• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

If the MCU of all places is capable of actually showcasing planet level and beyond feats then a franchise like GoW or Doom really has no excuse. Infinity Ultron’s episode single handily showed better feats than most of the supposed “high tier” video game characters on this website. Loki of all things managed to show Loki physically drag around timelines and you telling me that Santa Monica Studios isn’t capable of showing Kratos show any visual feats that match his supposed multiversal power? Even Street Fighter had Akuma actually sink an island with his punches. Give me a break. If a live action show that was 99% just people talking can showcase proper visual feats then a video game has no excuse.

Also Akuma island sinking isnt even anything to brag of in terms of visuals, it shows pieces of rock falling on a shaky camera, a full shot of the island and then Ryu underwater with rocks still falling on a shaky camera, also per calcs not even as impressive as people made it be way back then

If the MCU of all places is capable of actually showcasing planet level and beyond feats then a franchise like GoW or Doom really has no excuse. Infinity Ultron’s episode single handily showed better feats than most of the supposed “high tier” video game characters on this website. Loki of all things managed to show Loki physically drag around timelines and you telling me that Santa Monica Studios isn’t capable of showing Kratos show any visual feats that match his supposed multiversal power? Even Street Fighter had Akuma actually sink an island with his punches. Give me a break. If a live action show that was 99% just people talking can showcase proper visual feats then a video game has no excuse.
This alongside Sephiroth's iconic Supernova are my favourite visual feats from JRPGs tbh. Like @Joycap mentioned why not do both feats and statements to come up with a balance between the two?

For example Sephiroth's feat is unquestionable explicit however with statements his feat becomes contextualized from not just destroying a solar system but an entire alternate dimension and still makes sense within the rules of FF7 with summon mechanics.

Also marvel universe as a whole is full of sorts of characters in their world

Gow is about a spartan who became a god after killing the actual gow, with him facing enemies from greek mythologies, then ends up in norse lands fighting their mythological people there, what feats you want from the series visually when it draws from the irl ones as inspiration along their stories in them and their beliefs

You have the titans creating a universe by their fight in an opening, aint that enough? Or Atlas holding the world which under greek mythos is meant to be the universe, those are visual stuff you see with your eyes

As if MCU isnt done by one of the biggest cinematoc studios ever with hige ammounts of money and peak standards of effects and all....what if is animated, you act like games doesnt have certain limitations compared to movies or animated series
Video game cutscenes are also animated. Video games are probably the easiest medium to showcase visual feats since they’re meant to make the player feel powerful. ******* Kirby can show characters cracking the planet but GoW can’t? Infinity Ultron’s best visual feats make up a total of 6 minutes across two thirty minute episodes but GoW can’t spend any of its multi hour games to do the same?
Also Akuma island sinking isnt even anything to brag of in terms of visuals, it shows pieces of rock falling on a shaky camera, a full shot of the island and then Ryu underwater with rocks still falling on a shaky camera, also per calcs not even as impressive as people made it be way back then
And yet it’s still a more visually impressive feat than anything Kratos or Doomslayer have ever done.
Also marvel universe as a whole is full of sorts of characters in their world

Gow is about a spartan who became a god after killing the actual gow, with him facing enemies from greek mythologies, then ends up in norse lands fighting their mythological people there, what feats you want from the series visually when it draws from the irl ones as inspiration along their stories in them and their beliefs
You literally just described why it should have greater visual feats. How are you going to describe a franchise built upon fighting mythological gods and then go “there’s no reason for there to be good visual feats”? The myths they draw upon have greater visual feats than anything in the series.
You have the titans creating a universe by their fight in an opening, aint that enough? Or Atlas holding the world which under greek mythos is meant to be the universe, those are visual stuff you see with your eyes
Wow, two entire feats across a series with 7 games and neither of them involving the main character. Kratos himself doesn’t even scale to the latter since Atlas almost effortlessly crushed him with two fingers and the former relies entirely of a scaling chain via Zeus and Cronos that, surprise surprise, we never see.

Video game cutscenes are also animated. Video games are probably the easiest medium to showcase visual feats since they’re meant to make the player feel powerful. ******* Kirby can show characters cracking the planet but GoW can’t? Infinity Ultron’s best visual feats make up a total of 6 minutes across two thirty minute episodes but GoW can’t spend any of its multi hour games to do the same?
Ok and Kratos splits Earth in half how you continue the story with such an event after? You act like all video game should do such a thing and somehow work that out after

Also animation for a show is totally different for a game animation, especially if in 3D compared to handrawn
And yet it’s still a more visually impressive feat than anything Kratos or Doomslayer have ever done.
no its not, at all, on doom i cant speak i never seen it, Kratos has far better stuff then that, you smoke something eith this comment here
You literally just described why it should have greater visual feats. How are you going to describe a franchise built upon fighting mythological gods and then go “there’s no reason for there to be good visual feats”? The myths they draw upon have greater visual feats than anything in the series.
What visuals....its text in these, drawings if that even counts and surely not of the the ones in question
Wow, two entire feats across a series with 7 games and neither of them involving the main character.
first of all these are 2 i can remember in terms of visuals and even so, IF just 2 exist and claims if cosmic power come along them, thats more then enough to justify
Kratos himself doesn’t even scale to the latter since Atlas almost effortlessly crushed him with two fingers
Kratos literally overpowered the titans in physicals, including cronos attempting to crush him too, let alone hades overpowered atlas, yet kratos wasnt by hades, scaling says otherwise buddy, also gods are meant to be above titans and kratos above them
and the former relies entirely of a scaling chain via Zeus and Cronos that, surprise surprise, we never see.
A scaling proven above showing how successors are above predecessors, but go on claiming its not viable, you are mad annoying with your lowballing fest i seen of you, especially in game characters if they use lore and statements, over half a decade and people still use an outdated mentality

Last edited:
Honestly, I never cared too much about the visuals vs lore debate. Like I completely understand that visuals are a massive help in selling the scale and power of the characters, but I mostly just give a shit about the story and writing of what I consume.

Still, it would be nice if game developers often conveyed what they present in lore through gameplay. But I guess that's not the priority of game developers when making their games.

End of the day ya can't blame folks not buying Kratos being some cosmic tier god when the visuals don't back the hype fanboy's insists upon

Especially when the lore/cosmology be inconsistent and wog be fairweather about it

And mentioned ya don't need Kratos nuking planets and above have him do some reality tear of some kind
I mean there is one thing that Kratos has over Asura, visual or not.

He's the face of a very successful video game franchise since 2005 while his opponent has always been in one game that didn't reach the expectations Capcom had. Sorry Asura bros

This alongside Sephiroth's iconic Supernova are my favourite visual feats from JRPGs tbh. Like @Joycap mentioned why not do both feats and statements to come up with a balance between the two?

For example Sephiroth's feat is unquestionable explicit however with statements his feat becomes contextualized from not just destroying a solar system but an entire alternate dimension and still makes sense within the rules of FF7 with summon mechanics.
JRPGs are just the kings of crazy visual feats from what I've noticed. From FF stuff busting planets and stars, making/destroying dimensions, and making abilities that do timeline and timespace manipulating stuff, to games like Disgaea having generic weapon skills that are literally just solar systems getting tossed around, galaxies exploding, and the universe getting one punched.

Back