical objects and attacks,
Why would that be? Naruto has plenty non physical attacks yet the databook states "any attack will slip through" kamui users.
whereas the force is an intangible, omnipresent (interstellar) energy that lacks any physical form for Kakashi to unconsciously react to.
Kakashi doesn't need to react to it when it works unconsciously.
All the way through (minus the ******* filler) to the end of Shippuden. I'm even reading Two Blue Vortex but it's not as great imo. It's interesting though!
Then why did you mention Kakashi not slipping through pains attacks????
The entire point of that argument was to suggest that there is no object (in this case, the force) by which for Kamui to interact/react to.
It doesn't need to tho? If a part of Kakashis body gets interacted with by literally anything the part of his body goes to another dimension. He doesn't need to interact with an object as kamui solely depends on manipulating the user's own body here.
Because the Force isn't a visible, tangible object
The Totsuka Blade isn't tangible either yet kamui can slip through any attack.
I'll also say it again: Kakashi cannot percieve the Force.
And I'll say it again, it doesn't matter whether he can or cannot perceive it.
Is there a link to this?
Yeah
This is invalid. TK LS on this site is not indicative of TK's ability to restrain, it's only a metric for weight respectively. The force is explicitly referred to as an energy, and would use AP for that. LS is irrelevant in this case.
Crushing, immobilizing, lifting, etc, are all based on lifting strength. Crushing Kakashi would be based on lifting strength because it's literally that. Crushing. Not striking.

Literally the same in this context 💀
They are two fundamentally different words that have relevant meaning on this site. And for the last time, Kakashi's Kamui isn't passive. It requires chakra to use and isn't on forever, on top of costing an abysmal amount of chakra to use Kamui in the first place. If it were passive, then it would be online, all the time, no matter what (like Ness's passive fate manip). It is a distinction that is important to point out; else it's misleading to those who aren't familiar with the verse.

Why would that be? Naruto has plenty non physical attacks yet the databook states "any attack will slip through" kamui users.
Because the Force doesn't fall under any category by which Kamui or Kakashi can interact with. "Any attack will slip through" in his verse, that's the real difference here. If we applied that logic across the board, and to other verses, then truly nothing would be able to reach Kakashi.

The force has no mass or volume to send away because the force is intangible, immaterial, and already exists anywhere and everywhere.
Kakashi doesn't need to react to it when it works unconsciously.
...against physical objects and attacks. Stop leaving that out.

The force isn't a physical object or physical attack that Kamui can bypass. It's also not physical to begin with.

The Totsuka Blade isn't tangible either yet kamui can slip through any attack.
This is completely irrelevant??

Then why did you mention Kakashi not slipping through pains attacks????
It was an example to make it easy to understand how the Force would interact. Kakashi can't slip through Obiwan's TK, similar to how he couldn't break through Pain's Gravity manip.

It doesn't need to tho? If a part of Kakashis body gets interacted with by literally anything the part of his body goes to another dimension. He doesn't need to interact with an object as kamui solely depends on manipulating the user's own body here.
The Force doesn't need to travel to affect a target. Unless there's proof of Kakashi being able to explicitly deal with, 5B, higher dimensional/nondual/conceptual TK, then he's getting ragged plain and simple. Obi-wan is also capable of outright crushing both his eyes.

Addressing the link you gave. According to the other link, linked by the OP, and approved as precedent;

"Genjutsu should work as long as one of two criteria are met, the person in question has senses tied to a Physical body or is made out of energy that can be equalized to chakra, of course, how effective the genjutsu is will entirely rely on a case to case basis, either the specific genjutsu, the person performing the ability and how it matches with other verse mechanics. however, the bigger point here is that not having chakra or a chakra pathway system does not give you Inherent resistance to Genjutsu."

Under these stipulations that were approved, and the fact that Force isn't even a comparable energy system in any way, Ob1 doesn't meet these criteria at all. As I had mentioned before, the force is an external and omnipresent energy that permeates through all living things, by which Force Users control. It is best described as an "energy field" that Force users interact with and control at-will with their thoughts and emotions.

Sage Chakra doesn't even come close, since it is strictly an External energy source that Sages have to channel/store into themselves. Sage Chakra also isn’t as abundant in supply in comparison— it’d be like comparing a popsicle stick to an entire tree. Force Users also don't need to charge up/store energy to use the force anyways. It's an unlimited supply that they're essentially attuned to.

Last-minute edit: I'm also realizing that Tutamini's can disperse Kakashi's left eye Kamui ability, lmao. Also Jedi are trained to resist mind tricks and mental illusions.

Last edited:
And I'll say it again, it doesn't matter whether he can or cannot perceive it.
Kakashi can’t avoid omnipresent TK, especially TK that functions on a higher dimensional, conceptual scale.

The whole unconscious reaction argument is baseless if you’re already moving, breathing, and acting within the energy by which it functions. It matters a lot actually.
Crushing, immobilizing, lifting, etc, are all based on lifting strength. Crushing Kakashi would be based on lifting strength because it's literally that. Crushing. Not striking.
This isn't the case at all for Force TK, since it's energy-based and the LS site page even distinguishes a difference on that front. The Force is also not a physical force that Kakashi can brutestrength out of unless there's proof that he can interact with the Force. Kakashi also can't interact with the Force to begin with, so this is also irrelevant. Force TK on this site uses AP for crushing/immobilizing, not LS. LS only applies to weight for Force TK specifically. LS is not indicative of Force TK's ability to crush, because Force TK uses AP/SP. Even Vader's page uses AP for TK/TK Crush feats, not LS. The same Vader that Ob1 can telekinetically stalemate. Drop this please.

