• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Again, how is that a problem at all? It's still a range feat either way, whether it's something that's yeeted or a laser.
Not all verses can do these, so thats a problem you keep giving "solutions" as if those even can fit their series to begin with lol
because they lack the creativity/didn't think of it
Then write a better story mister creative if the others arent great see how far that takes you
It really is though. It's just timeline shit, don't see how it's complex.
you didnt see dragon ball entirely if you say its easy
And I didn't say everything can be simplified, there are of course things that can't or shouldn't be. But that doesn't man you can't simplify stuff time travel, it can be done.
Amd how many got it a mess even trying to be simple
It's simple yes, most arena beat em ups are, but it's still very wrong to call it mostly cutscenes. Because again, most of the game has you play in arena like areas either clearing hoards or fighting bosses. And even then it still has deeper mechanics, like guage management.
Nothing is deep about asura wrath from gameplay perspective especially when other games supposedly of same genre do more in that aspect
Elden Ring, a Soulsborne game of all things, was able to show off impressive shit like Rahdahn's star/meteor shower and the Elden Beast spewing stardust to fight in a realm with dozens of Erdtrees, in which the Tarnished beats. Shit like this, this can be done, and have Kratos scale to it.
soul games are fantasy eldritch type in theme, which dont follow anything in particular, gow takes from myths of the greek with some liberty on some stuff
And look at Record of Ragnarok and what happened to it.
never seen it, but last i checked this verse was rated purely out of statements with just a 7-B feat, till someone shown they werent literal and had no other evidence to support in any capacity, unlike others who get more to them
And, it seems we've missed the plot here, but I want to reiterate that I don't doubt this stuff, maybe I think its a bit higher than I think it should be, but I don't reject this stuff entirely. I'm here explaining why people reasonably find doubt in the "tell don't show" shit, and why it's a bit lame to bash them when their doubts have justification.
The same people who claimed goku isnt universal even with a visual feat + statements, yet im suppose to not call them out cuz they ignore lore?

I dont think an author keeps telling you a dude can destroy a galaxy so often to just be a fluke, that it doesnt show a visual its not out of not being true, but simply cant have a way to integrate that in, simply some works dont work like that, not even dragon ball aint destroying their surroundings despite their visuals or claims at times, you simply accept it, you think its false? Prove it instead of throwing the "no visuals not true"

Wonder what this implies for the cosmology if anything.

Doesn't really imply anything, it's just the same vauge placement they've had for BOTW (And now TOTK) they've had since 2017. The offical website always had it's own little section for BOTW and recently TOTK seperate from the main 3 timelines simply because they wanna keep it mysterious about when and which timeline exactly they take place in. Maybe the timelines converged which is why referances to all of them are in the new games, or maybe due to how long time goes on the events of every game eventually happens at some point in each timeline, it's purposely vauge.

The creating a champion guidebook for BOTW just refers to the previous games as the "era of myth" due to the new games taking place so far in the future compared to everything else (Literally the gap between the previous Calamity Ganon attack and his attack in BOTW is bigger than every gap between every previous game combined) that all the previous stuff is only vaugly remembered by the modern day. Not that any updates to the Zelda cosmology matter much anyway, the only ratings they could affect are the golden goddesses (Maybe the complete Triforce if you wanna get really whacky and highball it) and frankly nobody cares about those useless bums.

There might be some interesting timeline implications with the new TOTK guidebook that came out yesterday but it's all spotty and under a lot of discussion due to the book only being released in japan and online translations vary from place to place (People can't decide if the timeline is saying the secret stones were directly made by the goddesses or if they were an accidental byproduct of them creating Hyrule or something).

Why is Ben10 of all things getting rubberstamped so hard now a days?
I peak in to all those cosmology upgrade threads and it's just the same garbage arguments that have gotten rejected for a decade but now they are working for some reason
We've entered the era of wank. Idk why vs debaters love him so badly tho, I swear I pop into the CRT page and I see a Ben 10 thread about Alien X, or the cosmology, or the Annihilarg, or the time bomb, or whatever the hell else every other week

Honestly the worst part of the Alien X wank isn't even that he's constantly put at super omega omniversal or whatever, it's that he takes away any and all focus from all the other aliens have. Can't have a cool interesting discussing about the other dudes Ben can turn into because all everyone wants to debate is Alien X.
Giorno Giovanna has this issue as well

Honestly the worst part of the Alien X wank isn't even that he's constantly put at super omega omniversal or whatever, it's that he takes away any and all focus from all the other aliens have. Can't have a cool interesting discussing about the other dudes Ben can turn into because all everyone wants to debate is Alien X.
"But hey Alien X" still gives certain peeps (both fans or otherwise) PTSD.

Since we're getting Ash Vs Yugi, just imagine an alternate timeline where Yugi never lost Exodia or Ash captured an Arceus? That's pretty much their Alien X if you really think about and narratively it's very difficult to write around a protag who has an insta-win cheat code while still wanting "stakes", with Yugi the writers had the foresight to take Exodia away very early on and with Ben 10 he did have special conditions such as making the internal voices of AX agree before taking actions but thanks to "plot" and master control, Ben 10 doesn't even have any special conditions anymore so... yeah...

