• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I mean, there are just matchups that you can just call. Thing is though, they're never the fun ones. Flash vs Quicksilver is entertaining for what it is, but the outcome wasn't really ever in doubt. A character whose feats are utterly crazy vs a guy whose own feats are kind of mundane. Yeah, different standards in each verse but still, there's just numerous more examples of how stupid broken Flash is over Quicksilver.

The real times things get really fun are when you've got to dig into details and dissect things. That's also when they get messy, though. I've also got to admit that some of DB's tendencies kind of grate. Like how they treat canon sometimes.

If I ever see Kaneki and Isaac Clarke in DB I can die in peace. Why haven't they put Isaac up against Gordon Freeman yet?

Although, the only battle I most wanted to see in DB was Mob vs Tats, but there I got some frustration because they seem to have taken a non-correct calc from the Internet, relying on it, for there are inconsistencies in the calculation.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
But yeah like I said in a previous a thread, DB sometimes does get unfair criticism from our site (as well as other Vs communities), its not their fault most of their audience is essentially the lowest common denominator who will take what they say as law due to their popularity, power and influence.

The average "joe" isn't going to research both characters extensively hence why they have DBs research team to do it for them (regardless if the research is accurate or not).

Unfortunately the stigma works both ways since those who actually show constructive thinking and objective reasoning why a DB was poorly researched or even had the wrong outcome (cough... cough... Tifa Vs Yang) are quickly shot down for being "haters" due to the lack of influence among the casual audience (regardless of how respected they're in the debating community) plus the legitimate "haters" who are quick to throw salt, accuse DB with bias and push out poorly constructed "debunk" vids/comments don't help either.

I guess it's just one of the "quirks" you've got to accept in Vs debating.
Tru tbh I feel like there fights before where DB while won't outright admit were handle pretty poorly

ZephyrosOmega said:
Which is why i hate people bringing up episodes like Rogue vs Wonder Woman or Garra vs Toph.
Rouge vs Wonder Woman is much easier to toss out because it's one of the first few episodes they did.

Toph Vs Gaara doesn't have that luxury due to Gaara having toph beat in every step of the way even from an Eyeball'd standpoint alongside with the way the episode was handled

Even Ben has admitted to not liking how Toph vs Garra, as well as Majin Buu vs Kirby were handled in the road to 100 blog, due to him not being in that great of a state of mind when the episodes were made. He admitted there is a decent chance of either verdict being different if they were to be redone.

Community Death Battle Spoilers
I heard from nowhere General Grievous vs Arbinor is the next Community Death Battle
Just... who is Arbinor? Or... Do they mean this Arbiter? Has he not been picked upon with Garrus Vakaria for Fuchs sake?
I have heard that Kenobi is relativistic to FTL even in Disney prequels. Can someone explain? Very thanks. (A big CRT for Kenobi and Jedis for this one)

Okay, so out of every single fight section of DB is your favorite? Personally, I love the choreography and cinematic nature of Black Widow vs Widowmaker. Excellent animation and set pieces.

Link vs Cloud is a classic, pretty good first 3D animation. Naruto vs Ichigo, Mega Man BR, and Snake vs Fisher are other personal favorites

Sorvoe551 said:
Okay, so out of every single fight section of DB is your favorite? Personally, I love the choreography and cinematic nature of Black Widow vs Widowmaker. Excellent animation and set pieces.

Link vs Cloud is a classic, pretty good first 3D animation. Naruto vs Ichigo, Mega Man BR, and Snake vs Fisher are other personal favorites
Iron Man vs Lex Luthor. It had amazing choreography and had the greatest one liner in db history.

Sorvoe551 said:
I really liked the animation in Samurai Jack vs Afro to be honest. Great 3D battles, well Snake vs Sam and Raiden vs Wolverine are among my favorites. So is Optimus vs Amuro (though Wings of Iron is a huge factor as well). Sasuke vs Hiei also kicked ass, IMO

I think Cloud vs Link doesn't get the respect it deserves at moments. True it aged a lot, but it was the first 3D battle and the reason it was considered was because there weren't any good sprites available, accidentally paving the way for a whole new format.

I really like Hulk vs Doomsday. It just has this brutal, destructive edge that I love, especially the finisher. It also uses the Hot Wind Blowing from Metal Gear Rising. Also love Iron Man vs Lex Luthor, though the banter has a lot to do with that. They nailed their personalities.

Others include Silver Samurai vs Shredder (Samurai vs Ninja and seeing Silver Samurai is awesome), Black Panther vs Batman (the fights is just a cool spectacle), Zoro vs Erza ("So much for that 'true strength' bullshit, huh?"), Ultron vs Sigma (Mainly for Infection Perfection), Dan vs Hercule (the entire fight is just so amusing that I can't take it seriously) and Jak vs Ratchet (watching my childhood destroy itself has never been more fun!).

