• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Tipper17 said:
Meh while I find scaling to Solaris dubious I don't mind universal level hedgehog
On one hand, I kinda get it, but at the same time, I can see why it's not seen as legit. I have heard good arguments for both sides, so I'm neautral.

On one hand, I kinda get it, but at the same time, I can see why it's not seen as legit. I have heard good arguments for both sides, so I'm neautral.

Same here

Okay wiki people, I have a question concerning a specific match.

Okay, so as I've mentioned before, I help moderate the DB Accuracy thread on this wiki and we had to move some matches around recently due to the discovery that DB has a rule that they base their verdict on the strongest form of the fighters, unless there are a lot of hoops to jump through to access said form (for example, Roshi vs Jiraiya was always debated as Sage Mode Jiraiya vs Buff Roshi. However, Captain Marvel was not considered Binary right away due to the energy absorption required to reach that form. Esdeath's ISCiC is another example).

Acknowedging this, there's one match that's been an issue: Thanos vs Darkseid.

So I know this wiki has decided that IG Thanos vs Godhead Darkseid goes in Thanos' favor. However, the main issue I find with that match is that the setup is them in neutral territory where both of there powers work, which isn't the case for DB.

As they proved in the episode, the IG only works in its universe, 616. So Thanos is there while Godhead Darkseid is in 4th World. I think that due to this, there could be the possibility that the match up could be different. So here's my question to you all:

IG Thanos in Marvel 616 vs Godhead Darkseid utilizing his Avatars from 4th World. Given these location requirements, not throwing them in neutral territory, who do you think would win?

Sorvoe551 said:
Okay wiki people, I have a question concerning a specific match.
Okay, so as I've mentioned before, I help moderate the DB Accuracy thread on this wiki and we had to move some matches around recently due to the discovery that DB has a rule that they base their verdict on the strongest form of the fighters, unless there are a lot of hoops to jump through to access said form (for example, Roshi vs Jiraiya was always debated as Sage Mode Jiraiya vs Buff Roshi. However, Captain Marvel was not considered Binary right away due to the energy absorption required to reach that form. Esdeath's ISCiC is another example).

Acknowedging this, there's one match that's been an issue: Thanos vs Darkseid.

So I know this wiki has decided that IG Thanos vs Godhead Darkseid goes in Thanos' favor. However, the main issue I find with that match is that the setup is them in neutral territory where both of there powers work, which isn't the case for DB.

As they proved in the episode, the IG only works in its universe, 616. So Thanos is there while Godhead Darkseid is in 4th World. I think that due to this, there could be the possibility that the match up could be different. So here's my question to you all:

IG Thanos in Marvel 616 vs Godhead Darkseid utilizing his Avatars from 4th World. Given these location requirements, not throwing them in neutral territory, who do you think would win?
I think that it would be inconclusive. If I remember correctly, the Q&A for the episode mentioned that thanos could theoretically set up a law to stop Darkseid's avatars from entering 616, but they didn't consider that a win for Thanos.

I think that it would be inconclusive. If I remember correctly, the Q&A for the episode mentioned that thanos could theoretically set up a law to stop Darkseid's avatars from entering 616, but they didn't consider that a win for Thanos.

Considering that Darkseid's true form can destroy 52 universes at once, I don't think that protection would be enough for Thanos to win.

Leader Vladimir said:
Considering that Darkseid's true form can destroy 52 universes at once, I don't think that protection would be enough for Thanos to win.
Yeah but it's heavily out of character for him to do that, and Thanos still has Infinitely-above baseline Low 1-C protection to my knowledge

I think that it would be inconclusive. If I remember correctly, the Q&A for the episode mentioned that thanos could theoretically set up a law to stop Darkseid's avatars from entering 616, but they didn't consider that a win for Thanos. Considering that Darkseid's true form can destroy 52 universes at once, I don't think that protection would be enough for Thanos to win.
Yeah but it's heavily out of character for him to do that, and Thanos still has Infinitely-above baseline Low 1-C protection to my knowledge

Darkseid is also smarter and more cunning than Thanos. The episode itself has Darkseid baiting Thanos into leaving the Marvel Universe and entering the Fourth World. According to Marvel canon, Thanos' plans continuously fail because subconsciously, Thanos wants to lose.

Leader Vladimir said:
Snippity Snap
Which honestly won't really apply in the context of a death battle where he has every advantage. The gauntlet has Low 1-C range anyway, so I don't reckon it would have much of a problem dealing with Darkseid.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Leader Vladimir said:
Snippity Snap
Which honestly won't really apply in the context of a death battle where he has every advantage. The gauntlet has Low 1-C range anyway, so I don't reckon it would have much of a problem dealing with Darkseid.
This is clearly a contradiction of presumptions that

1. the Infinity Gauntlet can only work within one specific Marvel "universe" and is therefore having a Low 2-C range at best
  2. The Infinity Gauntlet has Low 1-C range
And the Rooster Teeth crew clearly thought that Thanos is Low 2-C

Nah they would've done the same for other SW characters.

Luke having mastered how to become a force ghost didn't exist when they made it not including legends and Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom is well Darth Vader not Anakin vs Doctor Doom.

Edit Who should not be able to do it as Vader

Force Ghost is completatly irrelevent to the fight, since it only happens after Obi-wan dies. And the blog is basically Legends Obi-wan wins, Disney Obi-wan loses.

Tipper17 said:
How the hell you went a creative name like "days of booster past" to to something as basic as "Force And lightning" the **** ?
Force and Lightning is actually a saying, and Obi-Wan has the force, while Kakashi has lightning.

Back