It's doesn't help MoA retroactively added Feedback and pushed him really hard to be popluar (just like Pokèmon did with Greninja), yet he's most commonly known as Ben's "2nd most powerful alien his used onscreen" and it doesn't help AX basically makes certain aliens pointless like Clockwork (side note ultimates were ultimately pointlessly in the long run outside when the villains used them).

Ok rant over.

Last edited:
Why is Ben10 of all things getting rubberstamped so hard now a days?
I peak in to all those cosmology upgrade threads and it's just the same garbage arguments that have gotten rejected for a decade but now they are working for some reason
Because most of the people that argued against it either moved on from the site /Hobby which makes it easier for the wankers to get there shit pushed thru and what the poster said
We've entered the era of wank
So add those and ya get the stuff with Ben currently

Honestly I'm at a point where I don't give a shit about Ben for a DB runback/rematch whatever because Alien X talks are just so boring

Ya better off using Vilgax, Kevin or Gwen because there mu doesn't rely on muh alien X and offer more to there MU

Yeah. The amount of people that have been banned because of that debate is enough to fill the damn Grand Canyon 😭
I was "lucky" enough to only see the tail end of those days but the sheer amount of malice that was exchanged, you would've thought this was some AoT level beef.
When does the wanking stop?
Until the Vs community does a Syndrome and makes everything "wanked" to the point nothing is anymore.

When does the wanking stop?
I was "lucky" enough to only see the tail end of those days but the sheer amount of malice that was exchanged, you would've thought this was some AoT level beef.

Until the Vs community does a Syndrome and makes everything "wanked" to the point nothing is anymore.
One day............... we'll run right back around in a circle and say that "infinity = infinity" and ALL higher dimensional scaling is essentially the same, only leaving Outer R>F arguments in place............................

DC looking at all of the Tier 1 upgrades while most of their top tiers are still lowballed to 2-C/A:

1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squidward.2x.rsquare.w400.jpg

Not all verses can do these, so thats a problem you keep giving "solutions" as if those even can fit their series to begin with lol
I don't see how certain verses like God of War can't do it though. Story based action games like it, have so much flexibility in including it, but they don't.
Then write a better story mister creative if the others arent great see how far that takes you
I don't appreciate the Strawman here. I never said that the other stories aren't great, just that they lacked the imagination or creativity to implement these things and then later go on to throw out statements.

Even then, that doesn't make a story not great.
you didnt see dragon ball entirely if you say its easy
I have, but unfortunately crunchyroll sucks and I hate pirating because I suck with the internet, so i don't have the pleasure of constant rewatches aside from the orange boxes of seasons 3 and 4 I own
Amd how many got it a mess even trying to be simple
You tell me that. From what I've seen of series with simplified time travel, didn't notice any obscene mess.
Nothing is deep about asura wrath from gameplay perspective especially when other games supposedly of same genre do more in that aspect
Again, just because the gameplay isn't so deep doesn't mean it's mostly cutscenes. I keep trying to say this, the game is filled with mostly beat em up sections and on rail shooter sections. Those QTE only cutscenes are not as prevalent as thought.
soul games are fantasy eldritch type in theme, which dont follow anything in particular, gow takes from myths of the greek with some liberty on some stuff
I brought them up because even though they're at a far lower production cost, they still show these kinds of big feats.

Also God of War 3 did a good job at showing stuff for Kratos with the world getting more ****** up with each god death, this series has shown the capacity for this.
never seen it, but last i checked this verse was rated purely out of statements with just a 7-B feat, till someone shown they werent literal and had no other evidence to support in any capacity, unlike others who get more to them

The same people who claimed goku isnt universal even with a visual feat + statements, yet im suppose to not call them out cuz they ignore lore?
Well those people are clinically insane, because we do see those feats happen as you point out. I've never seen these folks overlap
I dont think an author keeps telling you a dude can destroy a galaxy so often to just be a fluke, that it doesnt show a visual its not out of not being true, but simply cant have a way to integrate that in, simply some works dont work like that, not even dragon ball aint destroying their surroundings despite their visuals or claims at times, you simply accept it, you think its false? Prove it instead of throwing the "no visuals not true"
But that's the thing, in the end you have to prove that these feats are consistent without visual cues to back them up. Not the people who doubt them, because in the end its a whole lot easier to throw something out if nothing else comes close to that statement, because we can't trust it.

As if I wanna play through Xenoverse again to answer that

I just got reminded of how mid that series is
Also this is just me bashing Xenoverse, it isn't a serious answer. It's just so God damn boring, especially after you beat the story. Yeah there's DLC, but it doesn't do much to make it any more enjoyable. Like, christ, I get why Bandai Namco keeps supporting it, it's successful, but I'm so glad there's a new and better DB fighting game coming out.

But that's the thing, in the end you have to prove that these feats are consistent without visual cues to back them up. Not the people who doubt them, because in the end its a whole lot easier to throw something out if nothing else comes close to that statement, because we can't trust it.
Pretty much.
Ya don't need to blow up shit 24/7 hell you don't need to outright nuke a planet but ya need something to sell the idea that the character can infact play on those cosmic tiers of power in some capacity

For example
Saitama (Before his fight with Cosmic Garou) feats were fine, Jumping from the moon, Punched a blast that could lifewipe/Nuke the planet etc nothing really grand in terms of pure visuals yet folks could easily buy the fact he could tango with cosmic tier heavyweights because how the story portrayed him and the feats he did made it easier to digest the thought of him being a cosmic heavyweight in the future

Back