• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Important notice: Re treatments on forum contents and forum site migration issues.
Blogs and profiles should stay as are.

You know the drill by now folks! We talk about everything DEATH BATTLE here!

Continued from here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here,
here, here, here, here, here and here

Fights since this thread has started:

Done in the past:

Ep 126: Cable (Marvel Comics) vs Booster Gold (Post-Crisis)

Ep 127: Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Kakashi Hatake

Coming:

Ep 128: Danny Phantom vs Jake Long

Content included in this thread:

- Predictions on what fights we will be seeing

- Predictions on who will win when the season starts

- Discussions about Death Battle Cast (sometimes DBX and sometimes anything Screwattack or even Rooster Teeth)

- And much more!

The Spoiler Tag (VSBW)
And please... the illustration just shows how to make a spoiler tag - useful for discussing spoilers before a Death Battle episode gets launched on YouTube.

The last Naruto character who appeared wo, dude...

Winner: Naruto, Might Guy

Loser: Gaara, Jiraiya, Sasuke, Kakashi

2-4, quite bad, not the worst.

Just wondering how could the Naruto fans be less angry over Sasuke vs Hiei than Obi-Wan vs Kakashi. Is it true that true Naruto fans hate Sasuke (& potentially Sakura)? Just like true Star Wars fans hate Rey?
>Sasuke lost to Hiei due to a a BS inflated calc
Crickets

>Obi Wan beating Kakashi due to utter EU Fuckery

SALT FOR THE SALT GOD!

Gotta love that consistency
Someone gets what really bugs me.

Please feel free to approve or debunk what I have redirected.

Deadmemeguy said:
Is anyone else annoyed that Death Battle calls some characters idiots when they're not.
They called Booster Gold an idiot when he would eventually become a time guardian god. Does that count?

Tipper17 said:
Luv the Salt this fight made lol

Folks literally thinking this is worse than Toph vs Gaara
At least they are smart and civilised enough to know that Gaara vs Toph is trash.

Their response are weird re Sasuke vs Hiei when there were much less salt than we thought.

They called Booster Gold an idiot when he would eventually become a time guardian god. Does that count?

Tipper17 said:
Luv the Salt this fight made lol

Folks literally thinking this is worse than Toph vs Gaara
At least they are smart and civilised enough to know that Gaara vs Toph is trash.

Their response are weird re Sasuke vs Hiei when there were much less salt than we thought.

The quote and salt Comes from Spacebattles and reddit

if we go by our standarts then jake gets violently bodied.

Assuming they won't acknowledge the multi-solar system level feat i can say that even going by their standarts jake still gets his rights violated.

Sasuke starts off interesting through Part 1 and is pretty good through Part 2 up until after his fight with Itachi. He then proceeds to jump off the deep end for a while before settling into bland. Honestly, Sasuke is so less a character without his revenge dynamic with Itachi.

He was a good character, not a great one but still interesting enough and his motivations made sense. Then he got put through the a blender that was labeled 'Character Development' and came out unrecognizable.

The only thing nice about the guy at this point are his powers, which are legitimately cool even if they're kind of ass-pulls.

Sorvoe551 said:
I read the Shippuden portion of the Naruto manga and yeah, I agree that Sasuke is not a great character
Sasuke is not nice. Yet he is still a long term rival to Naruto. He and Naruto and Sakura share the three main spots of the primary protagonists of Naruto.

Just imagine: such a major character - the number 2 of Naruto - met serious unjust - because a feat from a non-primary source was accepted, and such feat yield calculation went haywire and BS inflated.

The time when Naruto fans SHOULD rage - they remain silent, a few even rejoicing over the death of the edgelord. And now fans are hating Kakashi dying a reasonable death.

Squidly just shared some new upgrades for upgrading Jake Long. Again, I will post the new findings later.

Edit: Done.

And Death Battle needs to rethink if this (previously quoted by Liam) is very baseline speed compared to other FTL DP feats.

@Jasonsith

You mean the Small Town Level feat. Jake Long needed a complete verse research and Squidly made an amazing work. Also, Small Town Level makes consistent his Water Pillar feat.

For the record I think Sasuke is a really good character and a lot of complaints about him, for lack of a better term, come from people who haven't had their whole family murdered

Oh believe me, I get why he's upset, but seeing him stubbornly ignore the advice of everyone who cares for him to get revenge got tiresome for me. After he ignored Itachi literally spelling out for him "don't pursue revenge, it's not worth it," I got fed up

I mean, sasuke has some serious PTSD, not only did he see his family murdered by his idol, he was forced to relive that same pain again when itachi put him under his genjutsu(After beating his ass mind you). That can seriously **** your mind up man.

Konoha in actuality killed the uchiha clan, not itachi. So, i see why sasuke is so hellbent on revenge.

Sorvoe551 said:
Oh believe me, I get why he's upset, but seeing him stubbornly ignore the advice of everyone who cares for him to get revenge got tiresome for me. After he ignored Itachi literally spelling out for him "don't pursue revenge, it's not worth it," I got fed up
Because Sasuke has spent almsost his entire life hating Itachi up to that point and had his entire worldview shattered?

I'm pretty sure Jake will win. Looking at how some of Death Battles matches go I think I know how they will make Jake win.

Also, only Danny's Ghostly Wail at it's maximum is Multi-Solar System. He's only 4-A overall while in the Ecto Skeleton and they won't give him that because it's not standard equipment.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I'm pretty sure Jake will win. Looking at how some of Death Battles matches go I think I know how they will make Jake win.

Also, only Danny's Ghostly Wail at it's maximum is Multi-Solar System. He's only 4-A overall while in the Ecto Skeleton and they won't give him that because it's not standard equipment.
Don't think so cause even they try to buy the whole trident shit Danny fought vortex and Undergrowth who can range from island to country level and Danny gave them a fight Not to mention BS Danny playing a part of phasing the planet from the meteor

@Tipper

Not to mention BS Danny playing a part of phasing the planet from the meteor

You do realize that it took an enormous amount of ghosts and a machine to turn the entire planet intangible right, plus they only held it for about a minute. It doesn't even go to ap so I don't see why people are even bringing that up.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I doubt death battle could justify jake winning against danny's type of hax.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Tipper

Not to mention BS Danny playing a part of phasing the planet from the meteor

You do realize that it took an enormous amount of ghosts and a machine to turn the entire planet intangible right, plus they only held it for about a minute. It doesn't even go to ap so I don't see why people are even bringing that up.
Hey this is DB and find ways to BS some shit Besides Jake is beaten in every category

Give him the advantage in speed? Danny just need one good shot

Give him the edge in strength? Miles vs Static 2.0

DB tends to be unpredictable but they been able to see most of the time character x doesn't stack up

Why is it that every time a death battle coems out, y'all instantly jump to how theyr'e going to **** it up, igoring that they've had a really good record ever since they got a proper research team. They've gotten, what, one fight wrong by this wiki's standards? Maybe two?

Back