• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I can't wait for the "Can You Beat Persona 5 Royal With Only The Personas Joker Used in Death Battle?" video.

Assuming you restricted Satanael and only were only allowed to use skills the Personas used in the battle, it might actually be somewhat difficult.
Arsene, Jack Frost, Alice, & Satanael.

Skills.... Maegiaon, Die For Me (Or whatever Alice did.), Ice Age....

The options are really limited. Heck, did JF even use anything that could be used in early game?
Did Arsene?

The giorno he fought is the "evil shadow" in metaverse world?
Kinda-ish, basically the fight takes place in a Palace, the place in your subconscious where those with powerful distorted desires gain power and influence based on the person's mentality. For example Kamoshida, a garbage human being that preys on his students, saw himself as a king with the school as his castle. Through this perception he created a mental Palace where he actually was king, he could command all shadows inside the castle, and gained kingly powers. Normally speaking Shadow versions of a character would be exaggerated versions of themselves if they create a palace, however given Giorno's resolve and just already being an exaggerated version of a Gangster, makes sense why he doesn't change outfits.

I think just by going by persona meta verse rule given someone mentioned The extended ending doesn’t really make sense because the giorno in the fight is the real giorno, so he’s dead he wouldn’t be in the real world.

Also killing a ghost version of a character should affect them in the RL
No, it does make sense. Killing cognitive Giorno would simply cause a mental breakdown (the black ooze you see in Giorno's eyes in the animatic) but the 'real world' version of himself would still be 'alive' however he'd either be functionally brain-dead or immediately proceed to commit Thunder McQueen, but thanks to GER having a different mind and RTZ he's able to negate this negative effect. Though the actual change of heart is unable to be undone due to the treasure being in the possession of Joker, as the treasures are the source of a Palace's power

Definitely not, they probably just went "This set-up sounds cool AF, let's do it". Plus it's the only way to have Joker actually use his powers without the need to have the literal end of the world happening IRL
True, but they also could've used Morgana's statement at the end of 5 where they said "the world is cognition" and the fact that other Persona users can summon in the real world outside of their game's dungeon mechanics. But that would've been more details to add to the fight that really weren't necessary either.

Damn, now I know you're a real one for calling him that. Respect

epic_handshake_meme-e1534136962951.png
It's at times like this that I recall my appreciation for Tenya Iida primarily because as soon as he learns it, despite it being in the middle of a desperate, life-or-death battle, he immediately, & unfailingly starts calling Bakugo by his chosen hero name, Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight.

Nearly everyone else mocked (Openly or not.), disliked or ignored Bakugo's hero name.
But not Tenya Iida!

& I adore him for that professionalism of his.

Sadly, I can't find the clip, so here's someone else respecting a hero's name choice:

Ngl, that “siocci fantasmi” line would’ve really benefited from a subtitle, most people can’t really understand what he’s saying, especially over the sound effects and music, so it really does sound like he’s saying “don’t even touch me”. It’s a still a cold line but the latter doesn’t really feel like something Giorno would say

Ngl, that “siocci fantasmi” line would’ve really benefited from a subtitle, most people can’t really understand what he’s saying, especially over the sound effects and music, so it really does sound like he’s saying “don’t even touch me”. It’s a still a cold line but the latter doesn’t really feel like something Giorno would say
Its italian so he would say it 🗿

I just got a leaked image of the ending of Eggman vs Bowser from some sources of mine, I hope you guys enjoy it:

F1pmxiPaIAcjG0p

I just wanted to share this because I thought it was pretty cute.
Those kids are going to die hard and get mauled like pitbulls in the next Death Battle BTW

Agumon vs Digimon tier death

Thats so random
Welcome to Ace Attorney, the first trial of the franchise has "I Understand" interrogate a Mr. "The culprit of the case" in order to defend his friend "I knew it" who constantly gets blamed for crimes, with the prosecutor of the case being Mr. "Ouch". Ace Attorney is just filled with these puns, though typically the names get changed to make sense in English

Back