• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Are there any Zenless Zone Zero MUs out there yet? I don't think we have profiles for it yet, so I was curious.
shark_moe_by_simbiothero_dhpssou-414w-2x.jpg

I have already suggested it on that mathup Google forum, but I want to share it here.

How does the match, Innocent Zero vs Lucius Zogratis, sound? To be honest it's the best for both in my opinion.

Y'know, back in MY day we actually viewed shown feats above vague statements and throwaway lines about cosmology..........
Sorry grandpa that not all franchises choose to show visuals and prefer to say "oh about this guy will destroy the galaxy if not stopped"

Same era your generation lowballed any character if they told you something in text or didnt show you blowing planets like dragon ball

Reposted
I might use this to promote Kindred (LoL) vs Death (Shrek) since not only has the MU been stuck in my head since it was first brought up to me, but I think it'd be pretty poetic to have two embodiments of death fight each other in a web series all about to fighting to the death...like it all comes full circle.

Y'know, back in MY day we actually viewed shown feats above vague statements and throwaway lines about cosmology..........
Sorry grandpa that not all franchises choose to show visuals and prefer to say "oh about this guy will destroy the galaxy if not stopped"

Same era your generation lowballed any character if they told you something in text or didnt show you blowing planets like dragon ball

both-why.gif

No, seriously. We make distinctions for lifting and striking strength - why can't our pages make the distinction between displayed feats and scaled feats? It'd make verses like SMT feel far less outwardly wanked to high hell knowing all the 'what's perceived' statements in it's cosmology that makes mere breathing a '1-A feat', and it'd allow our debates segments more MU variety. I also know a few games like Xenogears and Scarlet Nexus that ultimately thrive on delineation between the two descriptors for more or less the above reason(s).

Well, lifting & striking are completely different thing to get measurementss. Destroying a planet on screen, or by being a mention, are the same feat regardless. If you think some verse feels wanked, just say its wanked lol

both-why.gif

No, seriously. We make distinctions for lifting and striking strength - why can't our pages make the distinction between displayed feats and scaled feats? It'd make verses like SMT feel far less outwardly wanked to high hell knowing all the 'what's perceived' statements in it's cosmology that makes mere breathing a '1-A feat', and it'd allow our debates segments more MU variety. I also know a few games like Xenogears and Scarlet Nexus that ultimately thrive on delineation between the two descriptors for more or less the above reason(s).
Hmmmm

Something tells me you don't quite like Megaten ratings, but I can't put my finger on it....

Well, lifting & striking are completely different thing to get measurements. Destroying a planet on screen, or by being a mention, are the same feat regardless. If you think some verse feels wanked, just say its wanked lol

You're kinda missing my point here. SMT has had this problem for a while where, because of 'our cosmology', that there are major discrepancies in the feats that are applied, and the implications of those feats. Are we saying that, say, Shido's ship blowing up in Ryuji's face should never be calced because of this?

And I need to make it clear that I'm not trying to take any statements away from you, just that what is applied is equally viable. Here's how I'd format such (and I feel like I've said this before...):

Tier (applied / displayed): [Insert tier]

Tier (scaled / statements): [Insert tier]

A good example of this is discussions I've had with the likes of @JoshSSJGod and @CloverDragon03 - I cannot count how many times that N's city bust in FR got written off as a footnote for his lower tier key(s), just because the cast was going to scale to god tiers in Aionios anyway (and don't even get me started on Poppi/Ino scaling...). The thing about scaling like what we have atm is that it becomes more vindicated the later into a story or game it becomes, but to slap it on at the beginning like it's the totality of a character is ultimately just taking that power out of context.

Reposting this since threads are moving. Would be interested on any thoughts
"While Gurren Lagann might have 20 dimensions as stated in the audio drama, the DC multiverse has been stated to have hundreds, thousands, (insert whatever insane number was on that one panel and even infinite dimensions)" - The Black Box in the corner for five seconds
Now back to the future of like a year and a half from now

"While Gurren Lagann might have 20 dimensions as stated in the audio drama, the DC multiverse has been stated to have hundreds, thousands, (insert whatever insane number was on that one panel and even infinite dimensions)" - The Black Box in the corner for five seconds
Now back to the future of like a year and a half from now
Are those dimensions actually spatial dimensions or just alternate universes? Comics tend to use dimensions and universes interchangeably. And well, other series' too, really. I've heard random people online argue that those dimensions aren't actually spatial dimensions.

Are those dimensions actually spatial dimensions or just alternate universes? Comics tend to use dimensions and universes interchangeably. And well, other series' too, really. I've heard random people online argue that those dimensions aren't actually spatial dimensions.
I don’t know how you’d scale spatial dimensions in DC when the 5th dimension is literally imagination. How do you even compare that to a typical 5th spatial dimension? Dimensional tiering is dumb because of stuff like this.

Back