Oh yeah, All Might vs Might Guy! The entire fight was just well done and Mighty is one of the best songs they've done. It really captured the essence of both fighters. Really, as one commentor put it, this was a fight that I didn't want either to lose. "Good fight...let's do it...again!" That line just gets feels from me.

Ganon vs Drac is a good one, of course. Eggman vs Wily isn't very good compared to all these other ones, but they still handled an army fight really well all things considered (Makes me wish they'd do another one). Cable vs Booster is also a pretty good one. DK vs Knuckles was as funny as Dan vs Hercule IMO. Mario vs Sonic 2, despite all the other many many problems with that fight, also had a good animation and probably the best reaction gif in DB history.

ComeAtMarioBro

Sorvoe551 said:

Barring the ending Ben vs Hal was Nice Due to the banter between the two and hal reciting his Oath. Other are Hulk vs Doomsday,All Might vs Might Guy and thanos vs darkseid were amazing 3D fights. Thor vs Raiden was a Nice lil sprite fight as well along with shredder vs silver samurai

I have a few key factors I've thought of that could determine the victor:

1. Will Disney or Legends Obi-Wan be used?

2. Will DMS Kakashi be allowed?

3. If Legends is used, would The Force be able to absorb Chakra-based energy?

4. Could The Force counter Genjutsu (while Kakashi barely uses it, it's still possible)?

Wario Vs Dedede. Beautiful, childish, non-sensical, cartonish fight about a fat elve farting over a fat peguin. I don't give a danm about the research, this fight was gold in pure comedy.

Iron Man Vs Lex Luthor. "I don't play god, all this time, I have play human". Killer Move: Badass Line Man.

Optimus Vs Gundam. Boy oh boy, 80s was something. Unfortunetly, I was very depressed by the time that aired the battle, so is perma-marked as a love-hate relationship.

Carnage Vs Lucy. I ship them both cus of this fight.

Sorvoe551 said:
I have a few key factors I've thought of that could determine the victor:

1. Will Disney or Legends Obi-Wan be used?

2. Will DMS Kakashi be allowed?

3. If Legends is used, would The Force be able to absorb Chakra-based energy?

4. Could The Force counter Genjutsu (while Kakashi barely uses it, it's still possible)?
1.both Disney and Legends are being taken

2.DMS may not be given it's a one time thing not something standard

3.IDK

4.pretty sure SW characters like Obi Wan are trained to resists illusion

Jasonsith said:
So has this thread shed any light or shade in here? Like how Obi-Wan resists skills from being copied or... just limbs being warped away?
Trying to copy stuff off of Kenobi would not be the best choice. Force Powers? I don't really think there's a good enough argument for. Force Sensitivity is something you have or you don't, while chakra is something everyone has. Also copying Kenobi's lightsaber moves wouldn't do that much good because Kenobi is intimately familiar with them. He'd easily pick up on seeing his own sequences being thrown back at him. Plus, such manuvers are meant to have the Force to work properly. Kakashi would have a high chance of expending a lot more stamina than he'd want to as they're meant to be used with the Force bolstering your physical performance and guiding you as much as technical skill. Kakashi's recreation would probably be a half measure. He could copy the movements but that doesn't mean he has all the conditioning for it.

As for stoping his limbs from being warped away, it really depends on what they go more with Disney or Legends. If they go Legends, Kenobi has some pretty good chances to move or avoid. The Force does send all kinds of warnings about danger and even guide you to move, duck or even just relax to make a fall non-lethal. Kenobi is trained to just trust in the Force and do what it tells him to do on top of his Precog.

Obi Wan has no counters to Kamui Snipe. Both of them have precog and similar speed. The problem is that Kakashi can win with that and Obi-Wan can win by hitting Kakashi with anything due to being 5-B vs Kakashi's (At best without DMS) High 6-A

The Smashor said:
Not to mention, Carnage is probably within the top five most dangerous three dimentional characters to have sex with.
Of course he is. Carnage is one of the most evil ************* i've seen in fiction. He killed his dog with a power drill, pushed his grandma down the stairs, and even attempt to kill his mother by yeeting a TV into the bath. And that was just when he was only six years old. When Cletus became Carnage, dude once yeeted a baby out a window.

Pretty sure asking him out is 666% a death wish.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Obi Wan has no counters to Kamui Snipe. Both of them have precog and similar speed. The problem is that Kakashi can win with that and Obi-Wan can win by hitting Kakashi with anything due to being 5-B vs Kakashi's (At best without DMS) High 6-A
It all boils down to experience and skill most likely.

Back