• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

It's grim but expected.

Tbf I was replaying Wonder and both Bowser and Jr can control the Wonder effect. Now, they don't use any of its insane hax offensively and Bowser instead uses to be a DJ, but he can control the Wonder effect.
Implying being a wicked DJ wouldn't cause Eggman to break it down and leave him open to attack.

Tbf I was replaying Wonder and both Bowser and Jr can control the Wonder effect. Now, they don't use any of its insane hax offensively and Bowser instead uses to be a DJ, but he can control the Wonder effect.
Ehh Jr fights kinda still seem bit random? Nothing explict to just instantly solo Mario, mostly making terrain harder to fight at and its different in all his fights. Final fights intro reused Wonder effects from earlier stages for a reprise.

Sure, he seems to activate multiple Wonder effects, but they dont seem that directly chosen.

Ehh Jr fights kinda still seem bit random? Nothing explict to just instantly solo Mario, mostly making terrain harder to fight at and its different in all his fights. Final fights intro reused Wonder effects from earlier stages for a reprise.

Sure, he seems to activate multiple Wonder effects, but they dont seem that directly chosen.
Jr doesn't control the Wonder effect as great as Bowser, and he does even screw up a few times. However, Bowser was charging up for a big Wonder effect that would cover the universe during the entire game. So he does have control over it, or at least more than Mario and Co who truly do use it randomly.

Does Bowser scale to any known immeasurable speed feats in the Mario franchise? I will admit that my knowledge of Mario is far less so than Sonic, but I'm pretty sure that Bowser with the Pure Hearts scales to The Void from SPM which would've destroyed all of existence in a short amount of time. Unless Bowser doesn't scale to that speed wise.

No I was being straight up, if a little too sardonic, my b. I've heard Ultraguy mocked some higher end Sonic scaling, which sounds rough to know during the waiting period.
It gets better.
  • Research was already complete a year ago, and afaik there is no additional research that took place (nor time for it by this point)
  • Ultraguy was arguing for Bowser months ago.
  • From what I heard, the arguments used on this site were discarded specifically.
I mean, apparently they have Base Bowser at 2-3x Uni. Solaris is considered Uni, IF that, and done via hax. Some people say they buy Uni Supers but I'll believe that when it's in an episode.

Bowser will be winning the DB btw. Which I don't mind at all, what worries me is if they fumble the Sonic scaling. AGAIN.

It gets better.
  • Research was already complete a year ago, and afaik there is no additional research that took place (nor time for it by this point)
  • Ultraguy was arguing for Bowser months ago.
  • From what I heard, the arguments used on this site were discarded specifically.
I mean, apparently they have Base Bowser at 2-3x Uni. Solaris is considered Uni, IF that, and done via hax. Some people say they buy Uni Supers but I'll believe that when it's in an episode.
I mean, a year is decently long enough time for one to change what they think tbf. Especially since as far as I know, it's a pretty close fight based off what Ultraguy was arguing a few months ago.

What I predict is that Bowser will win, but it will be through marginal advantages and not to a significant degree.

I mean, a year is decently long enough time for one to change what they think tbf. Especially since as far as I know, it's a pretty close fight based off what Ultraguy was arguing a few months ago.

What I predict is that Bowser will win, but it will be through marginal advantages and not to a significant degree.
They explicitly said they couldn't change any research for Omni-Dock because it was already done a year ago. It's grim.

Regardless of what happens in three weeks, Death Battle needs to have riffs of Fury Bowser in the OST of the fight if they wish to have this episode succeed. No ifs or buts.

I'm not sure if this is a hot take, but I'm curious how much of the 'stand invisibility to normal people' thing should be filed under Verse Equalisation stuff in future. Would just be interesting and not render 90% of the verse's MUs incompatible.

Ok, how does the "Giorno looks like a fraud" meme get funnier and funnier as more is shown. Animatic Giorno not only drops 0 EXP but also only drops 1 yen, bro is weak and broke.

Side note, love the quotes used for Joker's revival, lots of good P5 jokes in there and I had a good laugh at Yusuke's.
Tbf the animatic also has Giorno just tank the mental shutdown and proceed his life as normal (albeit with heart changed).

Tbf the animatic also has Giorno just tank the mental shutdown and proceed his life as normal (albeit with heart changed).
Yeah, and that's cool and I wish it was in the final fight (especially because this means DIO screwing over Giorno's win means it was all a part of the Heaven Plan) + it does make sense given GER's separate cognizance from Giorno. However he's still broke fodder

I just got a leaked image of the ending of Eggman vs Bowser from some sources of mine, I hope you guys enjoy it:

F1pmxiPaIAcjG0p

I just wanted to share this because I thought it was pretty cute.

After rewatching the fight a few times through some people reacting to it, I think the fight gets past the early awkwardness of the puppet animation and just becomes truly great once Giorno turns Joker's grappling hook into the snake using GE. Everything from the damage reflecting off the life creation, to Jack Frost and the buildup to the finale looks almost perfect and hype as hell (despite my misgivings about the goofy Joker face on that last Muda barrage)

Also yeah, I would've loved to have those few seconds of Giorno's cognition changing kick in, but I understand why they didn't put it into the fight. Also probably would've confused the more casual watchers.

IT'S PEAK
Exactly! I can't help but think that based off the Mario and Sonic Olympic Games series, my head canon belief is that Eggman and Bowser would be steadfast friends united under their collective disdain of their respective nemesis.

It's a shame that the IOC is no longer interested in making more Mario and Sonic Olympic titles. Because if they made a game based off the Paris 2024 Olympics, they could've easily added in Sage and had interactions between her and Bowser Jr.

Such a wasted opportunity, but maybe we might get a crossover between Mario and Sonic that isn't a spin off at some point in the future. I mean if Sonic can crossover with DC Comics of all things, I can just as easily see a Mario crossover as well.

The giorno he fought is the "evil shadow" in metaverse world?
I think just by going by persona meta verse rule given someone mentioned The extended ending doesn’t really make sense because the giorno in the fight is the real giorno, so he’s dead he wouldn’t be in the real world.

Also killing a ghost version of a character should affect them in the RL

Back