Last edited:
I think I've outlined my reasons enough here.

I'm voting Kenobi for my reasons above for now assuming this isn't a stomp. There is no scan/proof of Kakashi being able to interact with higher-dimensional, nondual, omnipresent TK and Perfect Susanoo just makes him a bigger target; which would put Kakashi at a greater disadvantage/makes very little difference. On top of this, Kamui shenanigans aren't going to protect Kakashi against the Force; since the force isn't an object that needs to travel or "pass through things" to function; it's everywhere. A lot of what Kakashi would throw is either going to be deflected, channeled with Tutaminis, or blocked with force amps without the need to preserve Chakra like Kakashi has to.

Last edited:
Obi fra...provided this ain't a stomp. I'll presume this is EU Obi? Cuz if so, he can other things...like read Kakashi's mind on what he's going to do and Kakashi has no way to respond.

That said, I will say this about a previous point made here...while the Force is infinite, the ability to use it over and over isn't. If Kakashi had better defenses and better reserves of stamina it would be possible to Obi to exhaust his ability to employ the Force. But that would be entirely dependent on what Obi-wan would be trying to do and how much effort that would take and that's not in Obi-wan's nature to go Force Unleashed on people. So...yeah...

As per SBA! Else Kakashi blends Obiwan into a smoothie and this turns into a legendary curbstomp

Also yeah, while the force is Infinite, Obiwan's stamina isn't. I can see this match being quick since a prolonged fight benefits neither of them.

Felt it prudent to elaborate on this portion here,

Apparently Genjutsu won't work thanks to force users having Low 1-C Telepathy/Mindhax and 4-D/Higher-dimensional senses. On top of a slew of other justifications. These revisions cant come soon enough lol

Edit: Credit to the recent Obito v. Vader sister thread for some insight
The first scan does not mention anything Low 1-C, it just says its on a mental rather than physical plane. The second doesn't mention 4-D senses

I think Obi-Wan doesn't become literally one with the Force to the same extent as Barriss, so it might not apply to him. Looking at Kakashi's profile, it seems like Genjutsu cannot affect these senses but it shouldn't grant Obi-Wan a resistance to Genjutsu, for the same reason why having extrasensory perception doesn't grant resistance to Perception manipulation

I think Obi-Wan doesn't become literally one with the Force to the same extent as Barriss, so it might not apply to him. Looking at Kakashi's profile, it seems like Genjutsu cannot affect these senses but it shouldn't grant Obi-Wan a resistance to Genjutsu, for the same reason why having extrasensory perception doesn't grant resistance to Perception manipulation
who do u think wins

While Kakashi's Kamui might not be passive, it's still automatic. Also why tf is there a whole CRT going on in the versus thread?

Obi-Wan would not kill a human with the Force. He literally didn't even do it to Anakin and wouldn't have done it to Vader either. Kakashi might still be able to perform ranged attacks on Obi-Wan if he were holding him in place with the Force. I don't think he would want to use planet level force push on him either

Obi-Wan would not kill a human with the Force. He literally didn't even do it to Anakin and wouldn't have done it to Vader either.
This is a very irrelevant argument. Why does willingness to kill a human matter specifically? Obi-wan has killed Clones during Order 66, Storm Troopers while in exile, and has killed numerous beings across the galaxy during the Clone Wars. What's the metric here? He's not going to look at Kakashi and go "oh maybe he's a nice guy", after force-sensing what's coming.

He literally didn't even do it to Anakin and wouldn't have done it to Vader either.
He thought Anakin was dead for 10 entire years before an eventual rematch; and this was before A New Hope.

He also couldn't kill Vader during a New Hope because he was far weaker than his Prequel self, and because he wanted to help Luke and Leia escape by distracting Vader. Context is very important.

Kakashi might still be able to perform ranged attacks on Obi-Wan if he were holding him in place with the Force.
Obi-wan is going to deflect any projectiles with his saber, avoid with precog, and create forcefields with the force. Physical-ranged attacks such as kunai are going to be next to useless, compared to Kakashi's other options.

I don't think he would want to use planet level force push on him either.
Why? The same could be said for Kakashi's Susano'o and related attacks.

Last edited:
If the force is actually higher D then this is a stomp for obi
There's actually a lot of evidence for HD force.

Unfortunately the SW profiles are under revisions and are currently very, very lacking in info. I really want admins to put a cap on SW matches until it's fixed tbh.

This is a very irrelevant argument. Why does willingness to kill a human matter specifically? Obi-wan has killed Clones during Order 66, Storm Troopers while in exile, and has killed numerous beings across the galaxy during the Clone Wars. What's the metric here? He's not going to look at Kakashi and go "oh maybe he's a nice guy", after force-sensing what's coming.
If he's not willing to use the Force to kill humans, why would he use it on Kakashi? He kills using his lightsaber

Obi-wan is going to deflect any projectiles with his saber, avoid with precog, and create forcefields with the force. Physical-ranged attacks such as kunai are going to be next to useless, compared to Kakashi's other options.
Show me where he uses a forcefield

Why? The same could be said for Kakashi's Susano'o and related attacks.
Because he's never used planet level Force telekinesis attacks to harm someone else

If he's not willing to use the Force to kill humans, why would he use it on Kakashi? He kills using his lightsaber
He's used the Force to splatter Durge all over a room, the man is willing to use it, it's just not his go-to or first inclination. That's likely due to fact that he's been trained as a Jedi Guardian.

Back