• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Newendigo said:
Tipper@ Is a general idea, obviously Clark has his times of struggle, I think he most recent stories with his familie and son John shows a lot more his human.

But in more occasions he has been written as a godlike being of unbreakable will, Superman Vs The Elite is a good example of that.
I get ur issues and I don't blame ya tho Characters being written godlike isn't a issue as folks shown you can write characters with godlike powers well

Code:
supes even back in pre crisis days shown he can be written well despite the shit he was pulling

Never said it was a issued, one can like a character that the person can't relate. I like many villains, but it is impossible to me to fully relate to their situations.

Terraformer gives me Galactus Vs. Unicron vibes moreso than Andromeda.

Transformer | Terraformer, while Terra refers to earth, which is specifically what Galactus is after most of the time. It also just generally invokes the idea of a planet, which relates to both, while keeping the T-former to relate to Unicron.

Who knows though that track specifically probably has nothing to do with DB to begin with

Where you got the screenshot?

Yates posted it on his YouTube account.

Ya there's DB related ? Some look like like standard songs but n his channel

Brandon Yates has created his own music and has a collaboration project with Rooster Teeth for a separate list of Death Battle music.

I asked Strunton, but he said he couldn't say. Going off Ultraguy's blog, they'll be using it, though.

Theg will be selectively using it.

Like, I do not see any key word of Yarael Poof or planet busting in Ultraguy's blogs.

I am glad I see possible relativistic speed scaling. This can be tide turning against sub-relativistic MS Kakashi. Again, if the >4 AP gap is accepted to be not that massive

One of the researchers said that they weren't sure if Legends would be used going into this, so Shade just collected notes on everything, and then when they were meeting for the verdict, they decided if Legends would be used or not. So we don't really know to what capacity it will be used.

MagicCloud6 said:
Could someone provide me the distinctions and the similarities of Obi Wan and Kakashi other than those 2 being mentor like figures?
Outside of mentors:

- Both of them have served in majors wars/battles/conflicts of their respective universes

- Both are distinguished in those services

- Both are powerful members of their respective groups while not being the absolute strongest

- Both are known for their intelligence, tactics and methodical ways of combat

- Both have been training since childhood

- Both of them have died (though Kakashi got better)

- Both can manipulate minds in various ways

- Both wield energy weapons (Kakashi's Raikiri is basically a fist full of lightning and Kenobi's lightsaber is a plasma blade)

- Both have fought long lived fighters who have weird physiology and are nigh-immortal (Kakuzu/Hidan for Kakashi and Durge for Kenobi)

- Both have experienced major losses of loved ones (Rin, Obitio, Minato, Sakumo for Kakashi. Satine, Siri, Qui-Gon and Anakin's betrayl/fall for Kenobi)

- Both know how to wield swords (Lightsaber for Kenobi. Kakashi used a tanto in his younger days and can use Zabuza's sword)

Wow, there's actaully quite a bit here.

But yeah like I said in a previous a thread, DB sometimes does get unfair criticism from our site (as well as other Vs communities), its not their fault most of their audience is essentially the lowest common denominator who will take what they say as law due to their popularity, power and influence.

The average "joe" isn't going to research both characters extensively hence why they have DBs research team to do it for them (regardless if the research is accurate or not).

Unfortunately the stigma works both ways since those who actually show constructive thinking and objective reasoning why a DB was poorly researched or even had the wrong outcome (cough... cough... Tifa Vs Yang) are quickly shot down for being "haters" due to the lack of influence among the casual audience (regardless of how respected they're in the debating community) plus the legitimate "haters" who are quick to throw salt, accuse DB with bias and push out poorly constructed "debunk" vids/comments don't help either.

I guess it's just one of the "quirks" you've got to accept in Vs debating.

That's why we have a DB accuracy thread that I've been managing. We use our stats and such to determine whether the DB episode is accurate or not. According to our numbers and excluding the Season 7 episodes, DB is completely right about 63.9% of the time (research quality varies, but still right overall). Could be better, but being right 76 out of 119 times is still really good

The real cal howard said:
That DB accuracy also implies that we're right though.
And that's the wrinkle.

Though, it can be said that if more often than not, we're coming to similiar conclusions, even if we did not arrive there by the same path, that there is some method to all the madness.

Yeah, that thread kind of assumes that we are the ones who are right, and only base how accurate the episodes are on our terms. It's technically impossible to tell who objectively wins something when versus debating is almost entirely subjective.

Back