• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

shark_moe_by_simbiothero_dhpssou-414w-2x.jpg
I somehow feel gura would destroy her

I don’t know how you’d scale spatial dimensions in DC when the 5th dimension is literally imagination. How do you even compare that to a typical 5th spatial dimension? Dimensional tiering is dumb because of stuff like this.
You cope by saying that spatial dimensions and the 5th dimension are actually different things and that an universe in DC is Infinite dimensional, a multiverse is low outerversal and the 5th dimension and above are Outerversal.

I somehow feel gura would destroy her
She does, Gura is above multiversal.

1-C is insane

I don’t know how you’d scale spatial dimensions in DC when the 5th dimension is literally imagination. How do you even compare that to a typical 5th spatial dimension? Dimensional tiering is dumb because of stuff like this.
It's just called the 5th dimension. The DC multiverse has like a panel where a guy says there's "infinite universes and infinite dimensions", and that carries all the herald scaling on DB pretty much

both-why.gif

No, seriously. We make distinctions for lifting and striking strength - why can't our pages make the distinction between displayed feats and scaled feats? It'd make verses like SMT feel far less outwardly wanked to high hell knowing all the 'what's perceived' statements in it's cosmology that makes mere breathing a '1-A feat', and it'd allow our debates segments more MU variety. I also know a few games like Xenogears and Scarlet Nexus that ultimately thrive on delineation between the two descriptors for more or less the above reason(s).
You're kinda missing my point here. SMT has had this problem for a while where, because of 'our cosmology', that there are major discrepancies in the feats that are applied, and the implications of those feats. Are we saying that, say, Shido's ship blowing up in Ryuji's face should never be calced because of this?

And I need to make it clear that I'm not trying to take any statements away from you, just that what is applied is equally viable. Here's how I'd format such (and I feel like I've said this before...):

Tier (applied / displayed): [Insert tier]

Tier (scaled / statements): [Insert tier]

A good example of this is discussions I've had with the likes of @JoshSSJGod and @CloverDragon03 - I cannot count how many times that N's city bust in FR got written off as a footnote for his lower tier key(s), just because the cast was going to scale to god tiers in Aionios anyway (and don't even get me started on Poppi/Ino scaling...). The thing about scaling like what we have atm is that it becomes more vindicated the later into a story or game it becomes, but to slap it on at the beginning like it's the totality of a character is ultimately just taking that power out of context.
You know what, I wholeheartedly support this. Separating keys between on-screen/explicit feats and lore/statement feats/chain-scaling. This should be pushed to the upper echelons of the wiki.

6D Hololive is really funny.
Vtuber scaling in general is funny.

When when their cosmologies (and Transformers' """Omniverse""") are equalized so RD is like outer or something with Rainbow Power.
Well there was a moment......... during the Transformers x MLP crossover when an autobot mistook Sombra for 1-A Unicron due to his power..........................................

Not gonna lie, I want Death Battle to do Rainbow Dash vs Sonic. It would be even greater if RD actually won that matchup. I know Sonic fans would get really salty about it (Fragile egos)

Oh and it's also a really good MU, thematically, pretty certain of it

Back